Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
New Smallville fic!

Would like to thank my beta-reader, KatherineKent. She's been amazing throughout the process of writing this story! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You posted it! drool

The doctor made a ‘hmm’ sound, nodding. “Well, according to our blood tests… you are nine weeks pregnant.”

“Pregnant?” Lois whispered in shock, mentally searching for any dates with Clark that had gone further than a perfunctory kiss during the last three months. “How—how is that possible? I mean—I don’t remember, uh, sleeping with anyone…
This episode is such a good opportunity for what-if fics that it's surprising that there is not a ton of fics exploring the possibilities. I guess most of the Smallville's viewers were not used to reading and writing fanfic. grumble I wish they had talked about it in the series at some point, maybe before their "first" time, that technically would be Clark's first time with Lois but Lois's second time with him. wink Back to the topic... laugh At least Clark knows what happened. If nobody knew, the memories of their time together in the future would have been lost and the situation would be worse.

She tried to give him a smile. “Doc says as long as I eat every three hours, I’m golden. Happy?”

“Very,” he smiled back, giving her a warm look that she could somehow feel to her toes. “I almost lost you once. I don't want it to happen again,” Clark said affectionately. Then suddenly, he came closer to her, making her feel boxed in. “What are we doing?”
I love how assertive Clark is with Lois. After so many years of Clark shrinking every time Lana glared at him it was refreshing seeing this new manly side that he shows with Lois. thumbsup

“You can lean on me for strength. I feel stronger when you're around, anyway.”
I loved this quote in the series and I love every time I read it. [Linked Image]

She had to let Clark down easy, especially when he was giving her such a sweet look of encouragement. “I have done this dating thing wrong so many times,” she started.

“Then let's do it right. Let's take our time.”
Yeah! Glad shy!Clark is gone for good! laugh
Looking forward to more! hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
You posted it! drool
he he, didn't think of it that way. laugh

The doctor made a ‘hmm’ sound, nodding. “Well, according to our blood tests… you are nine weeks pregnant.”

“Pregnant?” Lois whispered in shock, mentally searching for any dates with Clark that had gone further than a perfunctory kiss during the last three months. “How—how is that possible? I mean—I don’t remember, uh, sleeping with anyone…

This episode is such a good opportunity for what-if fics that it's surprising that there is not a ton of fics exploring the possibilities. I guess most of the Smallville's viewers were not used to reading and writing fanfic. grumble I wish they had talked about it in the series at some point, maybe before their "first" time, that technically would be Clark's first time with Lois but Lois's second time with him. Back to the topic... At least Clark knows what happened. If nobody knew, the memories of their time together in the future would have been lost and the situation would be worse.
I agree... there was that car scene, at the start of 'Harvest,' where Lois catalogues some of her Kryptonian experiences... would have been the perfect ep to reference it... especially since their first time is at the end of the ep...

She tried to give him a smile. Doc says as long as I eat every three hours, I’m golden. Happy?”

“Very,” he smiled back, giving her a warm look that she could somehow feel to her toes. “I almost lost you once. I don't want it to happen again,” Clark said affectionately. Then suddenly, he came closer to her, making her feel boxed in. “What are we doing?”

I love how assertive Clark is with Lois. After so many years of Clark shrinking every time Lana glared at him it was refreshing seeing this new manly side that he shows with Lois. thumbsup
Me too. This is one of my fav scenes. Again, would like to see Clark on red-k with Lois at this stage of their relationship... hmm, maybe there could be a fic in there...

“You can lean on me for strength. I feel stronger when you're around, anyway.” I loved this quote in the series and I love every time I read it. [Linked Image]
Me too smile It is also a nice throwback to LnC in 'Ordinary People.' There are a few references that come from LnC, like Jimmy calling Clark 'CK.'

She had to let Clark down easy, especially when he was giving her such a sweet look of encouragement. “I have done this dating thing wrong so many times,” she started.

“Then let's do it right. Let's take our time.” Yeah! Glad shy Clark is gone for good! laugh
Looking forward to more! hyper

Andreia
Thanks for the feedback!! wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
So glad to see you posting this here. I've loved being your beta for this. It's so good to see maturely written Smallville fanfic, it's in short supply. There is a plethora of Smallville fanfiction available (if you look at FanFiction.net you'll see the huge quantity) but the percentage that is mature, grammatically correct, follows structured plotlines, has reasonable conversations 'in character' ... is minute. I guess overall, a small percentage of a gigantic number is still pretty large, but ... I feel shortchanged in regards to Smallville because the percentage of mature, well written fics for LnC is almost 100%. Why can't Smallville fic writers be as consistent? Is it a representation of the kind of viewers each show got? I know Smallville Vs LnC is quite a different demographic.

Anyway. I'm probably not going to comment very much because I already know where the story is going, but be assured I am most impressed with your writing, story weaving, emotional content etc etc.

Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
You posted it! dance I absolutely love Pandora and have been searching for fics based on this episode, but they are very hard to find. And the ones I found were not finished. mecry
I love Pandora. I do have a fic idea based on Pandora, but it's so far down my to do list it may never get done.

(Teaser: What if Zod didn't have the Legion ring on him when defeated? Lois is stuck in the future with no way back until they can find the ring. Clark has his powers back. Will she find out he's the Blur? Will they continue their relationship? And will they ever find the ring? - Current working title - Trapped in Hell, Living in Heaven)

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
So glad to see you posting this here. I've loved being your beta for this. It's so good to see maturely written Smallville fanfic, it's in short supply. There is a plethora of Smallville fanfiction available (if you look at FanFiction.net you'll see the huge quantity) but the percentage that is mature, grammatically correct, follows structured plotlines, has reasonable conversations 'in character' ... is minute. I guess overall, a small percentage of a gigantic number is still pretty large, but ... I feel shortchanged in regards to Smallville because the percentage of mature, well written fics for LnC is almost 100%. Why can't Smallville fic writers be as consistent? Is it a representation of the kind of viewers each show got? I know Smallville Vs LnC is quite a different demographic.
I have the same frustration with Smallville fic. A lot of what I've read -- or tried to read -- is very poorly written. Perhaps if we can get the fan base here interested in Smallville, we can get some better fic out there! wink

Anyway. I'm probably not going to comment very much because I already know where the story is going, but be assured I am most impressed with your writing, story weaving, emotional content etc etc.
No worries on the comments! Thanks for the praise! You are very sweet! blush I've enjoyed your fic on the ksite boards, too! smile

(Teaser: What if Zod didn't have the Legion ring on him when defeated? Lois is stuck in the future with no way back until they can find the ring. Clark has his powers back. Will she find out he's the Blur? Will they continue their relationship? And will they ever find the ring? - Current working title - Trapped in Hell, Living in Heaven)
Um, you need to get on this fic, like NOW! laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Um, you need to get on this fic, like NOW! laugh
I second that! hyper

I found one - just one - very good fic based on Pandora where Lois got pregnant, but sadly it was not finished and I believe it'll never be, because I emailed the author and had no answer. mecry

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard