#248779 10/18/07 05:04 AM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, Malu said it couldn\'t be done , but... see what you think. smile

They Might Be Giants - Istanbul

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#248780 10/18/07 05:28 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
This was great Paul!

I needed a smile [made the 'mistake' of rereading ad astra per aspera again this morning!].

Awesome job!
Carol

#248781 10/18/07 05:41 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Ahhhh, Paul! You just keep making my mornings. laugh

That was hysterical - even the screen wipes had me giggling as they went back and forth. Visual snark - it's the best thing in the world.

Thanks! notworthy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#248782 10/18/07 05:42 AM
Columnist
Columnist
wow!! You really did an amazing job with this song and selecting good scenes (because the scenes were great, it brought a smile to my face wink )!!!

-camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#248783 10/18/07 06:52 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Fantastic Vid, Paul. clap I love your work. Great idea to use the Krypton/New Krypton as the theme and the b&w scenes were great too.

Thanks for making it. You always make me smile with your vids/stories.

BJ

#248784 10/18/07 09:01 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
wave

#248785 10/18/07 11:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, wow! That was so great!!! laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#248786 10/18/07 02:23 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Paul, I was listening to TMBG's Flood today and smiled as I visualized your vids for "Istanbul" and "Birdhouse in Your Soul".
thumbsup

When "Lucky Ball and Chain" came on, I got the impression that this would work well with the clone arc, but figured I'd be drawn and quartered in the village square if I suggested the argh! as a topic for a vid.
peep
BJ

#248787 10/18/07 03:17 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, I almost never watch vids (they're generally a pain to load up on my old crochetty computer), but I was so intrigued by the name of the song that I loaded this sucker up and enjoyed it thoroughly. The opening was so cool and NK scenes and the black and white ones and...

You get the point. laugh I really enjoyed it!

thanks!

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#248788 10/18/07 03:48 PM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Paul, you are a genius at this! We're big TMBG fans around here - my kids know every word to "Istanbul" and came running in when they heard the song playing. "Mom, what does this have to do with Lois and Clark?" my son asked, looking closer at the screen.

I tried to explain, but I'm not sure I completely, totally got there. laugh

But I understood it perfectly, and even though I hate the NK arc with the fire of a thousand suns (which are a mass of incandescent gas - a gigantic nuclear furnace...) I thought it was a perfect - and very fun - fit for this song.

Keep 'em coming, please!

Caroline

#248789 10/19/07 09:16 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
LOOOOOOL. Krypton/New Krypton themed! Great idea and execution! laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#248790 10/19/07 11:14 AM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks everyone! smile Lots of great FDK rolling in here. I really appreciate it. smile

A couple specific things...

even the screen wipes had me giggling as they went back and forth
laugh Yeah. I was hoping that would come across. It seemed the only way to go, given the back and forth nature of the lyrics.

Visual snark - it's the best thing in the world.
lol! I don't know that that's what I had in mind, but I love the term! And hey, I'll snark about NK anytime. wink

When "Lucky Ball and Chain" came on, I got the impression that this would work well with the clone arc, but figured I'd be drawn and quartered in the village square if I suggested the argh! as a topic for a vid.
I'll listen to it again, see if anything strikes me. It's been a while. But don't be afraid to suggest a subject, even the ARGH. Heck, my first solo vid was ARGH-themed (more or less).

"Mom, what does this have to do with Lois and Clark?" my son asked, looking closer at the screen.

I tried to explain, but I'm not sure I completely, totally got there. laugh
lol! That's an interesting scene to imagine.

And yeah, I always kind of wonder how much of most vids would make sense to a non-FoLC. Don't think you can completely explain this stuff unless they've seen the show. And NK in particular is really hard (because it makes no sense!!).

But I understood it perfectly, and even though I hate the NK arc with the fire of a thousand suns (which are a mass of incandescent gas - a gigantic nuclear furnace...) I thought it was a perfect - and very fun - fit for this song.
Yeah, I hate NK, too. I may have mentioned something about that here and there ...

(At the very end of the second one.)

Kinda funny, really, that I ended up using it as a theme in my last two vids...

And lol, somehow I hadn't heard that particular TMBG song. I'll have to check it out...

Anyway, thanks again to each and every one of you for your wonderful comments. Sorry I didn't respond specifically to everyone, but, really, you can only say "Aww, thanks!! laugh " so many times before it gets old...

Oh, and of course! Thanks to Malu for the idea to do the song in the first place! smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#248791 10/19/07 12:51 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
goofy

notworthy

~•~
#248792 10/19/07 04:21 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Paul, RE: Lucky Ball and Chain
I'll listen to it again, see if anything strikes me. It's been a while. But don't be afraid to suggest a subject, even the ARGH.
I was thinking specifically of the lines "She walked away from a happy man..." and "There goes the bride as she walks out the door..."

See, ARGH.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard