Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#251588 04/05/14 01:36 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my gosh, I can't believe I wrote nearly 4,000 words about Lois's Monday morning in the office. dizzy Please tell me if it's too dry!

I spent a lot of time this week with world-building and outlining, which might explain how this section happened the way it did. I realized I have a lot of different puzzle pieces to start scattering around. Good news is that I feel very good with where things are going. I have Lois's whole week very neatly outlined, and it's going to be a pretty exciting one for her.

And a big THANK YOU to everyone who's been leaving comments so far! hail

#251589 04/05/14 06:17 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Dry? Nope. Didn't hit anywhere near it. Lois is on the hunt, putting together the pieces, and you're laying it out nicely so that us Readers don't get lost. laugh

I know you keep saying that this is SR universe, but you keep popping in with those LnC canon characters (I know Emil Hamilton is from Superman comics canon and was used on LnC, but I thought Dr. B. Klein was LnC all the way.) It's fun to have all the old gang come by and give us Readers a friendly wave .
Dr. Rebecca Platt in EPRAD was unavailable
Was this Sam Platt's wife? Or did you just make him a woman for your story?

Looking at the clock again, Lois groaned. She just had to get out of the bullpen, her desk was starting to feel claustrophobic. Maybe she could convince Richard -

“Lois, big demolition accident down on Stratus Avenue!” Jimmy Olsen was running past, swinging a camera bag onto his shoulder. “Superman’s been sighted there!”

Lois leapt up and chased after Jimmy, and thanked the universe for exactly what she needed right then.
Only Lois would be thankful for a demolition accident. clap Of course, it probably has something to do with Church's Construction, if she's lucky.

I don't know if this is deliberate, but Lois sounds like she's taking her fiance Richard for granted. I know he's not the man of her dreams, but even if she settled for him, she should treat him better.

It would be interesting to know how Lois and Richard started dating.

She’d pored over everything she had for months on end, desperate to find any clue as to wear Superman might have gone.
I believe you meant "where", here, not "wear".

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#251590 04/06/14 05:11 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I know you keep saying that this is SR universe, but you keep popping in with those LnC canon characters (I know Emil Hamilton is from Superman comics canon and was used on LnC, but I thought Dr. B. Klein was LnC all the way.) It's fun to have all the old gang come by and give us Readers a friendly wave .
Well, when it comes to secondary characters I'm much more familiar with our L&C friends, and there's also a LOT of them available! And since I'm trying to load up with a whole bunch of science type characters… there's definitely an interesting mix.

Was this Sam Platt's wife? Or did you just make him a woman for your story?
Sam Platt's wife. It was never very specific about what she does, and I figured if she was going up with the colonists, too, then she might as well be a scientist. And it helped balance out my male:female ratio.

I don't know if this is deliberate, but Lois sounds like she's taking her fiance Richard for granted. I know he's not the man of her dreams, but even if she settled for him, she should treat him better.
Oh dear. huh

She’d pored over everything she had for months on end, desperate to find any clue as to [b]wear Superman might have gone. [/b]I believe you meant "where", here, not "wear".
Thanks for the catch, I'll get that fixed up! (Though I can't imagine Lois would object to "wearing" Superman! laugh )

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard