Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#249519 05/10/08 10:10 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Not only was this a vidathon project, but it was truly a marathon one as well. *lol* I've been sitting here for the past 16 hours, doing nothing but. And seriously, seriously looooving this song!!!

Thanks go to Jessi, Jana and Jenn for letting me know where I went wrong and helping me fix it.

All Over You , by The Spill Canvas
YouTube version

This vid is for BanAnna, whose request was this:
1: Angst
2: A rock song, preferably from the past decade or so
3: Dan Scardino has to show up at least once

I managed to get Dan in there twice and I even made him look good. *giggles*

Anna, I hope you have as much fun watching this as I did making it. I really had a ball! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, you'd think I wouldn't want to be the first to watch this video posted since I watched it 17,000 times today, but I just can't help it. I absolutely love this video. It is one of the best I have seen, and the song is so cool!

Lara, you have such an amazing gift for finding the perfect clips to go with the lyrics. I especially love your "I'm all over you" scenes and the sleep and daydream clips ... yow, even before they were really a couple, they were HOT!

I like that you stuck with Seasons 1 and 2 (and you know I am like the spokeswoman for Season 4, so that is saying a lot) because it showed the evolution of their relationship during that time.

As for the ending ... you're just a bad, bad, bat. And yet, so brilliant. laugh

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Blogger
Blogger
This is a great video and, like Jenn said, the videos fit perfectly with the lyrics. I didn't know the song but it was really good.
I like it, it changes of the "love love love" videos.
Very good work. Season 2 is good and I'm not surprised you could use a lot of its scenes.
Thanks for sharing smile

Columnist
Columnist
I know I've said it a billion times, and I know you rarely believe me, but you so, so, SO rock! You really are brilliant when it comes to picking out clips that fit the lyrics. I love what you came up with for "coast to coast," I wouldn't have thought of that.

I *adore* this song, and the vid make it 100 times better. Keep it up.

thumbsup

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Columnist
Columnist
drool And he's perfect for making Clark crazy with jealousy and ramping up the angst. thumbsup

Great job on this, Lara. You have an uncanny ability to pick just the right clips. Thank you so much for making this for me!! *hugs her vid and runs off to watch it again*

ETA: Guh! That one final "no" at the end just gets me every time. thud

~Anna

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Don't have much to add to the above, but...

Cool song, and great job with it!

Love the "coast to coast," too. And the way you changed the meaning of "all over you". And... great job!

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just: This totally rocks. The song is great, the vid is amazing, you're awesome laugh

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my gosh!!! So good! I love love love it! The ending was so heartbreakingly good. Amazing!

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
heee! Thank you! I'm so doing the happy dance over all of your comments. *squee* Thank you!!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh my goodness! That was awesome! I loved the heartbreak all through it laugh And the last part with the no, gah! Wonderful!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! This was a great video. I had never heard the song before but it fits Lois and Clark perfectly. You rock at videos. laugh
Kate

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Lara,

I was advised to watch this video, and I'm so glad I took the advice.

You've really captured the angst! I'm amazed by your talent for matching the words of the song with the scenes from our favourite show and in such a original way.

Great video. thumbsup

Yours Jenni

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Lara,

Another great vid, congrats smile

I didn't know the song before, but it has a great vibe and rhythm.

The whole vid is great, but here are some scene/lyric combinations I liked especially:

"dress me up in what you want me to be" with Clark looking into the mirror (love his facial expression)

Love pretty much all "I'm all over you" and "I want to taste you one more time again ..." scenes; especially that HiM scene (black is so Clark's colour) and Lois on top of Clark in The Phoenix.

Somehow I really like the transition from Supes kissing Lois to Clark holding the picture frame and love the two kisses that follow (on the plane and "this is forever packing") - and after that, in the scene outside Lois's building, Scardino *does* look kind of good (oh my, I wouldn't have thought I'd write that).

Love how you use the Lex scenes - and the last "I want to taste you one more time again" is especially powerful because you chose such a sweet kiss instead of a frantic one - the way Clark touches her face ... awwwwwwww

And the end ... well, that's just so evil of you. I love it.

Thanks for posting,

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Top Banana
Top Banana
Man! Let me just grab my still-beating heart off the floor after it was just ripped out of my chest. whinging

That was so painfully good Lara! You torture me in such an evil way. I love it!

Ditto on all comments above... except the ones where Dan looked good. C'mon people, look at those shirts <sticks finger in throat to gag>.

<me goes off to rewatch vid> I am somewhat of a masicist.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awww! Wonderful vid, Lara! You have a great knack for picking the perfect clips to fit the lyrics. It was a sad ending, but it fit so well. Love it!

(And, I think I'm going to have to check out this band now.)

Columnist
Columnist
Okay I don't have much time, but I had to tell you this was amazing!! And what an ending, I think I just might have to watch s3 and hear her say ''not yet'' wink

This really was great!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
awww! thank you all so much! laugh

*hugs all around* your comments mean the world to me.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Awww, this is a very wonderful video. The scenes you used totally fit to the song, great song by the way! I loved that you used so many scenes from Season 2, my favorite Season smile And in the end I almost cried when I saw the last scene and ending with NO. Heartbreaking end.

Very good work, Lara! thumbsup

Features Writer
Features Writer
Ohhh no, your video isn't that great. No, not at all ... you crackhead. I told you everyone would love it.

<runs off>

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wow. That is amazing.

Very nicely done Lara. Do you work in vid editing? Or is this just an extra curricular activity, because it looks very professional.

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard