Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I heard this song on the radio a couple of months ago and thought immediately that it would be a fun vid. And, indeed, it seemed like a good idea until I realized that the intro alone is nearly a minute long. I shortened it by two-thirds, so I apologize to any Adam Ant purists out there.

Many thanks to LaraMoon for her advice, help and good humor in nudging me along - and not just on this vid. sloppy
Goody Two Shoes

Please, please, please - if you watch this and like it, or even find it mildly amusing, won't ya let me know?

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL! That was hilarious! clap clap clap

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*giggles* I was thinking the exact same thing last night when I watched it: "where do all these clips come from?" -- there are several that I absolutely don't remember. And they're *perfect* for this!!

I love the quick pace of this song and the way you edited this is excellent, with a really quick succession of clips. Not to mention they match lyrics really well and it makes this so, so funny! smile

I'll be singing this all day, no doubt -- and seeing images of Clark in my head, which, really, is just fiiiiine! hehehe!

Well done! thumbsup clap

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
Hilarious! rotflol Pardon my it's-5:30-in-the-morning-and-I-haven't-gone-to-bed-yet lazy FDK, but you did a wonderful job with the editing and with finding perfect clips!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Columnist
Columnist
Well, fist of all... I love the rhythm of the song!! wink The scenes you choose for it were ofcourse perfect. Especially the scene with Clark and the towel, it goes perfectly with the rhythm of the music.

Oh, and... loved the ending like that goofy

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved it, Sue! Don't drink, don't smoke, must be something inside... and for the first time in the entire video, we get to see what Clark hides "inside"! thumbsup clap

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Sue S.:
Please, please, please - if you watch this and like it, or even find it mildly amusing, won't ya let me know?
Yeah, well, mildly amusing. Thanks.

Eva

I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I

Just kidding, of course smile

Very nice vid. I have to say that I don't car too much for the song, but for your purpose it works really well.

I never knew there was so much drinking going on in LnC - and like Lara, I couldn't identify some of the scenes but they fit in nicely with the whole vid.

It's great how well the fast succession of clips matches the pace of the song. You found some especially cute Clark footage and picture and song go great together (especially in terms of the words, e.g. "take note" - scene where Cat and Lois try to describe Superman to the sketch artist; but I also liked how you matched it to the rhythm/pace at some points, e.g. the milk container scene.)

I loved the scenes you took from the fitting montage in the pilot. I love that part and you chose my favourite outfits - that's definitely a plus.

Thanks for posting this smile

Eva

P.S. Does anyone know from which ep the scene at 1:50 is from (Clark in a black shirt, sculpture in the background, he does something with a playing card)?

kill a cliché, save a reader
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wheeeeee! Lovely, lovely feedback!

Paul - I did a dorky little happy dance when I saw that you had replied. I adore your vids because you use unusual clips and have such a sly sense of humor. Thank you so much for your comments - they mean the world to me.

Lara - Thank you so much for both the private and public comments. The last "don't drink" belongs entirely to you - you're the one who pointed out that there was actually a clip with him tossing out Scardino's wine glass.

Jessi - Thanks! You're much more coherent at 5:30 in the morning on no sleep than I ever could be. I'm glad I could make you smile.

Camy - I was so pleased when I saw that the towel scene fit perfectly in that section. Thanks for calling attention to it. smile

Ann - I did toy with the idea of having him rip his shirt open for every "must be something inside" but, in the end, I decided I wanted it to be the punchline and not a recurring joke. Plus, the pace is already so frantic, I thought we all might need a break at the end of each repeat of the chorus.

Stephnachia - I have that gag reel and love it, but I wanted to emphasize how straitlaced and good-natured Clark is, so I held back showing him with alcohol in his hand until the very end. But it would have been fun to have him exhaling smoke.

Eva - I refreshed before posting and saw that you had left me a reply. Thanks! It was a pain to find enough "don't drink" scenes, but when I realized that it was working, it made it a lot more fun to comb through the episodes. As for the "fitting montage", my favorite thing about that is that Martha pats him on the butt as the song says "make sure you really get your good side… good side." wink

That scene you asked about is from 'Honeymoon in Metropolis' when they're playing Trivial Pursuit and he's waiting for Lois' answer and then mocks her because she can't guess in time.

Thanks, you guys. You've totally made my day. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, thank you, Sue! That means a lot to me, too. smile

This was such a great song to do. It's fun, upbeat, and just perfect for Clark. And I've always liked the story of the song. Like Adam, I don't drink, don't smoke, don't indulge in a lot of popular vices. But I'm also known for being kind of... wacky at times. Fortunately, unlike Adam, I've never (AFAIK) had anyone speculate behind my back that I was secretly on drugs. Then again, I've never been on the national charts...

So... great song to start with, and you did such an amazing job with it!

Anyway, thanks again for the entertainment, and the lovely compliments! smile

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Columnist
Columnist
Awesome vid! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

And unlike some of the others, I did recognise most of the clips you chose--which were perfect choices! And the fact that I did recognize them tells me that I have spent waaaaay too many hours watching my LnC DVD's. blush

What can I say? I'm an addict!

clap Bravo!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hummm... this is another video that I never left FDK. [Linked Image] So, I'm humbly here to leave a late, late, very late FDK... [Linked Image]

<We don't follow fashion that would be a joke> That scene is very funny! thumbsup

Again, nice work! clap And sorry for the late FDK, again! blush

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard