Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#249699 05/30/08 08:07 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I thought this song would fit Lex pretty well. Its a fast song, and I wanted to keep up the pace with the clips, but oh, so many clips!!!

Small wmv 17mb
Large wmv 31mb
You Tube

#249700 05/30/08 08:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great video! I haven't listened to Trapt in while. I agree, song fit Lex very well, and you made some great clip choices. John Shea really nailed that character...makes me miss the evil of Lex hehe.

Nice job!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#249701 05/30/08 09:02 AM
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi,

What a great vid. Congratulation smile

Seriously, this is a fabulous, strong and dark song with lots of fitting, evil footage smile

I don't have the time right now to watch this the multiple times it deserves to point out all the great scenes, so just let me say that you did a wonderful job.

John Shea was such a great Lex. I don't think the show ever truly recovered from losing his dark suaveness and sophistication ...

I really liked the intro as well the ending - the LnC world truly wasn't where Lex belonged (and it's a little sad really).

The Lex clips you chose show the range from menacing villain to charming and persuasive (supposed) philanthropist, and you used great clips throughout for "I see your fantasy / you wanna make it a reality".

With this Lex-heavy a vid, you really showcase John Shea's acting abilities clap

Especially loved the cigar scene early in the vid, his hand pushing through the cryogenics tank, his face when he watches Lois singing "I've got a crush on you", the scene when he stands in the park throwing his arms in the air, the one with Supes in the Kryptonite cage, the one where he kisses Wanda (I can't believe I just wrote that - I mean, of course I want Lois to be with Clark, but I always believed that Lex really, truly loved her in his own, deranged way.)

Well, there are a lot more scenes, actually (the Nigel scene, the one where Super-Clone awakens, his dive from the balcony in HoL and I actually think Lex looked rather fetching in his fencing gear - I really have to stop now, honestly ...)

Okay, so maybe I did have the time to give you rather elaborate feedback, after all. I really have to get back to work now (right after I bought that song on iTunes, that is.)

Thanks so much for posting and yay for you!

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
#249702 05/30/08 09:17 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was great! thumbsup

I wish more people would make bad guy vids, instead of all the waffy ones. If I knew how, I'd do one myself. It's just a shame poor Lex had to go and die in the end. evil

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#249703 05/30/08 09:33 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting choice of song for a vid and I think it fitted with Lex pretty nicely.

I wish more people would make bad guy vids, instead of all the waffy ones.
I've done one. Or two, depending in what category you stick Dan. wink I've got one that's half done as well, but... I'm not sure when I'll be able to work on that one again. frown

ETA: actually, I've done both Lex and I've also done Jaxon, so that's two... laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#249704 05/30/08 01:31 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by LaraMoon:

I wish more people would make bad guy vids, instead of all the waffy ones.
I've done one.
Me too, me too smile1

And, yep, Lara, Dan definitely qualifies as a bad guy wink

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#249705 05/31/08 01:07 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thank you so much for the feedback! I love making these, and its great that someone actually watches them!

Tammy

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard