Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
EditorJax has been "hinting" wink to me for awhile that this song would make a great Lois and Clark video, so in honor of her birthday (which was yesterday...everyone wish her a happy birthday!!) I finally made it for her. I hope she doesn't mind sharing her birthday present with all of you. laugh

The song is What About Love by Heart.

Download Version

YouTube

Happy Birthday, Jenn!!
party

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved it thumbsup

Oh, and Happy Birthday EditorJax! smile It was a great song for L&C.

Emma

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay! That was awesome! It might be my favorite of yours yet. thumbsup

Love how you trace their relationship through the first two seasons from Clark's POV ... up until the bridge, this vid could have easily been made at the end of S2 and it perfectly captured his yearning and sadness over being unable to get closer to her. And then the ending S3 kiss montage made for the perfect satisfying ending. Great editing and scripting. I loved it!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was so good! I love the kiss montage and how you progressed from season to season. clap clap

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Well, I think that if it's an incentive for you to make new vids, Jenn should have a birthday more often. smile

I really love your editing style, especially when you use the transparent overlays (I'm making up terms here!) and create your own flashback scenes.

Thanks for sharing Jenn's birthday present!

Amber

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. laugh

Amber, I don't need a whole lot of incentive to make MVs anyway. wink I've finally started getting the hang of this new software, so you should be seeing more fairly regularly (though I'm a little Doctor Who crazy right now, so my vidding time is being split with that fandom). Thanks for the comment on my editing. I've been trying some new things lately. I think some if it still needs some work and practice, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
~10th Doctor
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Love it!!! It is clever, and thoughtful and matches the words of the song to the scenes you choose.

I also like the way you overlay scenes. In particular the one that stands out to me is where you have both Clark and Superman in the same shot bowing their head in disappointment/frustration/sadness...

I love watching your stuff.. thanks for sharing and caring.. hope we see more soon. smile

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Aww, that was great, Lauren! I, too, loved the kissing montage at the end. wink

I have such a hard time putting visuals to the lyrics of the song, but you did a marvelous job matching them up! Thanks for sharing!

Bethy (who would also be interested in seeing Dr Who vids if you want to share in OT or something...)

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks Lisa and Bethy! laugh

Bethy, if you go to my youtube page , my Doctor Who vids are all on there. I've only done a few, and I'm not crazy about all of them, but you are welcome to watch them. I'm working on another right now that I am excited about. I'll try to remember to let you know when it is done if you want.

- Lauren

~10th Doctor

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard