Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#250222 08/11/09 07:23 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok, after nearly a year of computer issues and general lack of Lois and Clark inspiration, I am back in business. I have a few videos in the works, but they are giving me grief, so for now you get this one. It's a bit crazy sometimes, but this was a blast to make. I love doing the occasional video where I get to use a ton of clips that I wouldn't usually use. It's an ensemble video, so any cast member is fair game here. I was inspired by a video done in another fandom with the same song. I loved it and thought it would be fun for Lois and Clark. The song is Shine by Take That. I hope you enjoy it. smile

YouTube - Shine

Download

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
#250223 08/12/09 05:09 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was ace! thumbsup

Emma

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
#250224 08/16/09 02:54 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, Emma. laugh It was fun one to make too.

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
~10th Doctor
#250225 08/16/09 06:42 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved it!! You always find the best clips and effects! clap clap

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
#250226 08/16/09 07:01 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, I'm late, but here I am. First of all, nice video. I like your videos. laugh

More specifically, I really liked this one, Lauren! It's a fun song, and you made great use of random, often underrated clips. I really enjoyed Jonathan and Clark and the nude painting, Lois and her double sizing each other up, Mayson yelling stop the presses, Jimmy in Lois' dress and Diana Stride throwing the knife at Lois and her blocking it with the hospital tray.

Some of the lines that really jumped out at me were "let me show you" with them in the clouds, "don't know what you're waiting for" with Clark looking at the photo of him and Lois and working up his courage to tell her he's Superman and, hee, "your time is coming" with Lois in the black lingerie. That was inspired ... and an understatement for ol' Clark. clap

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#250227 08/18/09 09:09 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Kate and Jenn, thanks for the feedback. laugh Jenn, some of those scenes you pointed out were some of the ones that had me snickering when I made it too. I had entirely too much fun with this. Of course, now I keep thinking of other scenes I wish I had stuck in there as well, but hey, can't have 'em all I guess. smile

- Lauren

~10th Doctor
#250228 08/22/09 08:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Being from the UK, I know this song really well, but from now on I will completely associate it with your vid! I was at work the other day when the song came on and I found myself smiling, picturing all the fun clips you put in. I hope I didn't look too crazy! blush laugh

Emma

#250229 10/24/09 04:43 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, my dear pal Kltp is too modest to mention this, (but I have no problem pimping those who deserve to be pimped laugh ) so I thought I would post that this awesome video WON the YouTube contest into which she entered! (OK, technically, it was a tie, but first place is first place.)

As the judges said, this is an amazing video, so if you haven't watched it, you either suck, or you didn't see it posted the first time around, so NOW you should! It's great to see one of the best vidders in the fandom be recognized for her talent!

YAY Lauren! clap clap clap clap

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#250230 10/24/09 04:47 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
CONGRATS!!!! Definitely deserve it!!!

Well done!!!

woooh!!!!

*does the Numfar dance for joy*

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
#250231 10/25/09 02:40 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
HOORAY!!! thumbsup

Em smile

#250232 10/25/09 03:20 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
YAY! That's awesome!

#250233 10/26/09 03:21 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've always admired your work, Lauren, and this video did not disappoint. It was fun and the clips were perfect. Also, your ability to time the actions in the clips to the music or words is genius.

In addition to those mentioned earlier by Jenn, I also liked seeing Clark in the crater for "stuck in a hole", Lex's leap for "time for you to leave" and Lois getting a face full of knowledge in "see the light on your face". I was also laughing out loud at Lois' leap from the helicopter - "not good for your health" - and when you showed Jimmy in Lois' dress. mecry

#250234 10/26/09 05:30 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you all so much. I was a bit in shock over winning the contest I entered. It was a multi-fandom contest and mine was the only Lois and Clark vid that was entered. I was surprised to win over so many entries from other, more popular fandoms.

BJ, thanks for the comment on Wunderkind! That one hasn't gotten much attention, so I'm so happy to find that someone enjoyed it. laugh

- Lauren

~10th Doctor

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard