Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#251568 03/30/14 06:00 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Whew! I packed a lot into this one scene, and hope it all worked out.

In the meantime, if you're curious, I've been collecting reference pictures in a Pinterest board . I'll warn that some of the pictures may be sort of spoiler-ish, but they're just for some ideas I'm playing with and I don't know how everything fits together just yet. But if you'd like to peek, it shows who I've mentally "cast" as the characters and it's a fun mix, if I do say so myself.

#251569 03/30/14 11:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I always knew the trip to Krypton made no sense. Thanks to Lois (and Colleen) we now know why. razz

I'm worried about Superman. Who was the man at the press conference? Why had he lied? Why was he "sharing" information which he had never wanted to do before?

I think I already know why he didn't come when Lois called. He either couldn't (held captive) or didn't want to risk exposing her to the truth or to those who had been holding him captive (i.e. didn't want Trask to know how close he had come to Lois).

/I'm going to stay spoiler free and not peek at your photos, though. I trust your research and science. laugh /

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#251570 03/31/14 01:57 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I always knew the trip to Krypton made no sense. Thanks to Lois (and Colleen) we now know why. razz
The really ironic part is that they re-used the Brando footage in SR to keep him as Jor-El, and it's the Brando version of Jor-El that said he's been dead for thousands of years! :rolleyes:

I'm worried about Superman. Who was the man at the press conference? Why had he lied? Why was he "sharing" information which he had never wanted to do before?
The questions are certainly racking up! Don't worry, Lois is primed to start digging now. This will probably reveal that I'm not much of a comics fan, but my favorite Superman stories always have some real investigative work to them. (But is that because I was a L&C fan, or do I love L&C because of the investigating? Hmmm…)

I think I already know why he didn't come when Lois called. He either couldn't (held captive) or didn't want to risk exposing her to the truth or to those who had been holding him captive (i.e. didn't want Trask to know how close he had come to Lois).
Now we just have to see how far Lois will go to get his attention. Hopefully she discards throwing herself out a window… angel-devil

I'm going to stay spoiler free and not peek at your photos, though. I trust your research and science. :Big Grin:
Well, I'm making no claims to accurate science, but at least I try to make it SOUND good. blush

#251571 04/01/14 12:21 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I'm amused that Lois has all those interview tapes. Hey, if I had conversations with Superman on tape, I'd keep them, too. laugh

You're addressing something that has long bothered me about SR: the relative time involved in the trip itself.

The really ironic part is that they re-used the Brando footage in SR to keep him as Jor-El, and it's the Brando version of Jor-El that said he's been dead for thousands of years! [Roll Eyes]
Yeah, that's one of many problems with them trying to make SR a direct sequel to Superman II. I wish that they had been able to make Kevin Smith's script that he wrote in the 90's ... without, you know, Nic Cage as Superman ::shudder::. It was it's own story, not a follow-up to the old movies, and it didn't bother retelling Superman's origin because every single person already knows it.

Um, ok, that's a tangent.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the story! laugh

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#251572 04/02/14 11:20 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
I'm amused that Lois has all those interview tapes. Hey, if I had conversations with Superman on tape, I'd keep them, too. laugh
Heck, I'd probably have a mix tape to listen to on headphones every night to fall asleep! dance Always great to hear it's enjoyed! I've been working the last couple days on outlining how Lois's investigations will be working so I can keep track of all the different pieces of information. And thinking up some very funny scenes.

Okay, I gotta share just this one tidbit because I thought of it while driving home today and it just made me giddy - Lois going "undercover" in a bar and engaging in a drinking contest to get some guys to start talking, with only Jimmy as backup. laugh And it should be coming up fairly soon in the story.

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard