Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#248647 10/09/07 10:27 PM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Kept hearing this one on the radio, got a few ideas, threw the vid together. Hope you enjoy.

Big thanks to Sara Kraft for Beta Viewing, brainstorming, encouraging, laughing, etc. smile

Nickelback: Rockstar

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was awesome. I love the scenes you picked for every line they fit perfetly. This is one of those songs that I didnt think anyone cold make an LnC video but you did it perfectly. Great Job!

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Kerth
Kerth
That was hysterical! I started giggling at the beginning, but I was laughing so hard my sides ached by the end.

I loved all the little cuts to Lenny Stokes for the bass voice. And the witty reveals for "good gold diggers", "bleached blondes", "hang out in the coolest bars", "stay skinny 'cause we just won't eat", "drug dealer on speed dial" - really the entire chorus was a treat each and every time. Actually, "sheer genius" probably comes closest.

But the one that *killed* me was "dress my a** in the latest fashions".

Perfect. This was exactly what I needed. You're my rockstar now. Thank you! hail hail hail hail hail

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Columnist
Columnist
This was genius, Paul! The NK part was probably my favorite, but you had me laughing all the way through. Thanks for sharing! laugh

~Anna

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my gosh. Every single clip in there was dead on and absolutely hilarious! I never thought you could make an L and C video to that song, but you made it look so obvious! How could I have missed all those great opportunities? laugh I loved it. Thanks for the great laugh! This one's probably going on my alt-kerth nominee list!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*lol* that was SO funny! Just exactly what I needed tonight. laugh

Well done!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Omigosh! That was absolutely wonderful, Paul! The lyric/image matches were just perfect, and I practically fell out of my chair laughing too many times to count. You are just so good at this! clap

Caroline

Columnist
Columnist
That was awesome!

I have to agree with everyone else--you're a genius! Thanks for making this vid, I really enjoyed it!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Columnist
Columnist
That was great!!!
I love the Lenny Stokes scenes you put in between.
-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Paul, you're my hero!

Everything was just perfect! I especially loved all of the New Krypton parts. They were perfect for the lyrics.

Fabulous job!
JD
dance

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL, good job there! laugh Fun video!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, like I said... I just threw this together. Didn't really feel like I had a clear purpose this time. So I'm glad to see it worked so well for you guys. Thanks for all your comments and laughs. Feels really good to hear you enjoyed. smile (Uhm... I mean... cool *rockstar smile*)

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
Kerth
So my alarm goes off this morning and I just roll over and listen to the DJs babble. And then, just as I was about to slip back into unconsciousness, this song came on.

Just like that - I was wide awake and laughing. Thanks, Paul. It's the vid that keeps on giving.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
lol! Apparently it is, if it brings in new FDK with inspiring stories.

Ironic, too, that a vid from a chrnoically fatigued (thanks to multiple sleep disorders) FoLC could help another wake up and start her day. laugh

Thanks for sharing, Sue!

Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm so glad we have this icon here: hail

LOL, this was brilliant. I laughed so hard, more times than I can list. Usually I try to mention my favorite parts, but there were too many. Can I just say, "The whole thing?" Just awesome!

Thanks for giving me a huge smile. This is a keeper.

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Can I just say, "The whole thing?"
laugh I'll take it!

Thank you so much. That's really high praise. cool

Merriwether
Merriwether
I have to say the part I found to be the coolest was Sore Throat using nose spray during the drug lyrics. I never would've thought of that part or remembered that he did that.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Something else I noticed; watching this vid again.

I never saw it when watching the eps the first time, but that clip of Lord Nor on "Sunrise America" with the tagline "says he wants to rule Earth" with the lady interviewing him. That was hilarious.

Oh, and the hang out in the coolest bars matched with the Windex. Yeah, cause that is like the coolest NK bar ever. :rolleyes:

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sorry I didn't respond to your earlier comment, Woody. Sore Throat just jumped into my head, and seemed perfect. I didn't specifically remember the scene with the nasal spray, but once I came across it, I just had to put it to use. Glad you liked. *g*

The talk show host was Leeza Gibbons, who actually did have her own show at the time. But yeah, I loved that little caption. The whole scene is fun, but that was a beautiful touch.

As for NK... Hey, that place may be small and it may offer nothing but extraterrestrial Windex to drink, but I tell you, it is trendy. Very popular with the NK avant garde.

Kerth
Kerth
Must have missed this earlier - liked it a lot!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard