Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#251554 03/23/14 07:03 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
So we're starting to get some hints about Operation Argus! And introduce a couple of semi-familiar characters. wink Let me know what you think so far.

#251555 03/23/14 07:52 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very intriguing and also a little worrying.

I can see the Superman 2 setting, and the LnC villains. Interesting.

I think it very odd that Clark didn't - and still hasn't? - visited his mother on his return.

The Director grimaced. “Are you absolutely sure you can keep Atlas under control?”

“Sir, we have multiple precautions in place. And yesterday’s test was a complete success.
I think this conversation is very suspicious. I suspect that Atlas is Superman. 'Yesterday's test' could be the rescue of the plane. I don't think he's spent the last few years looking for Krypton at all. I think he was captured by the government to be turned into their puppet weapon. His sudden disappearance, and sudden reappearance indicates, to me, something out of Clark's control.

The government wouldn't realize that there was a 'Clark' to find a cover story for as well as the Krypton cover story for Superman. They wouldn't know that Clark would have family and friends that he would at least say goodbye to before disappearing to search for Krypton.

Hopefully Lois will somehow get some time with Superman and be able to figure this out and save Clark.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#251556 03/23/14 09:42 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very chilling developments, indeed. Especially in light of Trask being involved. I agree with KatherineKent's conjectures on what happened to Superman, especially in light of Clark's disappearance. I do wonder if that's Superman at all or if Atlas is a clone with Superman is being held hostage somewhere else. It would explain the new costume and the stiff un-Superman like demeanor that only Lois and a few close associates of Superman would recognize. I could see the military types having shown a clone a photo of Lois and telling him to do as much as possible to stay away from her because she knew the real Superman better than most and would be the one most likely to notice he wasn't the real deal. That would explain his terror in seeing her the day before on the plane.

The way you've presented it here clearly shows what a lousy excuse going to Krypton on the spur of the moment (for five years) was. It almost sounds like a made-up Clark excuse, it's so bad.

Narrowing her gaze, Lois again leaned forward and shouted, without acknowledgement, “If you just up and left, why should we count on you now?”
hyper Yea! Mad Dog's on the case. I love this reasoning for her anger much more than what was shown in SR. clap I hope she finds out the truth!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#251557 03/24/14 05:47 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
The way you've presented it here clearly shows what a lousy excuse going to Krypton on the spur of the moment (for five years) was. It almost sounds like a made-up Clark excuse, it's so bad.
lol Yes, it is extremely pathetic, isn't it? Only time I've seen it used well is Mr. Beeto's "Family Reunion" where it was a rescue mission for Kara Zor-El. Otherwise… :rolleyes:

I'm excited to see different theories put forth about what's going on, tells me I'm doing a good job of laying out clues without giving everything away yet. And I'm looking forward to having Lois start piecing things together. She's got a whole list of things that don't add up from the press conference, and she hasn't even started working with any sources yet!

#251558 03/24/14 07:00 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whoa... intriguing. There is a lot to play with here emotionally, especially if you remain in Lois' POV. Also, Superman in the movies tends to be more Kryptonian (read: hides his emotions) than human, while on TV we generally get more Clark Kent... I hope we see why he is so distant with Lois... I like KatherineKent's theory about him being abducted by the government... Very curious what direction you will take this.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#251559 03/24/14 09:47 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
It sounds to me like Superman is flat out lying. I'm betting he was captured by the government, and they've been brainwashing him or something like that all this time. It's a frightening prospect.

I love the direction you're taking this, and I love how Lois can read his body language and knows his habits and see that something's off.

It makes me wonder whether he doesn't remember being Clark (either because he's been brainwashed or because he's a clone), and that's why he hasn't visited his mother, or maybe he has some tracking device he can't get rid of, and he's not being Clark to protect his identity and his mother.

I'm eager to see how this plays out.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#251560 03/24/14 02:30 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Superman in the movies tends to be more Kryptonian (read: hides his emotions) than human, while on TV we generally get more Clark Kent
It's only the last couple of years that I really paid attention to the differences between the two. The movies heavily emphasize the Kryptonian side, especially if you take Superman I seriously about spending several years "in training" with Jor-El's AI. Always seems to be a shame when they don't play with the conflict that must be there between his upbringing by the Kents and his role as Superman.

So, theories so far are cloning, abduction, brainwashing, memory loss, lying… gee, wonder what could be going on? peep

Thanks for the comments! It feels really good to be writing again and see that it's enjoyable.

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard