Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#249092 02/10/08 11:26 AM
alcyone Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I have a feeling this is going to be embarrassing, since I have no skills at all with photoshop blush . Especially compared to what I've seen from you guys.

Still, I'm thrilled to be near the end of Bohemia (over at the nfic side) given that I began it last October! And since it's the longest (and funnest) thing I've written so far I thought to celebrate with two posters (I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but whatever).

So one with our heroes and our antagonist...

[Linked Image]

And one with more of the setting wink

[Linked Image]

So yeah, I'd love to hear what you guys think. I'm frustrated that with all the work I put it they still look a bit haphazard grumble . Ah well. I can always hide behind being a first timer. wink

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#249093 02/10/08 02:31 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Alcyone. These are great. I have so little talent when it comes to technology and appreciate all the creativity that exudes from you and the other FoLCs.

I like how you put Lois and Clark in the background behind the vampy picture of the Succabus in the first poster. That picture of Teri really captures its' personality. :p

In the second, it's cool how you have Clark's silhouette with Lois peeking over his shoulder. Very creative.

Now stop messing around with photoshop and get back to writing! <insert whip crack here>

BJ

#249094 02/10/08 02:34 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I like them both but I think the first one really rocks. I can feel the vibe of the story just looking at it.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#249095 02/10/08 04:38 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I definitely love them. Elisabeth is right, you can really feel the vibe of the story. I really need to catch up with Bohemia, and this was a good reminder to!

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#249096 02/10/08 05:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey that cross is especially great in the first poster! The nerdy graphic designer in me thinks it's fun typography. Anyway, I can't wait to catch up with the latest in the story!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#249097 02/10/08 05:17 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh WOW! That is such a great representation of your story! I'm still hoping for a music video/trailer, but this is the next best thing. clap

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
#249098 02/11/08 03:34 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I second, third, fourth, etc. everything that was said. They're both really cool. I love the bottom background setting one. The first one gives me the creeps. I LOVE it! *shudders* Now go finish up Bohemia so I can get that nasty Succubus out of my mind and concentrate on LnC 'n' goodness.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#249099 02/14/08 10:50 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I also think these are both really good. They make me want to read this story...so, I'm also going to say hurry up!! smile1

#249100 02/14/08 11:15 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, not bad for someone with no skills. laugh Very atmospheric, both of them. thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#249101 02/14/08 05:45 PM
alcyone Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi again, guys!

BJ, the moment I saw that first pic, I knew I had to use it. It's got so much sass laugh

Lisa--thanks a bunch, I'm glad it captures the vibe.

Laura--hey anything that gets you reading wink

JD--the typography I did with the brush. It's such a little thing and yet it took me freakin' forever. I wish I could have copied/pasted.

TJ, sigh, I would love to put a trailer together (it'd be so hard to decide on a song tho), but it might be really hard/impossible to find right clips.

Steph--it's the purple eyes, huh? wink I'm glad you like the background setting one. It was the hardest to put together. Poor Lois is awfully pale, but it was all I could do at the moment, when pasting all the parts. frown

Dear Prudence--I hope you do! evil

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#249102 02/15/08 10:26 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I love the first one. Nice picture of Teri. :-) The atmosphere of the story is shown really well in both pictures. You have no skills? I wish I had your skill.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard