Saturday

It was Saturday evening. Lois climbed out of the truck and slammed the door behind. She glanced down when she saw something shining in the grass

Another dollar twinkled at her.

Lois had purposefully left her money at the farm tonight. She didn’t need any food, she didn’t need any more failed attempts to win stuffed teddy bears, she didn’t need to prove her shooting skills and she most definitely didn’t need to ‘do her bit’ for charity.

So why had she found another dollar?

She picked it up and slid it into her pocket. I don’t need it, but it would be plain stupid of me to leave a dollar lying there for someone else to pick up and, undoubtedly, waste.

She straightened up and turned, only to find Clark stood immediately in front of her.

“I know you said you weren’t bringing any money as you’d wasted enough this week, but I think you should have fun.” Lois frowned up at him, not understanding. He smiled at her, genuinely, no hint of sarcasm or teasing. “Here take this. I really think you should go mad tonight. After all this will all be gone tomorrow.”

Lois took the twenty dollar note he held out, stunned. He turned and wandered away. “Hey!” she called after him. He turned. “Thanks,” she smiled then headed off.

As she wandered around she started to feel strange; antsy. Not understanding why she felt so ... itchy and tense ... she decided to use up some spare energy at as many stalls as she could. The hoop took a beating from the basketballs she launched at it repeatedly, her trigger finger grew a blister so she gave up on attempting to shoot the tiny targets and the coconuts continued to be ‘shy’ no matter how many balls she threw at them.

Nothing worked.

The closest she got to relief from the tension was a ride on the Sky Spinner. Letting the wind rush around her as she span in the air was freeing. She’d not been on it the night her and Clark had spent experiencing the rides together; he’d been too afraid.

As she clambered off the ride, head still spinning, she realised she was facing the Kissing Booth. She stood there, shocked, suddenly realising what the problem had been all along.

This is my last chance.

To prove it was just static.

It was just static.

But I just used up my last dollar.

Lois, at that moment, put her hands in her jeans pocket and her fingers rubbed against something. The dollar.

Gosh I found that the very second I arrived tonight. It’s like ...

She paused and looked up at the Kissing Booth, and the farm boy waiting patiently and leaning lazily against the counter.

“Destiny”, she whispered out.

She blinked her eyes and shook her head, making her ponytail swing. It cleared the mysterious reverie and she strode over to her waiting fate. Not letting any kind of romantic notions enter her head she actually pushed her way past a few waiting girls. Frustrated looks and ‘hey, wait your turn’ didn’t dissuade her.

When she made it to the front Clark was just straightening up after giving a chaste peck to a young girl.

“Ok.” She slammed down her dollar. “Don’t ever say I don’t do my part for charity.”

“Lois, you’re supposed to wait in line,” Clark tilted his head and raised his eyebrows in despair.

Lois narrowed her eyes in response. “Don’t make this harder than it needs to be, chuckles.” When he didn’t make any move towards her she tutted then reached out with her hands.

Grabbing his face, palms to his cheeks, she dragged his lips down to hers forcefully. Intending to sever the contact in less than a second Lois found it impossible when Clark’s hands appeared at her waist.

The tingle hit immediately.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“One,” Clark said suddenly. They’d been in the car for two minutes. Two minutes of silence which was driving Lois to distraction, but she dare not talk.

“One?” Lois frowned. “One what?”

“One. That’s my answer. The question you ask me every night …” he trailed off.

“Question?” She continued to be confused.

“Lois, what’s with you?”

“Nothing,” she replied defensively. “You’re the one who’s being obscure.”

“One girl swooned when I kissed her. That’s what you want to know.”

Lois choked out a laugh. “Want to know … I don’t think so! I’ve just been making conversation this last week.”

“Really, well you seemed awfully interested to me.”

Silence descended and Lois felt uncomfortable. Did he mean me? I know I swayed on my feet a little … but that was bound to be a balance problem caused by the Sky Spinner.

“I can describe what she looked like if you want, Lois,” Clark said. Listening to the teasing tone in his voice she finally realised that he did mean her and she was mortified.

“I’d rather not know, thanks. But I guess I’ll see her when you bring her home to meet mom and dad,” she replied as sweetly as possible. “When do you think that will be?” She turned to look at him with a bright, innocent smile on her face.

Clark looked confused and then turned away. When the silence began again and stretched past reasonable Lois decided to hold out an olive branch.

“You ok Smallville?” she asked genuinely.

“Mmm hmm. I’m gonna spend some time in the barn when we get back.” He never turned to look at her, just stared out of the window.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lois climbed the wooden stairs slowly. “When you said you had something to do I didn’t think you meant obsessing in your loft.”

“I’m not obsessing.” He frowned at her and stood up from the couch. He’d obviously stalked up here the moment they’d returned and then not moved from the ‘pity’ point. That was an hour ago.

“Really? It sure looks like it to me.” Lois reached the top step and gesticulated with her arm. He stared at her intently for an endless moment then turned away.

“I’m pondering,” he said; the light tone in his voice completely opposite to the vibes he was giving off.

Lois laughed incredulously. “Pondering?”

“Yeah.” He turned and walked past her to the wooden post which marked the edge of the platform and then rested on it. “There’s something I need to think about. Decide what I should do.”

“Ok. Sounds deep.” She gestured. “I’ll give you some time then.” She wandered over to the couch and placed herself down in the spot he’d just vacated. “So, have you decided yet?” she piped up immediately.

Clark rolled his eyes then went quiet. “Maybe,” he answered softly, and looked down at the wooden floor. He looked up from the floor, his intense gaze meeting hers. To break the intensity she stood and wandered over to him. She looked up at him and raised one eyebrow in mockery.

“Decisive. I like it,” she replied sarcastically. He took a step forward and they were almost toe to toe.

“I’ve got a theory.” He said. “And I’m wondering whether to test my hypothesis or just … forget the whole thing.” Lois raised her eyebrows in surprise and question. “Scientifically I need to recreate the situation I have a theory about, and then see if I get the same result.”

“OK, sounds … nerdy and scientific.”

“It’s the only way to prove … or disprove my theory.” Lois felt her heart race when Clark’s eyes flicked to her lips and then back up again. Her breath caught and she was unable to say anything; unable to move anywhere.

As she waited his mouth began to descend. Her eyes had fluttered closed before his lips even met hers. The moment they touched the tingle started again. She parted her lips and he stepped closer then wrapped his arms around her. She felt warm; comfortable.

“Hypothesis proved,” he whispered when he drew back.

“I … was your scientific experiment,” she gulped, a little disappointed.

“No, it wasn’t like that Lois,” he reassured her. “I needed to see if… if I’d get the same tingle all over my body if we kissed again.” He blinked at her, his eyes pleading with her to understand.

She looked at him with wide, shocked eyes.

“You felt it too?” he asked, her expression obviously giving away her thoughts. The slightest nod of her head give him his answer and he dived in for another kiss.

When they pulled apart Lois tried to distance herself. “Maybe it’s just a random fluke.”

“Then we need to continue to test this. Over and over.” He grinned at her and she almost melted into his arms.

“How can we be sure that it will continue in alternative situations?” She nibbled her lip. “I mean, maybe it’s just the circumstances …”

“Then we’ll set up a control environment. If we imprint the current situation on our mind then we will have a proper comparison when the situation changes.” He lifted a hand to her cheek and brushed it ever so slightly. When her heart melted at the gentle touch she nodded.

“Ok, then. Lets establish a rock solid control situation.” She nodded again and his lips descended once more.

God this is heaven. The tingles were multiplying. Everywhere he touched her she set on fire. As Clark wrapped his arms around her and gently urged her towards the couch she lifted her arms to snake around his neck. When they reached the couch and tumbled down it broke them apart.

“Lois, I think we’ve already altered the situation.” Clark gave her a half smile.

“Mmm, and the hypothesis is still holding true.” She looked up at him, finally seeing the truth. Clark was a farm-boy, he was a nerd, and soooo naïve. But, god, he was sexy, and gorgeous, and sweet. And … man … could he kiss.

“Oh yeah,” he drawled and then swooped down to claim her mouth. After a few minutes the weight of Clark’s body became a little too much and she shifted. He noticed and tried to accommodate her, never letting their lips part. As his arm moved to take his own weight his hand brushed over her chest.

She sighed in contentment and bliss. Clark stilled for a moment, as if waiting for some kind of sign. When she didn’t say anything he moved his hand again and cupped her breast. The tingles turned into full-blown pleasure and she moaned.

When Clark shifted his position and she felt him resting against her she was suddenly shocked back to reality. “Clark, Clark, don’t you think this is going a little fast.” She was breathless but she managed to pant it out.

“Yes,” he pulled back and nodded. He pushed himself up and sat next to her. She righted herself. “Maybe we should stick to the control environment for now.” Lois nodded. She turned to look at him and something unspoken passed between them and they were back in each other’s arms again.

It wasn’t long before Lois got carried away and started to climb onto Clark’s lap. The fire in her abdomen had grown to a raging blaze. Clark snaked his arms round her, one all the way up to her neck, and holding her carefully, he laid himself back and she rested on his chest. He rolled them over so that he returned to the position on top, but he misjudged and they fell to the floor.

Lois pushed herself up and off him. “Shouldn’t you be an expert at sleeping on the couch? How come you rolled us off?” She grinned.

“Hey, that’s a little unfair seeing as YOU stole my bed.” Clark was still able to jibe at her, even after their intense making out session. Lois smiled and her heart flipped. Clark was definitely the perfect guy for her.

“Well, I’m not sure I got the better deal there, it is rather large, and I am all alone up there.” She teased him, licked her lips and climbed back onto his lap.

“Lois, I thought we just agreed …” Clark spoke warily.

“I know,” Lois said. “But I get the feeling our experiment just turned volatile.” She smiled and he returned the smile. “You know. It’s a good job tonight was your last night in the Kissing Booth ‘cause I don’t think I would have appreciated you going back for another session.”

Clark raised his eyebrows. “Jealous eh?” he teased.

“Well, lets just say that these lips belong to me now.” And then they were kissing again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Comments

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."