Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
...yes, I'm serious.

BanAnna challenged me to vid this, so I did. Of course I completely missed the deadline, but I managed to finish anyway. Go me! *lol*

I apologize in advance for the horrible sports metaphors. The dancing, however, is not my fault. I totally blame NKOTB for that idea - seriously.

Step by Step (warning: 29 megs... I like high res vids!)
YouTube

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
LOL!! All the dancing cracks me up.

While I don't imagine I'll ever like NKOTB, you certainly made me enjoy this song. Once again, your brilliance at choosing clips absolutely shines. I especially love the "Don't take another step!"

clap

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, when NKOTB was popular back when I was ... six, maybe seven, I thought they were so lame (I was more of a Paula Abdul girl) but my sister loved them and played their stupid tapes constantly. There was only one song I even mildly liked -- and it's this one, and I'm so glad you didn't vid "Hangin' Tough" or I may have thrown up my dinner.

This is hilarious, and you picked such great clips, from all of the steps they walk up and down, to the muted moments of what their relationship would become, to the clock for a matter of time. Only you could pull this off, Batty. wink

My favorite moment is "I could give you more" with him tearing his shirt open. Talk about the understatement of the year!

I have to say, without a doubt, you are the queen. hail

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol

New Kids? You're so my hero tonight. And unlike Jax, when I was sixish, I regularly used to steal my sister's New Kids tape. Great vid, and on a side note, I had no idea they danced so much in this superhero show. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I was a huge NKOTB fan (before they were NKOTB, and went by their full name NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK). I was in I think grade 4 when I discovered them, and haven't thought much about them since that incident where it was reported that Donnie tried to burn down their hotel room (by then I was in grade 6 I think). I have no idea if that was true, but it devastated me. He was my favorite new kid, and I looked up to him to be a good guy.

I love this video. You placed Perry's arm thrust perfectly. I also looked all the dancing, and how often when they were singing 'step by step', our characters were taking steps, often on stairs. I laughed when they sing about not that other guy, and you show Cat, hilarious!

Desiree

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hee!

Thanks for the comments, everyone! smile You totally made my day!

I especially love the "Don't take another step!"
I couldn't NOT use this. The way he kinda whistles his 'S' in 'step' is so completely adorable. It makes me melt. :dreamy sigh:

My favorite moment is "I could give you more" with him tearing his shirt open. Talk about the understatement of the year!
hee! I'm glad you like that one! Of all the steps, that one's my fav. (that one and the "the time has arrived" in which I show a clip from the *past* which is just so geeky it still makes me laugh)

and on a side note, I had no idea they danced so much in this superhero show.
*lol* I knoooooow! I'm sure glad they did, though. hehe! laugh

You placed Perry's arm thrust perfectly.
YAY! laugh Glad you picked up on that. It's one of those little moments where I was really proud of myself. smile

Thanks for the comments. *hugs all around*

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Before I start my feedback, let me just say that I absolutely think you should make a career out of Signal 15 Productions - I would so buy your DVD. Just saying ...

Now on to the FDK: this is just puuuuuuuurrfect. I used to be friends with some older girls and they were way into New Kids on the Block so this definitely brings back old memories.
I mean, I actually owned the album "Step by Step" - on tape! (The elderly amongst us might still remember ...)

I haven't heard this in such a long time and I was surprised to be honest - it's a lot less awful than I would have thought wink And I still love the use of strings in the song.

Having said that, I have to admit that it's really hard to FDK for this vid because I could pretty much comment on every scene.

As I already told you: Clark's "don't take another step" is just the perfect way to kick off the vid.

And all those weird dance moves with Dr Deter and the Daily Planet staff in front of the candy machine ... just so geeked out and totally hilarious smile

Love the elevator scene you used for the first "gonna get to you girl", when Lois is still mad at him, but Clark already has this knowing "I'm gonna get you in time" look.

I can't believe you actually matched Lois's *blinking* to the rhythm of the song (at 00:44) - pure genius. (Not to mention the fact that "hey girl, in your eyes, I see a picture of me all the time" is the perfect Lois line.)

I also love how you used the clock for "it's just a matter of time" and how you muted the colours for all the "I really want you in my world" scenes to give it a more intimate feel.

"I gotta have you all just for me" - OK, I for one am glad that the HIM kiss is used in so many vids, but here, it fits just perfectly smile

"No one else will ever do" - Cat! of course! (Love that you gave her this dramatic "throwing open the curtain" entrance, even if it's just clothes.)

Love how you used the PML scenes and how you actually got the line dancing to match with the music.

Using the "strength tester" scene to introduce the string of steps is yet another fabulous idea smile (Though the voice singing "We can have lots of fun" is soooo out of place - who was that, anyways, Danny?)

"I can give you more" - that ripping-his-shirt-apart scene always gets me ... woohoo - so much more, indeed.

Also, the use of Lenny Stokes's little solo is so much in sync - simply great.

"I want you, I need you, I want you in my world" - I totally adore the fact that you used the scene with the marriage certificate for this (and I love the way Lois smiles in this, too - just like a totally happy little girl.)

As for those two scenes after that: Does Clark look incredible in black or what - and I love how the baseball scenes shows off his derrière, one of his finest assets smile

Another fabulotastic vid.

All hail the queen!

I totally love you.

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Features Writer
Features Writer
I absolutely think you should make a career out of Signal 15 Productions
Ooh, ooh, me too! And I could be the media liasion!

Seriously, Lara. Listen to Eva. She's a smart lady. And seriously, no one does this as well as you. laugh

Columnist
Columnist
Yes! You could hire me as an assistant! wink

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
YES! I could be...you could hire me as....um...I could find....crap...who am I kidding I would just be your number one loyal customer...but happily so
laugh

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
Features Writer
Features Writer
So I'm driving to work this afternoon and what do I see ... a big sign advertising NKOTB coming here in September!

I say the CEO of Signal 15 Productions and her employees need to convene here in Rainville and have us a little fun! wink

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Eva, thank you SO much. Can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments!

And...you guys...hush! I am not a queen. Really, I'm not... I just have a lil bit of talent and I use it, that's all. I really, really don't want people bowing at my feet or anything... please? I honestly believe that anyone who tries hard enough could be just as successful, if not much, much more. (besides, you're making me blush and get all teary...and that's so not fair...*lol*)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard