Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
*Gulp* *Shuffles in to peek around the corner*

This one's for you, Jana, and I hope I can live up to at least some of your expectations. This was a lot of fun to do, at least. Definitely not as upbeat as most of them out there, but right down my alley. Hope everyone enjoys, especially Jana!

I can't even begin to thank Lara enough for the immense amount of help she gave me, not to mention staying up to an ungodly hour to help out. Thanks to Cat and Amanda for their help and support too, and so much thanks to Jana for her request!

Here's what it was:

Three things I'd like for my vid:
1: loooove (not necessarily requited)
2: a 90s song or later
3: at least a wee bit pain/heartache

Three things I don't want:
1: Tempus
2: Lex
3: minor characters turned main ones (Mayson, Dan... a bit is okay if absolutely necessary...)

So without further ado....

Downloadable Version (16mb)
YouTube

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Heeeeeeee! My very own vid smile1

Thank you soooo much, Jessi! The song is so cool and I loved how you switched the point of view between them. thumbsup
All the scenes are so great - and the end is absolutely beautiful *sniffles*

Thank you thank you thank you! You so completely fulfilled what I was hoping for dance

/grabs her vid, squeezes it and runs off with it laugh

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Weee! You posted! dance

Great choice of song (I'd never heard it before you had me listen when you picked it, but you can betcha it's on my To Buy list now!) and you so totally did it justice!

It's beautiful and tragic and you picked clips that make it absolutely wonderful. And, gosh... that ending. Heartbreaking. *sniffles*

Loooove the titles, in case I haven't told you enough already. They're simple, yet so great.

[...]not to mention staying up to an ungodly hour to help out.
Ungodly? Nah. It was only 1AM in Alaska, that's still early. wink Besides, this was SO worth staying up for. *hugs*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Beautiful video, Jessi! It tells such a nice story, and it's packed with emotions. And I love the song! I really need to check OneRepublic out.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Features Writer
Features Writer
WOOO!

I watched it again, without my being nearly as tired as I was last night, and it's still awesome wink

I love it! It's awesome, and I love the way it all just flows together laugh And the falling letters at the beginning were very spiffy laugh (Hee! I get it! Falling letters, All Fall Down! Wee!)

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Features Writer
Features Writer
My Igloo!

This gave me chills! And considering I don't "got rain" and it's 75 degrees out, that is no easy task.

This video is so heartbreakingly beautiful. I love how you used so many clips to show how things have fallen down for them, i.e. Clark being locked in the Kryptonite cage, Lois left in the hotel room when he vanishes in "Meer John Doe," etc.

And the end ... just wow. I loved when she whispers, "Clark." I mean that moment is when it really all could have fallen down, when he almost died ... it was the first BIG struggle they dealt with as a couple (in terms of death) ... this is just sooo good. <sniffles>

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Awesome video! I especially love the end with the audio between Lois & Clark, very strong stuff.

I LOVE One Republic and this is one of my favorite songs of theirs. Super choice! thumbsup

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This is gorgeous, Jessi! I especially loved the opening. Great job. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I thought your vid was wonderful, Jessi. Very angsty and gutsy, but for me it showed something more.

Lois and Clark were a team, and you show that in your vid. There were times when Lois needed rescuing, and Superman/Clark was always there.

But often it was Clark who needed saving, and Lois never let him down.

They were stronger together than on their own, and you portrayed that in your vid so well.

For me, that was the most important thing that held Lois and Clark together ... apart from romance, love and the 'hot' sex. wink

So, thank you for showing us all of that in your vid, Jessi. smile

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard