Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#248918 11/06/07 05:38 AM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LaraMoon posted in the "Bet you can\'t vid this one!" thread to say that she'd like to see someone take a crack at a Yes song. And then posted about it again. And I think a third time. And one of the songs she mentioned had an interesting title. She'd just done Bohemian Raphsody for me. And the song sounded interesting. So, with help and encouragement from Lara, I... well, I guess you could say I took a crack at it.

And then, when I was in the middle and saw a long instrumental looming on the horizon, came up with the perfect solution.

So thanks, guys! Literally could not have done it without you!

Ah, to vid the unviddable vid...

Tempus Fugit

Enjoy!

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
Kerth
Once again, Paul, I'm left laughing so hard that I cry at your brilliance.

Loved it! Loved the "Yes!" counter, loved the dance break, but most of all, I loved finally solving the mystery of where Jimmy #1 went. "...and no one even noticed."

Bwahahahaha! rotflol

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Three times? Did I? Really? ...erm... well, see, it just goes to show that the third time is the charm. (and, come to think of it, if it works for "Candy Man" and "Bloody Mary", maybe it would work for a "Clark in your closet", too?? Oooh! /perks up.)

Getting back on track....

Thank you, Paul!!! thumbsup clap notworthy notworthy

Some of this I've told you before, but I forget which ones, so... sorry if I'm repeating myself.

The opening shot of Tempus with the glasses is a *very* cool addition!

Love the first shot of him, sitting in the jail cell, looking like he's totally looney-tunes. Cracks me up something serious. *g*

The shot of Clark screaming in the arctic and you made it look like he says "yes" instead of "no" is especially funny. smile (Ooooh! And there's your 42, right there. See?)

The dance break is absolutely hilarious - an instant classic!!

The captions at the end are just too funny - and yay for poking fun at Jimmy #2. smile And... and... Intercontinental Freeze Tag!! *still choking with laughter*

Counter was a really cool idea. I love the way you did that - very, very amusing. smile

Thank you!!!!

Ah, to vid the unviddable vid...
rotflol (and um... makes me wanna vid *that* song. Can I? *lol* I think someone needs to get me back into my straight jacket.)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
and um... makes me wanna vid *that* song. Can I?
Clark Quixote?

Does this mean that Jimmy is really Sancho?

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Merriwether
Merriwether
After your caption in the caption game, that Lois and Resplendent Man splitting up was just too funny. As well as Jimmy and Cat, and Clark and Clark (Is it just me, or did it seem like using the reflexive third person plural reminded you of Clark talking about himself in the third person?)

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
sides...hurt...laughing...sooo...haarrrddd!!!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the great FDK, guys! Sorry it took me so long to respond. Been AFK most of this week. (And going to be busy for the next couple of weeks, too...)

Glad to see that, even if I only got a few responses, they were such enthusiastic ones. That means a lot to me.

Thanks again to Lara for her inspiration and help, and to Kaylle for coming up with the dance break (and pointing me to that first scene of Perry).

Oh, and yes... Clark Quixote. I'd totally watch that! Go for it! laugh

(Was I supposed to try to talk you out of that? goofy )

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Lol, Paul! I finally got to see this. My favorite part was the "where are they now" captions at the end (the Lincoln Bedroom!), but really the whole thing was hysterical smile I love Herb's facial expressions. I love how confused Martha and Jonathan look during the dance break. And...it's creepy how real some of the Clark/Clark scenes are...

If this is what you come up with for unviddable songs, maybe you should spend more time in that folder. wink

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Kaylle! smile

I can't claim credit for M&J's expressions, but they did fit beautifully. laugh

And yeah... Clark/Clark was weird. Recontextualizing it all was fun, but sometimes it was a little too easy.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed. Thanks for the FDK! And thanks again for the dance break!

Paul

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard