Lois & Clark: The Family Adventures Of Superman

The First Addition

Clark Kent walked through the door of the Brownstone he shared with his wife, Lois Lane. The house seemed so big and empty now. When they had first bought it 6 months ago, he’d had big plans for it to be filled with their children. But now that wasn’t going to happen.

“Lois!” he called as he climbed the stairs. He found her sitting on their bed with her back to the door. She didn’t turn around when he entered. “Lois,” he spoke softly.

“I guess I don’t need this anymore,” she said, holding something up. Clark recognized it as her diaphragm. “Now we don’t have to worry about it being put in at the crucial moment anymore.”

“Lois!” he tried again. Then he walked around the edge of the bed and sat next to her. He went to put his arm around her, but she got up and began to pace. He felt a pain in his chest. His heart ached because he
was responsible for causing her this pain. He had promised her that he would never hurt her, and he was doing just that. It was his fault that they couldn’t have children.

“I never thought I’d want children. I always thought my career was enough for me,” she said, pausing to wipe the tears from her eyes. Clark felt the ache in his chest become more painful. He wanted to take her in his arms and kiss away the hurt and the tears, to tell her that everything would be alright, but he couldn’t. He didn’t know if it was going to be alright and he found that he was unable to move or speak. He was scared. Scared that she would leave him, and he would be all alone again, and this time there would be no hope of finding someone, because Lois was everything he wanted. He could here it coming; she was going to tell him if he couldn’t give her a baby, then she was leaving him.

“But when I was locked up with the children Dr. Kripsly had kidnapped…

<Here it comes> Clark thought. He remembered two weeks ago, after they had made love twice, Lois had told him that she felt ready to have a baby. She had said that if the tests Dr. Klein was running confirmed that they could have children together, she wanted them to start trying straight away.

…I knew I wanted your baby,” Lois finished.

“Lois, it’s my fault we can’t have children,” he said, but he couldn’t look at her. He knew if he did, he wouldn’t be able to say it. “I’ll understand if you don’t want to be with me, and I won’t make things
difficult.”

“What? Clark, how can you think that?”

“I’m sorry. It’s just that I am so scared that you’re going to leave me, or I’m going to wake up and find that it’s all a dream. You have to put up with so much from me; it’s not easy to be married to….”

“And I’m a walk in the park? Clark, I love you; you make my life so
much better. I don’t want to think what my life would be like if you had never come into it.” She looked at him. “And we would be able to adopt if I didn’t -- how did that woman put it – ‘Daggle over the jaws of
death’.”

“That woman doesn’t know what she was talking about. Any child would be lucky to have you as their mother.”

“Oh Clark, how come you always know just what to say?”

“You bring it out in me,” he said. Then he kissed her lowering her onto the bed. Her arms snaked around his neck and he deepened the kiss.

“I love you,” she mumbled.

“I love you too.”

“Show me.” She kissed him again and their hands began to roam the others body, undoing buttons and removing clothing while fingers searched for bare skin. Lois tore her lips away from his and began kissing up his neck to the sensitive spot behind his ear that she knew drove him wild.

“Oh Lois,” he moaned and felt her smile against his neck before she nibbled on his ear. He began a trail of hot, wet kisses down her neck to her breasts. He flicked his tongue over the right nipple then nipped it gently before sucking on it. Then he moved over to give the left one the same attention.

“Oh Clark,” she moaned, parting her legs so he lay between them. She
could feel his hard erection against her thigh. “Make love to me Clark.”
She captured his lips. “Please!” she pleaded. Clark obeyed and made love to her then they collapsed onto the bed.

“I love you,” she said breathlessly as she kissed his neck.

“I know,” he replied and began kissing her neck, “and I you.”

Lois woke in the early hours of the morning and looked at Clark
sleeping next to her like a big cat. She found it satisfying that he could fly
around the world 50 times, at top speed, and not even be breathless,
but she could tire him out just making love. She was amazed at how alive
she felt afterwards. They may not be able to make a life together, but
Clark filled her with it every time.

Clark woke and found himself alone in bed. He got up and pulled on a
robe and went down stairs. Lois stood looking at the bassinet. “Lois,
sweetheart, what are you doing up?” he asked rubbing the back of his head.

“It’s just not fair Clark. There are so many unwanted children and we
really want one and can’t have one,” she turned around and sobbed onto
his chest.

“I know it isn’t fair,” he agreed, stroking the back of her head. “Come
on let’s go back to bed. I’ll take this back tomorrow.” He took her
hand and leads her upstairs.

A week later, Lois came home carrying two grocery bags. Clark was on
the phone.

“OK, we’ll look forward to it, bye.” He hung up the phone and smiled at
her taking the bags and giving her a kiss.

“Hi,” she said smiling, something she did automatically when Clark
kissed her. She walked into the kitchen and he followed. “Who was on the
phone?”

“Oh. That was my friend, Chloe Sullivan.”

“Oh.”

“She’s in Metropolis for a couple of days and wants us to meet up for
lunch on Friday.”

“I have a press conference on Friday.”

“Oh, well, I’ll cancel.”

“No. Don’t do that. You go; I’m sure you have a lot to catch up on.”

“You’re sure?”

“Yeah,” she said as she began to put things away. “Is she married?”

“No.”

“Boyfriend, Girlfriend?”

“I don’t know on the boyfriend. She was seeing a drummer last time I
saw her, but that was a year ago and I think they split up. I’m pretty
sure no to the girlfriend.”

“Oh right,” she said putting a box of cereal in the fridge and the milk
in the cupboard.

Clark didn’t say anything but went to the fridge and corrected her
mistake. “You’re not jealous, are you?”

“Tut! No.”

“Hey,” he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her to him. “You’re
the only one for me,” he said as he lowered his head to kiss her.

“Mmm, race you upstairs,” she said giggling and ran for the stairs.
Clark raced after her. He caught up with her before she got to the door.
She turned around and kissed him hungrily. She pulled his shirt from his
pants, unbuttoned it, and pushed it off his shoulders. As it fell to
the floor, she planted hot, wet kisses on his chest. “I love this chest.”
She ran her hands up and down the smooth skin. “I had dreamt about
touching it since the first time I saw it, when you answered the door
wearing just a towel.”

“Really?” Clark was smiling as he began kissing her neck. His hands
removed her jacket and blouse then released the clasp of her bra. He
discarded it with the rest of their clothes.

“Uh huh.”

“And now you have the real thing?” He began kissing her neck as he
cupped her breasts.

“Ahh, reality is sooo much better,” she gasped and they made love against their bedroom door.

“Clark, that…was…”

“Amazing…incredible…wonderful…fantastic?” he said between kisses.

“Oh, yeah,” she breathed then giggled.

“Hum, what’s so funny?”

“Look at us. We’re meters from our big, comfy bed, but we’ve just had
sex against the door.”

“Yeah but it was pretty damn good, wasn’t it?”

“Oh yeah,” she smiled and kissed him.

Clark was sitting, outside Lois’ Uncle Mike’s restaurant, with an
attractive woman with short blond hair and blue eyes.

“This food is amazing,” she said, putting the last bite into her mouth.

“This is Lois’ uncle’s place. Wait ‘til you taste his chocolate cake,”
Clark said.

Just then, Mike walked up to their table. “Everything alright Clark?”
he asked.

“Great, thanks Mike. This is my friend from Smallville, Chloe Sullivan.
Chloe, Mike Lane.”

Chloe shook Mike’s hand. “The food is really wonderful,” Chloe said.

“Thank you. How would you like some chocolate cake?” Clark smiled and
nodded. “I’ll bring it out to you.” Mike turned and went back inside.

“I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet Lois,” Chloe said. “I’m
interested in meeting the woman who won your heart.”

“Well, when do you leave? Maybe we could arrange a time to get
together.”

“I leave tonight, but I’ve got a transfer to Metropolis.”

“Really, so you’re going to become a metro girl?”

“Yep.”

“Well, we’ll have to have you over for dinner.”

“I’d like that,” she smiled, and was about to say something, when Mike
came back out carrying two plates of chocolate cake.

“Here we go,” he said as he put the plates on the table.

“Thanks Mike,” Clark said.

“How’s that niece of mine? You taking care of her?”

“She’s fine. She has a press conference today or she would’ve been
here.”

“Still working hard?”

“You know Lois.”

“Yes I do. You give her my love, and tell her it wouldn’t kill her to
come see her old uncle once in awhile.”

“I will Mike.”

“I’ll leave you two to talk,” Mike said as he turned to go back inside.

“So, have you got a place to live yet?” Clark asked, putting some cake
in his mouth.

“Yeah, I bought a house. It’s in Escrow.”

“Where?”

“Hyperion Avenue.”

“Your kidding?”

“No. Why do you know it?”

“I should; I live there.”

“So we’re going to be neighbors.”

“Yeah. Big place for just you though.”

“Well it’s not just me, that’s what I wanted to tell you. I’m going to
have a baby, hopefully.”

“Huh? With who?” Clark took a sip of his coffee.

“Me. I was artificially inseminated yesterday.”

Clark choked, spraying her with his coffee.

“Clark!”

“I’m sorry. Why?”

“Because I want a baby.”

“But why this way?”

“Clark, I’m 32 years old and my longest relationship was with a deadbeat drummer,” she explained. “I want to have baby before it’s too late and this seemed the best way. Lot’s of woman do it. Some married couples do too, if the man is infertile.”

“Really.”

“Yeah.”

“How does it work?”

“Well, they take the…”

“No, no, not that part. I mean, do you just go in and ask for some …
you know,” Clark blushed.

“No they give you profiles of the donors, and you pick out the one you
like. Why are you asking?”

“Oh, I um… I thought it would make a good story.”

“Oh.”

“Are you going to be able to afford a house and look after a baby along
with a new job?”

“This new job is better pay and fewer hours so I can afford the
mortgage, and get a nanny, while I’m at work.”

“Well, it sounds like you have it all figured out.”

“Pretty much.”

When Lois arrived back at the Planet, she looked over at Clark’s desk, but he wasn’t there.

“Jimmy!” she called

“Yeah?” he called as he went to join her at her desk.

“Have you seen Clark?”

“He came back an hour ago, but had to go somewhere.”

“Right thanks.”

Clark didn’t return to the Planet that day. It was reported that Superman had stopped a bank robbery; Clark had phoned in the story but had to go to China where a volcano had erupted.

Lois was watching an old movie when Clark arrived home. He looking tired and worn, and his suit and skin were covered in ash and dirt.

“Hey,” Lois said watching him as he closed the windows. “Was it bad?”

“Yeah.” He spoke like it was an effort.

“Sit down and I’ll draw you a bath.”

“OK,” he nodded and lay on the couch while Lois went to run him a bath. She returned twenty minutes later and found him asleep. She stroked his hair as she brushed her lips against his. His eyes slowly drifted open.

“Hey handsome.” A smile spread across his lips and he lifted his head to kiss her fully. “Mmm. Bath’s ready.”

“Hum.” He moaned at the loss of contact. “OK, but I’m tired. I’ll need help to wash my back,” he said smiling.

“Alright,” she smiled back and pulled him to his feet, and then they went upstairs and got into the bath together. Clark was resting against her while she washed his chest. “So how was your lunch?”

“Fine. Chloe’s moving to metropolis. She got a transfer.”

“Oh, what is it that she does?”

“She’s an architect. You two will get on really well.”

“How close were you?”

“How do you mean?”

“Well like you and Jimmy close or you and me close.”

“Well I did share a bath with her once.”

“What?”

“We were two.”

“Oh! So how close were you?”

“Well Chloe, Pete and I were inseparable until I was about ten. Our birthdays were close together, and our dads were all on the football team together.”

“What happened when you were ten?”

“Well… my powers started to show, and I was scared that I would hurt them or that they would think I was a freak if they found out. We were still friends but I made excuses that I had to help my dad around the farm. Pete understood because his dad had a farm too. He knew how much work had to be done, but he had four older brothers to share the work with, so he had more free time than me. I never told him that it took me half the time to do my chores.”

“So what did you do with your free time?” Lois asked.

Clark shrugged. “Built the tree house, read a lot, wrote stories. I still played with them sometimes.” Clark heard Lois let out a sad sigh. “But I’m not lonely anymore.” He took her hand and kissed it.

“Does Chloe have somewhere to stay?”

“Yeah. You’ll never believe this, but she bought a house on this street. I think it must be the one two doors down because it’s the only one I know that’s up for sale.”

“It’s a big house for one person,” Lois said as she poured some water over Clark’s hair to wash it.

“Well she may not be one for long. She’s trying to have a baby.”

“Oh!” Lois tried not to sound bitter or jealous, but every time she heard someone was pregnant or saw a newborn baby, she felt the ache in her heart that she new was in Clark’s too. “I thought you said she wasn’t married?”

“No she isn’t. She’s been artificially inseminated.”

Lois was about to pour more water over his hair, but poured it over his face. She hadn’t realized what she’d done until he coughed and spluttered. “Oh God! I’m sorry.”

“It’s OK,” Clark replied with a chuckle. “I had a similar reaction and spat my coffee at her.”

“You didn’t?”

“I did.”

“What made her decide this?” Lois asked.

Clark shrugged again. “She wanted a baby and didn’t want to wait for Mr. Right?”

“Well he’s taken.”

“He is?”

“Uh huh. I married him.” She kissed the sensitive spot behind his ear. He quickly turned to face her sloshing the water on to the floor. She giggled when she felt his erection rub against her thigh. “I thought you were tired?”

“You give me energy.” He kissed her. They began to make love in the bath.

“Um, Clark? There’s not enough room.” Lois moaned. Clark floated them both out the bath and onto the floor where they continued to make love. Clark collapsed on her.

“Wow!” Lois said while Clark kissed and nibbled her neck.

“Mmm. Yeah,” he agreed, his voice muffled by her neck. “Suddenly I’m not so tired. How about we take this to the bed room?”

“I’m hungry,” she said and felt him chuckle.

“What do you want?” he asked before capturing her lips.

“Surprise me.”

“Okay.” He got up and was gone in a blur.

Clark returned, twenty minutes later, with Mexican food. They ate as they lay on the bed wearing matching white terry cloth robes (Clarks had CK embroidered in gold thread on the Lois had LL on hers).

Lois was watching him carefully. She could sense that he had something on his mind. “What is it?” she asked.

Clark looked up at her puzzled. “I didn’t say anything.”

“No, but I can tell you’re obsessing over something, so spill.” Clark’s jaw dropped. “I can read you like a book Kent.”

“I was just thinking about Chloe.”

“Brave thing she’s doing, having a baby on her own. I couldn’t do it.”

“You could do anything you put your mind to, Lois.” He kissed her but then became lost in thought again.

“So what were you thinking?” she asked about.

“Hum?” he looked back up at her. “Well, um, Chloe was saying, that sometimes married couples use artificial insemination, you know, if the man is sterile.”

“But, Clark, you’re not sterile.”

Clark ignored her. “We could try it, Chloe said…”

“Are you serious? You want to try that?”

“Why not? It may be our only chance to have a baby.” Clark could see the skeptical look on Lois’ face. “Just listen to me for a minute. Chloe said that you’re given profiles of donors; so we could chose someone similar to me…”

“What, a dark haired, brown eyed last son of an advanced planet?”

“Forget it, Lois,” Clark snapped. “If you’re not going to take me seriously….”

Lois now realized just how serious he was. “This isn’t a joke is it? You’re… you’re really considering this?”

“Yes!”

“For me to have another man’s child?” Clark tried not to flinch when she said that, but Lois caught it.

“Don’t say it like that,” he mumbled.

“Why?” she looked at him. “Does it bother you?”

“No!”

Lois searched his eyes but he was avoiding eye contact. “Don’t lie to me,” she said. “I can tell.”

“Really, it doesn’t bother me because it would be ours.”

“You’d really feel that way?”

“Yes! I would love it like my own because it would be part of you.” He stared at her. “I thought you wanted children?”

“I do…”

“Well?”

“Oh Clark. I’m not sure I’m comfortable with this. I need to think about it?”

“OK.” Lois got up. “Where are you going?”

“I need some chocolate ice cream.” Lois went down stairs while Clark tidied up the room.

The following day, nothing more was said about the previous night’s conversation. Lois wasn’t about to bring it up; she wasn’t convinced that Clark wanted this. She knew how she felt, but if he didn’t press the issue, she wasn’t going to.

They decided to go to Smallville for the weekend. Clark teased Lois about how much she hated her first visit. Now they tried to have dinner with his parents at least once a week. They also spent at least one weekend a month and one week a year there.

Lois was happy to be in Smallville she wanted to talk to Martha when Clark and Jonathan went on there evening walk.

It was past eight when Clark and Jonathan left. Lois and Martha were sitting in the kitchen.

“So!” Martha looked at Lois. “What’s wrong?”

“What makes you think…” Lois didn’t finish her sentence. It wasn’t worth the pretence; Martha could always tell when Clark had something on his mind, and over time, Martha had learned to tell when Lois was troubled too.

“Did Clark get the results back from Dr. Klein?” Martha could read the answer on Lois’ face. “Oh! I take it from your look that it wasn’t what you were hoping for?”

“We can’t have children together,” Lois said sadly.

“Oh honey. I’m so sorry. I know how much you both wanted a baby.”

“It just seems… Oh, I don’t know. All my life I was never interested in babies. Lucy could get excited about new babies, but I would rather sit with my daddy and hear about the war.” Now I feel…”

“Like you’ve had something taken from you that you never really had?”

“Yes!” Lois breathed. “See, I can talk to you. I couldn’t speak to my mother about this.”

“I thought you had gotten closer?”

“Well, we have, but I don’t think her idea of support would be very supportive. She’d probably say it was a blessing. She still hasn’t really forgiven daddy, and well, she doesn’t trust Clark.” Lois sighed. “She’d probably say it’s a blessing that I won’t be tied to him. Daddy, he would drop hints about a grandson.” Lois looked at Martha and sighed again. “How did you do it?”

“I won’t say it was easy. But we got lucky,” she smiled.

“Yeah me too,” Lois said smiling back.

“Have you thought about adopting?”

Lois let out a frustrated sigh. “The woman who interviewed us said I was unsuitable because of my job and the number of times Superman has had to save me.”

“That’s ridiculous.”

“Well, that was the end of that. But now Clark met up with his friend Chloe um…”

“Sullivan.”

“Yes. She’s been transferred to Metropolis, and they had lunch together.”

“Yes I heard.”

“Did you know she’s trying to have a baby?”

“No! I didn’t know she was seeing anyone.”

“She’s not. She’s been artificially inseminated.”

“Oh! Oh well, Chloe was never one for doing the conventional. You two will get on very well.” Martha smiled.

“Clark thinks we should try it?”

“Oh?”

“Yeah he said he would love it just the same.”

“I’m sure he would.”

“I’m not sure I would. I want Clark’s baby, not some *cups*.” Martha tried to hide her laugh but Lois caught it and laughed herself.

“You have to do what you think is right, and don’t let him bully you… Well, I guess I don’t need to tell you that.”

“Thanks Martha.”

A few days later, Lois came home from work to find Clark sitting at the computer. “Hey what are you doing?” she asked, putting her hands on his shoulders and sliding them down his chest. He was wearing a grey fitted t-shirt that showed off his chest well.

“I was looking into sperm donors on the Internet and… Lois had begun kissing his neck. “Lois, are you listing to me?”

“Make love to me, Clark.”

“Lois look, you said you’d think about this?” he said with a frustrated sigh, and stood up and backed away.

Lois turned abruptly. “I’m going to get changed,” she said over her shoulder as the proceeded up the stairs.

Clark followed her. “Lois, what’s the matter? I thought you were going to think about this.”

“And I have. I even talked it over with your mom.”

“You told my mom?” Clark exclaimed.

“Yes! I needed to speak to some one about it.” Lois’ voice was tense and frustrated.

“Yeah. You’re right. I’m sorry. So?”

“So? What?”

“Have you decided?”

“Clark…” she replied. Her frustration was becoming more evident.

“If your worried, that I wouldn’t feel the same about a child conceived this way, don’t! I would love the child just the same.”

Lois looked at him. “OK! Let’s look into it,” she quipped.

Two weeks later Lois and Clark were having dinner with Chloe, and, as Martha and Clark had said, Lois and Chloe hit off. Chloe had told Lois stories of Clark as a young boy that she hadn’t heard from Martha, mainly because they were things that they had hid from her. But Lois had a feeling that there wasn’t much that got past Martha.

“So when do you move in?” Clark asked quickly changing the subject while he had a chance.

“Not ‘til next month. I have so much stuff.”

“Clark will help, won’t you?” Lois smiled.

“Yes, of course.”

“Thanks. You’ll have to show me the best place for wall paper.”

“Sure. We can leave Clark to move you in while we go shopping,” Lois said as she smiled at Clark.

“Thanks. I don’t know many people here.”

“Well, the people in our street are nice, although there’s not many under 50,” Lois said.

They finished their meals, and Lois and Clark drove Chloe back to her hotel.

“So what do you think of Chloe?” Clark asked Lois as they entered their brownstone.

“She’s really nice.”

“I told you, you would get on.”

“Well you were right,” she smiled and kissed him. “Shall we go to bed?”

“Yeah.” Clark chased her upstairs.

The following day, Lois and Clark were at the Metropolis Family Clinic. Lois flicked through the out of date magazines.

“OK, they’ve forgotten about us, let’s go,” Lois said and she threw the last one onto the table in front of her.

“Lo-is…” Clark said.

“Kent!” a woman called. Clark took Lois’ hand and pulled her to her feet and she reluctantly allowed him to lead her into the room. “Sit down,” the woman said indicating the chairs, and they both sat down. “I’m Julia Hart.”

“Clark Kent and this is my wife Lois.” Clark introduced himself and Lois.

“Hi, nice to meet you.” They shook hands. “So you want to look into artificial insemination?”

“Yeah.” Clark nodded but Lois kept quiet.

“Why have you chosen this option?”

“What has that got to do with anything?” Lois said.

“Lois it’s OK.” He took her hand then looked at Julia. “I’m unable to have children.”

“Well the way it works is we give you the profiles of the available donors and then you read through them and chose one. Then you need to work out the days when you’re fertile then you come back and we insert the selected sperm,” Julia explained.

“OK,” Clark said as he noticed Lois cross her legs uncomfortably.

“Right. Well, I’ll get the profiles for you.” Julia turned to the computer and typed. After some clicks, the printer started. “Ok. Here we go,” she said taking the print outs and handing them to Clark who took them.

“Thank you,” he said. Then he and Lois left.

Later that evening Lois and Clark were sitting in the living room looking over the profiles.

“What about this one?” Clark said. “He’s 6ft, black hair, green eyes, from Chicago, and a lawyer. He’s the youngest of, wow, big family, seven brothers. His interests are basketball and sci-fi movies practically Star Wars. Cool, this one sounds great.”

“Because he likes Star wars? What guy doesn’t? I don’t get the big deal with that.”

“Princess Leia in a gold bikini,” he muttered.

“I heard that.”

“So what do you think about this one?”

“No!”

“Why? What’s wrong with this one?”

“He’s a lawyer.”

“So?”

“So. I don’t like lawyers; you can’t trust them. Anyway, he has green eyes.”

Clark let out a frustrated sigh. “You’ve vetoed 50 guys. Their too short, too tall, have blond hair, blue eyes, is a lawyer, you even dised one because you said he had serial killer hand writing. Just pick one damn it!”

“Don’t you swear at me, and don’t yell at me. This isn’t like picking out an outfit. We’re choosing the father of our child, and none of these guys are good enough.” Lois wasn’t quite yelling yet but she was building to it.

“Oh. So who would be good enough?” Clark didn’t lower his he could feel a fight coming on and wasn’t going to back down without a good reason from Lois why she was being so difficult.

“I’m looking at him!!” she yelled at the top of her voice, and then took several deep calming breaths. They stared at each other. “I want your baby, and if that’s not possible, then I don’t want one. I’m sorry. I’m not doing it.”

Clark kissed her. “I love you,” he said and kissed her again. “The thought of you having another mans child wasn’t that appealing.”

“I knew it! I knew you weren’t comfortable with it,” Lois said and wiped the tears that had formed in her eyes. “So it will just be us; is that so bad?”

“No, no that’s not so bad,” he smiled and kissed her again.

Several weeks passed, and Lois and Clark got on with their lives together, enjoying being in and making love.

They often caught the other watching a mother with a new born or a father playing with a toddler and would comfort each other.

The stress and sadness was building. They needed to get away and spend some quality time together, to focus on each other, so they decided to take a short second honeymoon.

When they returned, they helped Chloe move into her brownstone. She told them that she was pregnant and asked them to be the Godparents. They were both looking forward to becoming an aunt and uncle. Lois told Chloe that she would help with the nursery as she neared her time.

Several weeks later, Chloe came into the Planet. “Lois,” Chloe said as she approached her desk.

Lois looked up at her. “Hi Chloe. What brings you down here?” Lois smiled and gestured to the chair next to her and Chloe sat down.

“I had my 10 week scan today.”

“Oh of course, how did it go?”

“Look at this.” Chloe went into her purse and took out a sonogram photo.

“Oh wow, look at this,” Lois smiled as she gazed at the picture.

Chloe looked at her rather intently. “Hey, Lois, are you okay? You look a little pale?”

“Uh, I’ve not been feeling well for a couple of weeks now. Clark insisted I go to the doctor. I’m just waiting on the results.”

“Lois, here’s the files you asked for,” Jimmy said handing her some files.

“Thanks Jimmy. Oh, Jimmy this is Chloe Sullivan. Chloe and Clark grew up together. She recently moved into the brownstone two doors from us. Chloe this is Jimmy Olsen, up and coming journalist,” Lois said with a grin.

“Hi.” Chloe said and shook his hand.

Lois looked at Jimmy who was staring at Chloe with his jaw open. “Jimmy you’re catching flies,” Lois teased.

“Huh.” Jimmy tore his eyes from Chloe to look at Lois as she closed his mouth for him. “I err… I should… C.K. needs me to… the Chief will want his… nice to…” He rambled, not finishing any sentence, and left.

“He’s a little strange.” Chloe said.

“That’s our Jimmy.”

“Cute.”

“Oh! Yeah, well I just see him as this annoying little brother who’s always interrupting me and Clark.”

“Hey what are you two up to?” Clark said as he came over to them.

“Hey,” Lois said and kissed him. “Chloe was showing me the Scan pictures.”

“Oh. Yeah. Here.” Chloe gave Clark the photos.

“Oh wow, these are great. So, is everything OK?”

“Yeah everything is fine.”

“So, do you ladies want to get some lunch?”

“Sure. I’m starving,” Lois said.

“No wonder. You threw up everything in your stomach this morning.” Clark teased. “How are you feeling now?”

“Better.” The phone rang and Lois picked it up. “Lois Lane,” she said and listened to the voice on the other end. “Uh huh. OK. Th…thank you.”

Clark looked at her concerned. “What’s the matter?” he asked.

“Umm… that was my doctor. He has my results.”

“And…?”

“Well, he wants me to go in tomorrow.” Clark nodded. “He also said that it would be a good idea if you came with me.”

“Me?” Lois nodded. “Did he say why?” Lois shook her head.

“This is bad. There’s something seriously wrong?” she mumbled.

“Lois, honey, lets not jump to conclusions. If something were seriously wrong, they would want you in right away. Right?” Clark looked at Chloe for back up.

“What? Oh yeah, I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about,” Chloe replied, trying to dissuade Lois’ concern.

“See. Everything will be OK,” Clark said with a smile as he rubbed her back.

“Yeah. Yeah. Your right. Shall we go to lunch?” Lois stood and picked up her purse. She grabbed the first coat she saw and put it on.

“Lois, that’s my coat.” Clark said.

“I know.” Lois took off the jacket and Clark helped her on with her coat and they left.

The next day, Lois and Clark were walking through the halls of the doctors office both looking worried and nervous

“So what exactly did they say?" Clark asked.

“They just said that the test results were back, and I should come in today to get them,” Lois explained.

“Well, did they say why they wanted me to come?”

“No. He just said that you should come too.” They stopped outside a door. “This is it.” She looked at Clark. “I’m sure you’re right, nothing to worry about.” She smiled and squeezed Clark’s hand as they went inside.

“Lois,” the doctor said with a friendly smile. He was a tall man in his early forties with green eyes and greying hair that was starting to thin. “And this must be Clark?” He shook Clark’s hand. “Please sit down.”

“So Dr. Burns,” Lois began as they all took a seat, “what's wrong with me?"

“Nothing. Well, nothing that won’t go away in about 9 months. Kids, you’re going to have a baby.”

“What” they both said in unison.

“Lois is pregnant?”

“That’s impossible,” Lois said.

“Impossible? Have you not had sexual relations?” Clark shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

“Well of course but” Lois tried.

“Then why is it impossible. Nothings fool proof. What form of birth control were you using”

“Well we aren’t using any.”

“Well then why are you so surprised?”

“I was told, by my doctor, that I couldn’t have children,” Clark explained.

“Oh. Well um” He looked at Lois.

“I haven’t been with anyone else,” Lois said then looked at Clark. “You know that right?”

Clark smiled and kissed her knuckles. “Of course I do.”

“Oh well, doctors can be wrong,” Dr. Burns said.

“Yeah, well, that reassuring,” Lois said. “So you could be wrong.”

“Well”

“Well you just check those results again,” Lois demanded. “Go on.”

“Sweetheart, calm down,” Clark soothed. “It’s okay.”

“No, Clark, it’s not okay. We were devastated when we were told that we couldn’t have children; now you say that we can. What’s to say that you turn around in a couple of days and say oops, sorry but we got your tests mixed up with someone else’s.” Lois took a deep breath. “Now check them again,” she demanded, again.

“OK. I can see that you’re upset. I have a free appointment in an hour, so come back at one and we’ll do a sonogram. Maybe seeing the baby will help.” Lois nodded. “Okay back in an hour and you need to drink a pint and a half of water so the scan is clearer. OK” Lois nodded again then she and Clark stood up, still holding hands, and left.

They went to a dinner across the street from the doctors offices. As they sat down at a booth opposite each other, a waitress came over to them. “What can I get you?” she asked

“Just a glass of water please,” Lois said.

“And for you handsome,” she smiled. Clark smiled back then felt Lois kick him under the table. When he glanced at her, he saw her wince in pain.

“I will have the hamburger with fries and a chocolate milkshake,” he said looking at the menu. The waitress wrote the order on her pad then left. “Whatdcha kick me for?”

“You were flirting with her,” Lois said as she sat back with her arms folded across her chest.

“I smiled, she smiled so I smiled back, it’s called being polite.”

“I can’t believe you. Here I am, possibly carrying your child, and you’re flirting with the waitresses.”

“Waitress! And I wasn’t flirting,” he said as he leaned toward her. “Lois you are the only woman I have ever been interested in. I was crazy about you the first time I laid eyes on you, and after four years, I’m still crazy about you.”

“Crazy about me huh?” She softened and as she leaned toward him, and he leaned toward her. They came together; there lips were millimetres apart.

“Yep, totally… utterly…madly…hopelessly…crazy about you.” Each word was punctuated by a kiss. Then she captured his lips in a solid, passionate kiss. They were interrupted by a fake cough. They both looked up to see the waitress standing with their drinks which she practically threw at them. “Um, thank you,” Clark said as she walked away. “What happened to service with a smile?”

“I think she realized you’re taken.” Lois smiled and quickly drank her water. “Excuse me,” she said to a passing waitress. “Could I get another water please?” As Clark drank his milkshake, he began making a slurping noise. She glared at him while drumming her fingers on the table. The waitress brought over another glass of water. “Thank you.” She glanced at Clark, “Do you have to do that?”

“What?” Clark asked confused.

“Slurping noise,” she said, just before she began to chug her second glass of water.

”I always drink my milkshake like that. It never bothered you before.”

“Well it’s bothering me now,” she snapped and finished her water. “Could I get another glass please?”

The waitresses brought over another glass. “Would you just like a pitcher?” she asked sarcastically.

“Yes thanks,” Lois replied with a smile.

“Lois, are you alright?” Clark asked.

“I’m Fine.”

The waitress returned with the pitcher of water and Clark’s burger. “Will there be anything else?”

“Yes, may I have a coke please?” Clark asked as he watched Lois pour another glass of water. “Lois, that’s your fourth glass.”

“Well I want the scan to be clear,” she explained.

“Sweetheart, are you sure you’re alright?”

“I’m fine,” she repeated. Finishing her water, she poured another glass.

“Honey, do you want to talk about it?”

“No, no I don’t.”

“Lois!”

“Clark we were so upset when we thought we couldn’t have children. I refuse to get my hopes up. I just couldn’t go through that disappointment again.”

“Yeah. I know how you feel sweetheart.” He reached across the table top and squeezed her hand.

“Are you going to share those fries?” Lois asked with a serious face.

“Oh, I’m sorry” As he began to feed her a fry, he noticed her fidgeting and clutching her stomach. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

“I have to pee,” she whispered. That made Clark smile.

Later, they were back at the doctor’s office, but in another room that was more clinical than the office.

“OK Lois, would you lie down and lift up your top please?” Dr. Burns asked and Lois complied. “This may be a little cold,” he told her as he reached for the sonogram gel and squirted it on to her stomach.

“Ah.” Lois flinched as the cold gel hit her stomach. “A little cold?”

“Sorry. OK, just watch the screen here,” he told her as he pointed at the flickering monitor. Lois squeezed Clark’s hand as they both watched. “There you go; there’s your proof,” he said pointing at the screen. “Let’s see if we can get the heart beat.” He turned some knobs and a soft, fast thumping sound could be heard. “Good, strong heart beat.” He smiled at them both. “Well, now are you convinced?” Lois nodded, tears filling her eyes. “I’ll give you two a minute,” he replied as he left the room.

“Clark, we’re going to have a baby,” she whispered. All Clark could do was nod. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he said then kissed her. “I can’t believe it; we’re going to have a baby.” He put his hand on her stomach. “Urgh, it’s all sticky.” he grimaced, looking at his hand now covered in the gel.

“Way to kill the moment. Can you hand me some paper towels?” Clark handed her some towels to clean up with, then he cleaned his hand too. When Lois was back in order, they went back into Dr. Burns’ office.

“OK Lois, I estimate you’re about 12 weeks along. Your due date is January 15th. Here’s some information on pre-natal care and birthing classes. Also, here is the sonogram; your baby’s first picture. Your next appointment will be in two weeks.”

“Thank you,” Lois said as she took the leaflets; then she stood up. Clark stood with her and took her hand. She handed him the keys to the Jeep and stared at the photo as they made their way to the car.

As they got into the Jeep, and Clark pulled out of the parking lot, Lois was still staring at the picture.

“I still can’t believe it Clark; we’re going to have a baby.”

“Yeah. I know what you mean, it’s amazing.” In Clark’s reply, Lois could hear the awe in his voice.

“I don’t want to go back to work today Clark,” Lois stated.

“You want to play hooky?” Clark asked with a wicked smile.

“Yeah, I want to play hooky.” Lois smiled back.

“OK. What do you have in mind?”

“I thought we could go to Smallville and tell your folks.”

“Really? You want to tell them now?”

“Yeah, and they’ll be just as excited as we are?”

“OK,” he said with a shrug of his shoulders. He drove them home, made a quick call to Perry to say they wouldn’t be back, then they left for Smallville.

They landed in the courtyard of the Kent farm a half an hour later. Clark spun out of the blue suit and into his black work suit. He waved at his father who was out on the tractor. Martha came out to greet them.

“Hi Martha, sorry, I really have to use the bathroom,” Lois said running past Martha.

“OK,” Martha called to Lois as she entered the house, then turned to look at Clark. “Hi honey, what brings you two here?”

“Since when do we need a reason to come visit?” Clark asked.

“Well, you don’t, of course, but it’s not like you to visit in the middle of a work day.”

“We took the afternoon off,” Lois said as she walked back outside.

“Oh? Oh well, you’re just in time for lunch.”

“Great! I’m starving.”

Martha smiled and wrapped her arm around Lois’ shoulder and they both walked inside.

Jonathan walked up and joined Clark. “Hi son. What brings you here?”

“Lunch,” Clark said and they both followed their woman inside.

They all sat down at the table. Clark was sitting next to Lois. Both of them were still wearing the silly grins that had been on their faces since they got the news about the baby.

“OK you two. Are you going to tell us what’s going on?” Martha asked.

“What makes you think anything is going on?” Clark asked.

“Clark Kent! I can always tell when you are hiding something. You are a terrible liar,” she winked at Lois who smiled. “When he was four, my parents came to visit and brought him a large bag of chocolate. I told him he couldn’t have it until after dinner then sent him out to play.” She looked at Clark who had his head in his hands.

“Mom.” Clark moaned.

Martha ignored him and continued with her story. “I went on with preparing dinner. Then there was a knock at the door, so I went to answer it. When I returned, the bag was empty and all that was left were the wrappers scattered about the place.” She looked at Clark again who was shaking his head. “So I asked Clark if he had eaten it. He shook his head but, I could tell he had.”

“How?” Lois asked amazed at Martha’s intuition.

“He had chocolate all around his mouth,” Jonathan answered chuckling. Lois and Martha both laughed too.

“I thought I was the chocoholic,” Lois said looking at him and smiling. He smiled back to show he wasn’t really annoyed.

“My point isâ…” Martha paused to look at them. “…you two have chocolate all over your face.”

“Well…”Clark began then looked at Lois.

“Tell them.”

“Mom, dad,” he said as he took Lois’ hand. “You’re going to be grandparents. We’re going to have a baby.” They both looked at the older couple.

“I thought you’d given up on the idea of a sperm donor,” Martha said.

“We did,” Lois said smiling.

“It’s mine.” Clark’s smile broadened. “Ours,” he corrected.

“Oh Clark, Lois, that’s wonderful.” Martha stood up and hugged Lois then Clark. “I’m so happy for you,” She replied as she wiped tears from her eyes. “I’ll get lunch. You must be starving, and you have to keep your strength up.”

“I thought I was the babbler.” Lois smiled and hugged Martha again.

Jonathan got up and shook Clark’s hand then hugged him. “Well done son,” he said then went to Lois and hugged her. “Congratulations.”

“Thanks,” Lois said.

“So, when are you due?” Martha asked.

“January 15th,” Lois answered.

Lois and Clark returned home later that day. Clark started dinner while Lois sat at the table staring at the sonogram picture. The doorbell rang, and Clark looked at Lois, “Shall I get it?” he asked smiling as he washed and dried his hands.

“Uh huh,” was Lois’ response. Clark smiled again and went to answer the door. When he returned, Chloe was following.

“Hey. I just came to see how your doctor’s appointment went. Is everything alright?” Then she looked at the photos. “Lois are you…?”

“Yeah nearly three months,” Lois answered with a smile.

“Congratulations,” Chloe said and hugged Lois.

“Do you want to stay for dinner?” Clark asked.

“Oh no, I don’t want to intrude.”

“You’re not,” Lois assured her.

“Have you told your parents yet?”

“Yeah we wen… err called them,” Clark said mentally kicking himself for the slip. He was so excited about the baby that he wasn’t thinking clearly.

“Yeah you can fly out there when ever you want.” She smiled at Lois and Clark’s shocked looks. “What? I’ve known for years.”

“You have?” Clark asked surprised.

“Of course. We were inseparable until you got distant, and I decided to find out why.”

“Does Pete know?”

“Please, he’s a man; when do they ever notice anything?” Lois and Chloe both smiled.

“Thanks,” Clark grumbled and went back to preparing dinner.

“Lois, have you told your parents?” Chloe asked.

“Oh god!” Lois groaned. “I guess we have to tell them. Don’t we?” She looked at Clark.

“Yes we have to tell them. I think they’ll start to notice in a few months anyway.”

“Yeah you’re right. It’s just that, mother will take over like she did at the wedding.”

“Just don’t let her bully you?”

Lois just nodded. “You can go with me?”

“What? No, no, no not after the wedding coordinator.”

“Hey, I’m not doing this on my own so you’re going. We’ll go on Saturday.”

“Can’t we go tomorrow, after dinner, then your dad can’t corner me with one of his mad idea's. We won’t have to stay for dinner?”

“Fine.”

The next night Lois and Clark were about to leave for Lois’ parents house. Lois was trying on different outfits and Clark was lying on the bed watching the news.

“How’s this one?” Lois asked turning to look at Clark, wearing a beige pantsuit

“Yeah you look good; can we go now?”

“I don’t know; let me try on one more.”

“Oh no. Come on let’s go. You look fine.”

“You’re right, she’ll only tell me something’s wrong. OK, let’s go.”

They left the house and got into the Jeep. Clark drove.

They arrived at Lois’ parents house half an hour later. They both got out the car and walked up to the front door. Lois rang the doorbell and they waited.

“Hello Princess,” Sam said opening the door and kissed Lois. “Clark.” The two men shook hands.

“Hi daddy. How’s mother.”

“Frantic wondering what this news is.” Lois sighed as the entered the house. Clark helped her off with her coat and took off his own and handed them to Sam who hung them on the coat rack. They then went into the living room. Lois and Clark sat down on the large white sofa that was covered in a protective plastic covering.

“Right, what is this news you have to tell us? You’re not dying are you? You said I’d be the first to know, but well, I don’t know if I really want to hear it,” Ellen rambled as she entered the room. Clark loved it when Lois went on a babble fest but hated it when Ellen did. He wondered if their child’s future spouse would feel the same. At that thought he got a stupid grin on his face. “What’s so amusing Clark?”

“Huh?” Clark said and looked at Ellen. “Hum. Oh nothing. Sorry.”

“I worry about him Lois. I’m not sure he’s all there.” Ellen spoke as if Clark wasn’t there or too stupid to understand what she was saying. She did lower voice, but Clark could still hear her without superhearing. “Now what is this important news?”

“They’ve just walked in the door; let them get a drink first,” Sam said then turned to Lois and Clark. “What can I get you to drink?”

“Just an orange juice for me please.” Lois said. Clark was about to say his drink but was cut off by Ellen.

“Never mind drinks, I want to know what is going on. Lois calls and says that they have something to tell us, and makes me worry. I had to double my medication, and medication’s not cheap.”

“Will you give it a rest woman? If you were to keep quiet longer than two minutes, Lois and Clark may get a chance to tell us what they came to tell us. Now sit down, shut up and have a drink.” Ellen was taken back by Sam’s forceful manner, but she sat down immediately. “Good. Clark what can I get you to drink?”

“Just a soda thanks,” Clark said. He too was a little surprised at Sam’s take charge manner but was a little grateful.

“You sure you both don’t want something stronger?”

Lois wished she could say ‘yes’. She needed something to calm her nervous. Then as if he had read her mind, Clark took her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. When she looked at him, she felt calmer.

“No thanks Sam,” Clark answered.

“OK. Ellen what would you like?”

“I’ll just have an orange juice too,” she said in a quieter voice.

“OK won’t be long.” Sam left for the kitchen. There was an awkward silence, and Clark felt the need to break it.

“This is a nice piece,” he said picking up a wooden carved figure from the coffee table.

“I’ve never liked that,” Lois said “Used give me the wiggins when I was a kid.”

“African isn’t it?”

“Yes,” Ellen answered. “My sister gave it to us as a wedding gift.”

“Appropriate.”

“Why’s that?” Ellen asked.

“Well, he’s an African fertility god.” Clark heard Lois moan.

“Here we are.” Sam said re-entering the room with a tray of drinks, and he handed them out keeping a glass of beer for himself then sat in the opposite armchair from Ellen. “Well then, how’s work?”

“Oh come on! We’ve done the niceties; tell us what is this news,” Ellen said. She had been quiet long enough. “You look terrible Lois?”

“Thank you mother, that makes me feel much better. Well the thing is…” Lois took a deep breath and looked at Clark who nodded. “I’m pregnant.” She said with a smile and waited for the reaction form her parents.

“Congratulations,” Sam said getting up and hugging Lois and shaking Clark’s hand. Ellen however sat in the armchair looking stunned.

“Well mother aren’t you going to say anything?”

“Ellen?” Sam looked at her.

“Well this is just…” She laughed. Lois, Sam and Clark smiled. “…typical of you Lois just jumping in before checking the water level. What about your career? You haven’t thought this through. A baby is a huge responsibility and don’t think you know how hard this is going to be.”

“I have thought about this and it’s what Clark and I want. We are really happy about this baby. Why can’t you be happy for us? Lois barked. “Come on Clark, lets go. Bye Daddy.” She kissed Sam’s cheek and headed for the door.

“Um, bye then,” Clark said awkwardly then followed Lois out.

Sam turned and looked at Ellen.

“It’s only six thirty.”

“I wasn’t Planning on sleeping.” He grinned at her and she smiled back and they raced up stairs.

Lois and Clark enter the house Lois slammed the door behind her. Clark took off his jacket and helped her off with hers then hung them up. Lois was pacing the floor.

“I just can’t believe her.” She said. “You’d think she would be happy for us, but no, no that’s too much to ask from her.”

“Shhh sweetheart it’ll be alright she’ll come around.” Clark Said and hugged her.

“I don’t know if she will.” She pulled back to look at him.

“She will she’ll want to be a part of this baby’s life.” He place a his hand on her stomach she covered it with both of her small ones.

“I hope you’re right.”

“I am, come on let’s go to bed.”

“It’s only six thirty.”

“I wasn’t Planning on sleeping.” He grinned at her and she smiled back and they raced up stairs.

On Monday Lois was sat at he desk trying to write her story but couldn’t concentrate, her mind kept wandering back to the fight she’d had with her mother and nothing Clark said made her feel any better.

She looked up from the screen and saw Jimmy hovering in front of her looking like he wanted to ask her something.

“What is it Jimmy?” She said as she tidied the papers on her desk.

“Nothing.” He lied.

“It’s something spit it out. Girl trouble?”

“No. Well yeah. No.”

“Jimmy!” Lois sighed losing patients with him.

“Your friend Chloe?”

“What about her?”

“Is she seeing anyone?”

“No. Why?”

“Do you think she would well err see I erm well do you?”

“I have no idea what you’re going on about.”

“Do think she would be interested in well me? What kind of guys does she go for?”

“I don’t know Jimmy, I haven’t known her that long. Clark knows her better asking him or better yet just ask her out. What’s the worst that could happen?”

“She could laugh in my face, rip out my heart and smear it all over my life.”

“Urgh. Oh God!”

“Are you O.K.?”

“Get out the way, Jimmy move, move, unless you want me to throw up on you.” Lois pushes him out the way and runs to the restroom.

“Timmy!” Jimmy heard a female voice shriek he turned around wondering who Timmy was and saw Ellen. “Have you seen my daughter?”

“Hi Mrs. Lane err Lois yeah she err wasn’t feeling great she had to run to the ladies.”

“Oh! That’ll be the morning sickness I had it terrible with her and Lucy.”

“Morning sickness? Lois is pregnant?”

“She didn’t tell you?”

“Err no, no. Oh here she comes.” Lois came back

“Mother wh…” she looked at Jimmy and frowned at his smile. “Why do you have that goofy look on your face?”

“When were you going to tell us?”

“Tell you what?”

“About the baby?”

“Who… Mother!”

“I thought you would have told him.” Ellen defended her action.

“Look Jimmy don’t say anything to anyone I don’t want Perry to find out yet you know what he’s like he’ll put on desk duty and assign me to puff pieces.”

“You should take it easy.”

“Mother keep out of this. Jimmy swear to me…”

“My lips are sealed. I’m so happy for you guys. This is so cool.”

“Yeah very cool don’t you have something to do?”

“Yeah bye Mrs. Lane.”

“Bye Timmy.”

“Its Jimmy mother, why are you here?”

“I wanted to buy my favourite daughter lunch.”

“I’m really busy I have to get this story finished.”

“You have to eat you don’t take care of yourself and now you have the baby to think of.”

“Why do you care? The other night you told me I was making a big mistake and ruining my life.”

“Well your father made me see that I over reacted I really want to apologise for what I said the other night.” Lois looked at her and sighed. “Please.”

“Ok I could do with a break.” Lois stood up and took her purse. “There’s a great little place that serves good chicken salad.”

They walk to the restaurant around the corner from the Planet they sit down at the table and give the waitress their order.

“How have you been? Any morning sickness? I had it terrible with you and Lucy.”

“It’s not so bad. Excuse me I just have to go to the ladies.” She said getting up she left her cell phone on the table Ellen picked it up and dialled a number.

Lois came back form the bathroom and sits back down she picks up her cell phone. “I’m just going to call Clark tell him where I am.” She dialled Clark’s cell.

“Clark Kent.” He said.

“Hey sweetie where are you?”

“Back at the Planet. Where are you?”

“I’m having lunch with Mother?”

“Oh so I suppose I shouldn’t mention this morning.”

“No.”

“It was pretty amazing when you…”

“I’m hanging up now.”

“Wait, wait!”

“What?”

“Do you think you could make that sound again tonight? It really got me …”

“Goodbye.” She cut’s him off but is smiling but then sees the look on Ellen’s face. “Err so how have you been?”

“Worried about you. Are you sure you’ve thought this through?”

“Yes.”

“A baby is big responsibility it can put a lot of strain on a marriage.”

“Mother I know that this is big but both Clark and I are ready for this we want this baby why can’t you be happy for us?”

“Oh sweet I am I just wanted to make sure that you’ve thought this through.”

“Well we have.” The waitress came with their order. ”Thank You.”

“Thank you. So have you got everything ready?”

“We only found out on Monday.”

“How far along are you?”

“12 weeks.”

“12 weeks that only gives us 28 week we have a lot to do there’s the nursery to decorate…”

“Nursery we don’t have a nursery.”

“Well you need to decide which room to use you weren’t planning on putting it in with you and Clark.”

“Well…”

“No, no you want to put it in it’s own room right away. Both you and Lucy were in your own from the day you came home from the hospital.”

“Well…”

“There is so much to get you’ll need bottles, nipples, diapers, clothes, crib, bedding, carriage, safety seat for the jeep.” Lois stared blankly at her. “I see you’ve put a lot of thought into this.”

“Well I… you know.”

“Well it’s a good job I’m here we’ll go shopping on Saturday and get everything we need.”

“Mother I really…”

“It’s OK I’m happy to do it this, it’s is my first grandchild after all.”

“I have to go again.” Lois got up and went to the bathroom when she got back she found her mother talking to Beverly Lipman. “Mother what’s going on?”

“Lois you remember Beverly?”

“How could I forget?”

“Beverly also does baby showers and I’ve asked her to do yours.”

“A baby shower mother no we don’t want a big deal made of it.”

“Darling it is a big deal this is your first child and your mother tells me you are not prepared.” Beverly said.

“It’s your father and my gift to you.”

“When are you due?”

“January 15th”

“That only gives us six months we have so much to do. Now I suggest we start with the nursery we’ll take a look at it and decided the best way to decorate it.”

“We’ll come by after you finish work say around five.”

“Really I…”

“That’s settled then we’ll see you at five. “ Ellen said getting up and she and Beverly left together leaving Lois stunned.

Later that evening Lois, Ellen and Beverly were in the small room next to Lois and Clark’s that was full of boxes.

“This room will be the best one for the Baby.” Beverly said as she and Ellen looked around. Lois was leaning against the door jamb wondering how she was bullied into this again. “It’s warm and gets the sun during the day plus it’s close to mommy and daddy.” She smiled at Lois who forced a smile back.

“How should we decorate it?” Ellen asked.

“I was thinking of a simple print wall paper with white furniture.”

“Lois!” Clark came home and called up the stairs.

“In the junk room Clark!” She called back Clark ran up the stairs.”

“What are you doing up here?” He reached the door and looked from Lois to Ellen to Beverly and back at Lois then walked out.

“He’s still going to be difficult isn’t he?”

“He always is.”

“I’ll be right back.” Lois said and went into their room where Clark was taking off his tie. “Hi how was your day?"

“What are they doing here?”

“Well mother’s throwing me a baby shower and err deciding on how to decorate the nursery.”

“Nursery what nursery it’s been the junk room for the past eight months.” Clark took off his tie.

“Well seemly it’s the perfect room for the baby warm, sunny, near us.”

“Wait.” He sat on the bed and took of his pants. “When did we decide to put it in it’s own room? I thought we’d keep it in with us it’ll be easier while you’re breast feeding.”

“What?”

“It’s easer to have the baby in here than having to get up and…” He looks at her. “You are going to breast feed?”

“I hadn’t thought about it. Oh god mother’s right I’m not ready for this I’m going to be a terrible mother.” She slumped down on the bed. “This baby hasn’t a hope in hell with me.”

“Hey, hey.” He laid next to her and rubbed her flat stomach. “You are going to be a great mom.”

“Please I know nothing, nothing!”

“You’ll pick it up at the birthing classes and I’ll be there to help every step of the way.”

“Really?” She rolled closer to him and began kissing his ear. “So you’ll come shopping with me on Saturday with mother and Beverly.”

“Oh no.” He stood up. “No, no, no, not after the wedding I’m not getting involved.”

“So what was all that crap about being there every step of the way you didn’t mean it. This is our first maybe our only child and you don’t want to help with getting ready for it coming.”

“If we were going alone, yes I could maybe cope with your mother but this Beverly woman no way in hell you go on your own.”

“Well thank you very much I’m glad I have your support in this.” She stormed out.

“Wait a minute where are you going?” He followed her to the top of the stairs she grabbed her keys and opened the front door.

“OUT!” She shouted.

“You can’t leave them here.” He called but she slammed door behind her. Clark turned and found Beverly and Ellen looking at him. “Ah ha Ellen hi.” They looked at him standing only in his boxer shorts and socks.

“Where did Lois go?”

“Err out I’ll just go after her.” He runs down the stairs and out the front door Ellen and Beverly look at each other then Clark comes back in and runs up the stairs. “I’m just going to put some clothes on.” He goes into the bedroom.

“He’s very strange.” Beverly said

“I keep telling her that.”

Clark (Now wearing dark blue jeans and a black Calvin Klein t-shirt) Knock’s on Chloe’s door.

“Clark? What are you doing here?”

“Have you seen Lois?”

“Yeah she’s about five foot seven, dark hair, brown eyes you’re married to her.”

“Very funny. We had a fight and she stormed out is she here?”

“No. What was the fight about?”

“She wanted me to go baby shopping with her mother and crazy party planner I said no way in hell was I going and she got mad and stormed.”

“Are you stupid?”

“Excuse me?”

“You don’t know why she’s mad at you. This is your first child and she wants you to be involved with everything including getting everything ready for it.”

“I am the biggest idiot in the universe, I have to find her.”

“Go!” Clark left.

Lois was at her friend Molly Flynn’s apartment they were sat in her kitchen at the table.

“I can’t believe what a jerk he was being.” Lois said.

“That’s men for you. You want some coffee?” Molly asked.

“Oh no it makes me nausea.”

“I still can’t get over that your pregnant.”

“It’s not that unbelievable.”

“Oh please in college you were never getting married and having kids. Now you have a hunky husband and a baby on the way.” She smiled at Lois. “You two will have cute kids.”

“We will won’t we.” She smiled. “I hope he has Clark’s smile he has a… no I’m still mad with him.” There’s knock at the door Molly goes to open it.

“Clark?!”

“Hi is Lois here?”

“Err yeah come in.” Clark went inside and looked at Lois

“I’ve been looking for you everywhere. I went to every fudge palace, Julie’s, Star’s, the Planet.”

“And this was your last choice?” Molly said Lois and Clark looked at her. “OK not about that. I’ll just let you…” She goes into the shop. Clark looks at Lois.

“I’m sorry I was such an idiot.”

“Big idiot.” She said.

“A big idiot.” He agreed.

“A really big idiot.”

“A really big idiot.”

“A really, really big idiot.”

“I’m agreeing with you.”

“I’m still really mad with you.”

“That’s OK I’m mad with me too.”

“So you coming with me on Saturday?”

“Yes.”

“Really?”

“Yeah how bad can it be I get to spend the whole day with you.” He kisses her Molly comes back in.

“Hey, hey get a room you two.” She said and they broke their kiss

“Sorry.” Lois smiled embarrassed “Shall we go?” Clark nodded. “I’ll call you.”

“O.K. bye. Bye Clark you take care of her?”

“If she’ll let me.”

“Come on.” Lois pulled him out and they drove home.

When they got home Ellen and Beverly were waiting for them.

“Where have you been?” Ellen asked.

“I went out.”

“Well we decided that the little room would be perfect for the baby’s room. So Clark we need you to clear it out for the decorator.”

“What decorator?” Lois asked.

“The decorator who’ll decorate the baby’s room.”

“No mother we don’t need a decorator Clark can do it?”

“Well with the money that we’ll save we can decorate the living room you want it to be to your taste not the previous owners.”

“This is our taste we did this when we moved in.”

“Oh! Oh well maybe it’s time for a change.”

“We’ve only been in eight months it doesn’t need decorating.”

“O.K. well it’s your choice you have to live with it.”

“Mother we have to err… Clark help me.”

“Have to … meet a source, for a story, that we’re writing, for the Planet, where we work, together.” Clark rambled.

“You done?”

“Yeah.”

“We should go anyway. Ten o’clock Saturday.” Ellen said and Lois nodded. “I’ll call you” She hugged Lois. “Bye Clark.”

“Bye Ellen, Beverly.”

“Bye.” Beverly and Ellen leave Lois closes the door and leaned against it.

“I don’t think I have the energy for this.”

“Come here, sit down.” They went to the couch and sat down Clark rubbed her shoulders.

“Oh god that feels so good.” Clark smiled then kissed the back of her neck. “Oh that feels better.” Lois turned straddled his lap and kissed his throat her hands pulled out his t-shirt from the waist band of his jeans then slid under it to caress his solid chest running her thumbs over his nipples and smiled when he sucked in a breath. “Make love to me.”

“Hum I thought you were tired and didn’t have the energy?”

“For this I do.” She pulled the t-shirt off and throws it on the floor then kisses him he unbuttons her blouse and cups her breasts it’s her turn to suck in a breath. “Sss ah.”

“What?” He looked at her concerned. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. It’s just they’re a little tender just now.”

“Oh god I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay just be gently.”

“Okay.” He said with a smile and kissed her throat while she unbuttoned the fly of his jeans.

“Lois I forgot…” Ellen burst in and stared at them. “Oh my. Oh dear I… I… Just forgot… oh.” She left in a fluster.

“Oh god, oh god.” Lois said standing up and buttoning up her blouse Clark stood up and zipped up his fly.

“Sweetheart calm down.”

“I can’t believe my mother caught us making out.”

“Well it could’ve been worse.”

“How? How could it have been worse?”

“She could’ve walked in a few minutes later.”

“You’re not helping. God she nearly caught us having sex this is terrible.”

“It’s not that bad it’s not like she did.”

“She’ll tell daddy and now he’ll know I’m not a virgin.”

“Well you not.”

“They don’t know that.”

“We’ve been married for nine months.”

“Yeah but…”

“And you’re pregnant I’m guessing they know we’ve had sex.” She looked at him. “Look it’s not that bad she’ll go home double her medication and won’t remember it happened.”

“That’s not funny.”

“Come on let’s continue what we started upstairs.” He tried to kiss her neck.

“You’re joking right?” She pushed him away.

“Guess so. What do you want for dinner?”

“I don’t know. Ooh could we get some sushi.”

“Sure but I didn’t think you liked sushi?”

“I don’t but I just feel like some.”

“I think that’s cravings.” He smiled. “You going to be send me out for some at four in the morning.”

“Where are you going to get sushi at four in the morning?”

“Lois I can get you anything at anytime.” He kissed her forehead. “So sushi?”

Saturday

Lois was up and dressed Clark was still asleep in bed.

“Hey sleepy head you getting up my mother will be here soon.” She said to the mop of jet black hair on the pillow he groaned. “Clark you promised me.” She swatted him then squealed when he pulled her into the bed. “Ah Clark sto

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013