Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#249168 03/02/08 02:31 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Because I promised Sue I'd do it, way back in August, while we were somewhere out on a highway in Utah. wink

Paralyzer, by Finger Eleven

(Note that this version is censored. I posted a version in my YouTube account, which isn't censored, if you'd rather watch that one...)

Enjoy!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#249169 03/02/08 06:22 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
dance

Few things make me drop everything during finals. :p I pretty much tossed away my sketchbook and did a happy dance when I saw this posted! It's definitely one of my favorite songs, and was at your usual par of awesomeness! Will definitely be watching this the next couple of weeks when I need a quick hide from school!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#249170 03/02/08 09:14 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Yay, finally! I'm so glad you decided to go ahead with this. You did such an awesome job! clap

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#249171 03/03/08 03:13 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Yay another Lara-vid!! Those are always so much fun.. and so was this one. Really really enjoyed it laugh

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#249172 03/03/08 05:45 AM
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Lara,

now I know why you needed all that Lois and Clark drinking footage - it was for the great good, so to speak smile

This was another great video; I really like the lyrics and your video matches them so well - as always.

I especially loved the Lois scene you chose for "I hold out for one more drink before I think I'm looking too desperately" (what ep is that from, I don't remember); using the toasters scene to match the lyrics (and making it so that they start shooting fire exactly when he sings "that would be cool with me") was also great.

I seriously think about getting a YouTube account so I can be one of your subscribers smile

Thank you,

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
#249173 03/03/08 05:55 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, you sure make great videos, Lara! clap

Ann

#249174 03/03/08 05:59 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
heee! Thank you for the comments! They're most appreciated!

I especially loved the Lois scene you chose for "I hold out for one more drink before I think I'm looking to desperately" (what ep is that from, I don't remember)
It's from "I'm Looking Through You" -- during the bachelor auction. wink

#249175 03/03/08 08:54 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a coooooool vid clap

Love your work with the beats!

Love the scenes with Lois singing and during their almost first date and with the ice cream and at the bachelor auction and... well... all of it, it seems wink

You rock, girl dance

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#249176 03/04/08 04:59 PM
Columnist
Columnist
clap That was fantastic! I really liked it.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#249177 03/08/08 02:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great video, Lara. thumbsup

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#249178 03/08/08 03:58 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a treat! I never get to watch MVs cause I'm usually at work when I'm on the boards blush but since I'm at my parents house right now (we have no Internet at home frown ) I got to watch it!!! dance

That was fantastic!! I agree with what everyone said. You did a really great job of matching everything with the beat. That was just spectacular!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#249179 03/12/08 01:54 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Because I promised Sue I'd do it, way back in August, while we were somewhere out on a highway in Utah.
Yes, and I never wheedled and begged at any point between now and then, did I? Your promise to do this vid is the only reason I didn't leave you somewhere in the Nevadan desert. wink Red Ridge, was it?

In all seriousness, thank you so, so, SO much for doing this. I love the beats, the quick cuts and the film noir feel to it. It's the little things, like having Lois sit down to the beat in "I should just stay home" that delight me. And you do that over and over again. It's brilliant!

Now, there were a couple of vids we talked about in Vegas...

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#249180 03/13/08 02:02 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
FINALLY got to see this(crappy dial up at home no good) I had to wait until I was at work. Really well put together and awesome beat! clap

That scene at the end where Superman rescues Lois locked in the safe, I always thought that was the point where he crossed the line about showing how much he cared about Lois(he almost kisses her) and screwed her up into thinking she had a shot with him, but I don't recall ever reading it mentioned in a story.

Story challenge anyone??

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
#249181 03/13/08 02:53 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
That scene at the end where Superman rescues Lois locked in the safe, I always thought that was the point where he crossed the line about showing how much he cared about Lois(he almost kisses her) and screwed her up into thinking she had a shot with him, but I don't recall ever reading it mentioned in a story.

Story challenge anyone??
Oooh! Sounds interesting! laugh

#249182 03/24/08 01:31 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
clap Wonderful vid, Lara! I especially liked all the "Fly Hard" clips.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#249183 03/24/08 07:47 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I was watching this video AGAIN because it's like crack and I can't stop watching it, and Lara, seriously, this one one of your best. The way you match the clips to the beat is just outstanding. clap

However, SOMEONE wasn't too thrilled that I started playing the video -- cranked up -- as he was watching Forensic Files next to me. Seriously, come on. Like any of those criminals would look this good in tights. I need to smack some priorities into my husband. Then again ... if he was thinking about how good Superman looks in tights, um, I think we'd have a problem. Never mind. wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#249184 03/27/08 04:52 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Holy crikeys! Way better than I could have done with this song wink

That's what I love about your stuff. You always go for what I couldn't imagine doing to a song.

Muahaha! *saves*

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#249185 03/29/08 01:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL! I'm so glad I saw this Lara! Wheeeee! I left you comments on youtube as well (and a 5 star.)

This was awesome. The editing was too cool. Some of my favorites were the Phoenix scenes but my very favorite was Lois doing the dance of the 7 veils - if your body matches what your eyes can do...

*giggles*

It was great!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard