Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Dedicated to the Pink goddess because she asked for it. After all, the goddess should get what she wants. wink

The song is Jessica Simpson's With You.

You will not find a red cape or blue tights anywhere in this video. I felt like the song was about real people being able to just be themselves with each other, and Superman just didn't seem to fit in with that.

Hope you enjoy it!

YouTube

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lauren! Chad! Pirate! You are entirely too fabulous!

I did a project on Jessica Simpson for a women in music class in college and fell in love with this song. And then one day I thought wow, this is such a total Lois and Clark song! I mean the only time either of them is truly themselves is with the other one.

And it's so sweet of you to make me a vid! I love how you used the hug from "Witness" and her saying something crazy on their first date (such a Lois moment!) and the way he holds her in the sniffle-inducing scene from "The Family Hour." You used a ton of great clips!

<ponders pirate lingo> Um, I swashbuckly love this!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You will not find a red cape or blue tights anywhere in this video.
There are aqua tights and a purple-ish cape, though. *giggles*

You picked some really cool clips for this - some I haven't seen in quite some time. smile Well done!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
There are aqua tights and a purple-ish cape, though
OH NO YOU DON'T. It was PINK. NOT purple. Don't even try to call Ultrawoman some prune-colored superho or something. razz

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oooh, I fell in love with this song when Jenn first showed me, and I, too, thought it would be a spiffy vid!

Very nicey! I like the part with the horizontal downward slidey thing (I'm... awesome at technical terms, aren't I?) for the 'walls fall down.'

And the multiple shots of all those guys was pretty spiffy. And neener, they were all federal disasters, and Clark wasn't!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Lauren,

Thanks for posting this vid, I really like it smile

I am not necessarily a fan of Jessica Simpson as a person (tuna fish or chicken of the sea - who's to know?), but I've always liked this song - and I agree: it's just perfect for LnC.

You chose some fabulous Lois clips, showing her vulnerability as well as her beauty (she just has that innocent, child-like smile sometimes, which I just loooove).

So, here are some scenes I especially liked:

- the UW scene, where she's almost crying for "wish I could save the world / like I was supergirl" - I always wanna cry right along, just like I want to with the (almost) crying scenes in her wedding dress in HoL.

- when they lie together by the fire, that scene has such an intimate feel to it

- Lois jumping on the bed for "with you / I can let my hair down".

- "you catch me right before I hit the ground", Lois lying on the ground, Clark holding her; that's a powerful scene

- "it's like a private joke / just for us to know" - I love her drawing that S on his chest and she looks simply fabulous in scrubs

- "with nothing but a t-shirt on / I never felt so beautiful": all the scenes are good choices, but I especially like the one from HiM, I think, where they tell each other that they "look decent" first thing in the morning (talk about the understatement of the century!)

- the four "with you - with you - with you - with you" scenes before the HiM kiss I especially like

- "like nobody else": love how you contrast all those jerks with super Clark smile

- "I can say anything crazy": Lois with the kitchen spatula smile

Thanks for sharing!

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There are aqua tights and a purple-ish cape, though.
...and notice how my brain is really shot... cause the tights are pink and the cape is aqua. God, I suck at this. LOL

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
AWWW!! That song is so perfect for a L&C video. You are so great at picking scenes, they always go so well with the words.

I love how you picked the scenes from the Prankster and Lucky Leon.

Kate

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey, thanks for all the feedback! I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Now...
AVAST, Jenn! Belay that wretched pirate speak! Yer just a landlubbin' wench, and ye needn't pretend any different!

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
~10th Doctor
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lauren,

I just wanted to say great job. I actually made a video to this exact song about 4 years ago. (I was a regular then and kinda fell off the universe for the past 4 years but now I am back.) I absolutely loved it and I can't wait till I start making more.

Good Job! laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Jessica, thanks for the comments. smile Is your version online anywhere? I'd love to see it.

- Lauren

~10th Doctor
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It use to be, but I doubt it is anymore since I posted it on this message board in July of 2004. I still have it on my computer so I can repost it I just forget how to, If someone could please refresh my memory on how I do that I can repost it for you so you can see it.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I just had a quick look in the Productions TOC and found this link for you Jessica: http://www.folcvideo.com/music/JS-WithYou-sm.wmv .

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard