Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#249215 03/10/08 05:05 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Do we post challenges in here? huh Oh well, correct me if I'm wrong.

I would love for someone to make a music video to the song My Immortal by Evanescence. It could be a MV about how since Clark ages slower than Lois, he will live much longer than her. The lyrics make sense to me... Anyone up for the challenge?

Oh and there are two version of the song. One of them is slow all the way through, the other gets kind of hard/rockish at the end. I like both but I like the slow one better for the purposes of this video laugh

Lyrics
"My Immortal"

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus:]
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus]

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

[Chorus]

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#249216 03/10/08 05:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#249217 03/10/08 06:18 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
whinging Link to video didn't work whinging

-George Bernard Shaw
#249218 03/10/08 06:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I found it on Annesplace.

My Immortal

Although this is more a TOGOM one. Someone's stuck it on youtube too.

The key to change... is to let go of fear - Rosanne Cash
#249219 03/10/08 06:31 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Do we post challenges in here? [Huh] Oh well, correct me if I'm wrong.
Sure, you can. Or, you can post them in the thread for challenges/requests fixed to the top of this folder, which keeps them all in one handy place for vidders to find. But it's pretty much either/or, whatever you choose.

MV Challenges

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#249220 03/10/08 08:02 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow! That was a tear jerker. I loved it! clap Very clever to do it from Lois' view point cause I could only think of it from Clark's. Well done Kae!!

Thanks for the link Cheese!

-George Bernard Shaw
#249221 03/10/08 09:36 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Stephnachia! Glad you enjoyed it. smile

And here's hoping this challenge actually happens! Can't wait to see what others come up with for that song. smile

Just one thing. Saskia very kindly alerted me that the video is available on youtube:

Just so you know, the person who posted it there is NOT me, and has never asked for permission or even given credit for the video.

Now, this is not the first time it happens to one of my vids, so I'm sort of getting used to it, even if that's sad to actually get to that point. However, My Immortal is a video that's very special to me and it kind of hurts even more to see it being thrown out there without credit.

I commented and if you feel like it, please let that person know that they posted something that's not theirs and that it's wrong.

But I'm aware it happens all the time, unfortunately. It seems these days that you can't create a video without someone scrupleless posting it to one of those video-sharing websites, without even bothering to clarify they're not the author.

Sad world. razz

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#249222 03/10/08 09:51 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I commented on the youtube vid Kae. That sucks that they did that. frown

-George Bernard Shaw
#249223 03/10/08 09:58 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Stephnachia. smile I appreciate that. Chances are that person will delete our comments in the end, but hey, if some people see it, that'll have been worth it.

And it made me feel better. wink

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

#249224 03/10/08 10:50 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Has anyone checked this plagiarist's profile? There are a couple of other LNC vids included among 'his/her' list.

Not sure if they also belong to someone else, but the answer is probably since he's fond of stealing. Maybe they belong to someone here, too. Worth checking out, perhaps.

And that sucks, Kae.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#249225 03/10/08 11:05 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I saw, on a list of 'similar videos', Trenna's When You Say Nothing At All - and, of course, the uploader does not appear to be Trenna. razz

From what I hear in my other fandom, this sort of plagiarism is rife. It's why so many vidders now watermark their work.

Wendy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#249226 03/10/08 12:59 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
If you want to, you can 'flag' the video in YouTube. You can do so by clicking on 'Flag' on the right underneath the video. Then choose 'Infringes my right', then 'Infringes my copyright'. I don't know how YouTube feels about copyright when it comes to fan videos (since in theory they are always copyright infringement), but it's worth a try.

And I hope that the person who posted the videos will realise what she has done and remove them. It's possible that she just didn't see any harm in it. At least she didn't remove the credits at the end of the videos, but maybe that's just because she didn't know how to.

Oh and by the way, I've also always loved that video. thumbsup

Greets,

~ An ~
#249227 03/12/08 12:39 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, An smile

And yes, I thought of flagging the video to Youtube, except I'm not sure how they feel about fanvideos indeed. Technically, I used material that belongs to WB and Evanescence. So I prefer keeping a low profile there.

And yes, my one comfort is that that person didn't remove the credits at the end. goofy

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?

#249228 03/18/08 01:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
It appears that our comments have worked. I accidentily hit the link when trying to view another website and youtube said the video was private and I needed an invitation to watch it. :rolleyes: So at least it's no longer available or the big public.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#249229 03/18/08 03:12 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I guess it depends who's made it private. It would have to be the plagiarist wouldn't it? Wouldn't YouTube just remove it if they had an issue with it? They wouldn't make it private, would they? (They might; I'm less than up with how things work as it's not a site I visit regularly, but it seems doubtful).

In which case, it's probably been done so that the masses can't read the comments pointing out that it's a plagiarised work. Then the plagiarist can safely invite who they like to view it, remove the comments, and claim it as their own in complete safety. razz

But, at least, as you say, Sas, it cuts down the number of viewers. Which is small consolation, but something, I guess.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard