Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You probably (hopefully smile1 ) have some comments and/or questions.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was thinking the undercover pirate might be Jonathan, but now that we know it's Kal, then maybe the man in the dungeon is Jonathan? Or Oliver Queen maybe? I could see Lex locking him in the jail, but then Lex would lock Lionel in jail as well. Actually, Lex would lock anyone in jail.

So, in this story Kal is older than Lois than the other way around? Lois as a male pirate, that should be interesting. Samson clap Sam's son. Great!

In SV, Lex was possessed by Zod's soul, so that may have happened here when the old guards were replaced by new soldiers. We'll have to wait and see. I have no idea who Gabe the secretary is, though. Jimmy on SV didn't have red hair (or at least, not the original Jimmy, I haven't met/seen JBO yet).

What happened to the maid Cloe? Are Jonathan or Martha going to show up? Will Zod or Kal have magical (super) powers? Clearly, Kal was raised in a higher class than the one he's currently portraying, so is he the old Governor's son, making the man in the dungeon Jonathan? Who is the Capt'n of the ship?

Kandor? Kandor? Oh, the lost shrunken city from Krypton stolen by Brainiac. Yikes! Brainiac is capt'n of the pirate ship?

How are you going to tie all these threads and storylines and characters up within 11 more parts?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Told you there would be loads of questions. I think you covered most of them *laughs*. I'll try to answer what I can.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I was thinking the undercover pirate might be Jonathan, but now that we know it's Kal, then maybe the man in the dungeon is Jonathan? Or Oliver Queen maybe? I could see Lex locking him in the jail, but then Lex would lock Lionel in jail as well. Actually, Lex would lock anyone in jail.
LOL. Yes, Lex would lock anyone in jail. The identity of the man in the dungeon is not specified in the story for a long time, but it is possible to figure out who it is by the next chapter.

So, in this story Kal is older than Lois than the other way around? Lois as a male pirate, that should be interesting. Samson clap Sam's son. Great!
I don't remember anyone else ever commenting on the Samson but before clap I'm glad someone noticed. I'm going with Kal being a couple of years older than Lois, but nothing is ever actually stated in the story.

In SV, Lex was possessed by Zod's soul, so that may have happened here when the old guards were replaced by new soldiers. We'll have to wait and see.
I'll tell you now. Nothing sinister about the guard change except that Lex wanted 'bribed' soldiers to move on. The time lapse from the initial incarceration meant that un-bribed guards just naturally wouldn't believe the prisoner's claims.

I have no idea who Gabe the secretary is, though.
Gabe is a character from SV, although only physically in about 3 episodes in season 1 and 2. Knowing who Gabe is and his job on SV is a small clue to the prisoner, but the bigger clues come in chapter 2.

Jimmy on SV didn't have red hair (or at least, not the original Jimmy, I haven't met/seen JBO yet).
Aaron Ashmore could kind of be said to have dark auburn hair and did have a couple of freckles. I went with the comic book description here and was trying to make him seem especially young, cute, naive and innocent.

What happened to the maid Cloe?
She still the maid. You'll see in the next chapter. Lois met her cousin Chloe when they arrived from England a few months ago. That's about all you know at the moment.

Are Jonathan or Martha going to show up?
See next chapter. They do exist, but don't have a great character presence in the plot.

Will Zod or Kal have magical (super) powers?
Nope. All down to earth. Think of Krypton as an island in the Caribbean rather than another planet.

Clearly, Kal was raised in a higher class than the one he's currently portraying, so is he the old Governor's son, making the man in the dungeon Jonathan?
So you noticed something about Kal ... there's a lot of mystery surrounding Kal and it won't all be told immediately.

Who is the Capt'n of the ship?
Not saying. Sorry.

Kandor? Kandor? Oh, the lost shrunken city from Krypton stolen by Brainiac. Yikes! Brainiac is capt'n of the pirate ship?

How are you going to tie all these threads and storylines and characters up within 11 more parts?
Yes in comic lore Kandor is the shrunken city. But as this story is Earth based I've just taken the city name and made it the name of a Pirate Ship. The same way that Argo is Kryptonian city and so there will be a pirate ship called The Argo (all similarity to Greek mythology is completely coincidental).

Believe me. All threads and story lines are definitely tied up by the end of the Epilogue. BUT the chapters do get longer and longer. At the moment its only 'story set up'.

Hope you continue to enjoy the story. I'm only upset at the moment that more people won't read it because it's SV. mecry In the end though, it's only the character names (and a small bit of 'characterization') that's from SV. The rest of it is an exciting adventure romance based on the Superman mythology and characters.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
Hope you continue to enjoy the story. I'm only upset at the moment that more people won't read it because it's SV. mecry In the end though, it's only the character names (and a small bit of 'characterization') that's from SV. The rest of it is an exciting adventure romance based on the Superman mythology and characters.
It's a holiday three day weekend here in the States, so I'm guessing the boards will be very slow this weekend. Also, school starts for most K-12 schools next week, here, so lots of us are busy prepping for that. Speaking of which, time to round up my son and start on sorting laundry. Joy.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
It's a holiday three day weekend here in the States, so I'm guessing the boards will be very slow this weekend. Also, school starts for most K-12 schools next week, here, so lots of us are busy prepping for that. Speaking of which, time to round up my son and start on sorting laundry. Joy.
It's the end of holidays here and back to school too. We've been away in Wales and only just got back this afternoon. Still need to sort out a fresh uniform and school shoes with only one day to go!

Chapter 2 should go up tonight or tomorrow. Haven't decided when yet.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, you've got me interested smile Obviously there's lots going on under the surface - submerged, you could say smile I'm most interested in what Kal's real job is, since he clearly hates what he's doing.

I've seen some Smallville; wouldn't be surprised if the guy in jail is Lionel, but then again, as an authority figure, in L&C canon I'd be assuming Perry.

Part 2, please! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, you've got me interested smile Obviously there's lots going on under the surface - submerged, you could say smile I'm most interested in what Kal's real job is, since he clearly hates what he's doing.

I've seen some Smallville; wouldn't be surprised if the guy in jail is Lionel, but then again, as an authority figure, in L&C canon I'd be assuming Perry.

Part 2, please! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by ChiefPam:

Part 2, please! smile

PJ
Yes, there is a lot that's 'under the surface'. There is more intrigue and questions to come.

Lionel and Perry are both good guesses. You'll get confirmation on where/who one (or both!) of them are in the next chapter if you read carefully enough. All the clues are there in chapter 2 ...

KatherineKent/Victoria

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard