Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Well well...

After this mass of hotness and happiness that’s been brought to us by various vidathoners, I figured it might be the right time to dampen your mood and remind you of the cruelty of life devil

Um, anyway... this is for Catherine Bruce who requested the following things:

Three things I'd like for my vid:
1: A bit of romance
2: Possibly angst
3: and/or Comedy

I think that I totally succeeded concerning the angst and, yep, there’s a bit of romance, too – you might have to look for it, though wink

Cat, I know that Dan was supposed to appear only if "it’s pivotal for the overall vid", but... what can I say – there was no way *not* to have him in there, right? Plus I tried my best to minimize his appearance wink

Thanks a billion to LaraMoon for helping me pick the artist (Isn’t it great to have one of your assignee’s best buddies at hand?) and make up my mind about the song, an enormous amount of encouragement and offering help all along the way. And of course for organizing all this fun and assigning me to someone whose requests fitted like 100% to me. laugh

Small Version (11 MB)
Large Version (25 MB)
YouTube

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Features Writer
Features Writer
AIEEEEEE!!!

First, I LOVE JOSH GROBAN!!!! LOVELOVELOVE!!! I actually had to FORCE myself to not actually squeal out loud when I saw the artist, otherwise my roommates would have rushed in to see what all the hullabaloo was about :p (So THANK YOU Lara for suggesting it!! And THAT YOU Jana for using him!!)

Oh and I love this song! It's so sad and bittersweet, and I always wanted to see how it would fit in a vid and I never could think of a way to make it work, but you did, and you did it beautifully!

It's so awesomely bittersweet and angsty and wonderful! And you used just enough Dan to show what was going on, but not too much, and squeeeeeee!

THANK YOU!!!!

*goes to watch it about twenty-five billion more times laugh *

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Columnist
Columnist
/kicks Jana for every time she's complained about not being very good at this type of thing.

You are soooo crazy talented, girl! You did a beautiful job with this vid. The song is so sad and sweet, and the way you put it together was just perfect. thumbsup

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/kicks Dan.
/hugs Clarkie.

Oh, how I love this vid. smile It's so beautiful, in a heart-breaking kind of way. The song is just gorgeous and what you did with it is simply outstanding.

*happy sigh*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
So glorious. So sad. So beautiful. I so loved it. It broke my heart. I now love that song now. Thank you. thumbsup

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
Top Banana
Top Banana
*sniffles* That was so sad! Poor Clark!

But like I've already told you, it's an amazing video. The images really fit the lyrics and the music. Which adds to the overall wonderful effect.

After all the whining, you still came up with a most perfect video. So feel free to keep on vidding. wink

Sas smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great scenes set to the lyrics of a song I had never heard before. I felt so bad for Clark I wanted to jump through the computer screen and give him a big hug! I had such a heavy heart. mecry

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Awww! That is so sad! Poor Clark frown Great vid, though, Jana!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, guys, um... if I'm crying a bit now that's just because the vid was so sad. Yes, yes!
Really... it's not because all your lovely comments absolutely made my day (uh huh...) *sniffles*

Thank you sooo much - I'm really so happy you liked it sloppy

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok, now that I've raved over this on youtube, I shall come do it here.

That was SOOOOOOOO sad!! I love a good, sad video. I'm just glad I know that it doesn't really end like that! You did a great job with it.

Wonderful choice to use Josh Groban. I'm pretty sure that God looked around and picked Josh's throat to put His voice into. So beautiful...sigh.

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard