Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey guys. I saw this picture of Dean Cain and I absolutely had to make it into a wallpaper. It's a little darker than my usual, but the dark red just seemed to fit. Not a lot of text used. The bottom left corner kind of bugs me. I saved the original file, so I might be tweaking it a little later. But as of now, let me know what you think. smile It's a little bigger this time!

[Linked Image]

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
*faints* jawdrop

Omg Laura that's so sexy and hot and... *faints again*

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Creepy! I like it! smile

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooooh <drool> drool I sense a story coming on... Laura... do you have a "dark Clark" or "dark Superman" story up your sleeve? Mmmmm... could be very interesting. I love it when for one reason or another Clark loses a little of his control. wink

Nice wallpaper.... very very nice. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh! Love it. Brain not functioning enough for intelligent comments, but.... omg... niiiiiiiiice!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
Duuuuude! That's like, dark and hawt! *new desktop bg for laptop*

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yay! I'm so glad you liked it. That really is a sexy picture. I drooled for a good two minutes as I blindly fumbled around on the keyboard for the Paintshop Pro button so I could wallpaper it. I glanced back at my computer and was like AH! How have I never seen that picture before?

Selinde! I hope you've recovered from that fainting spell. Should I send over your friendly neighborhood Superman to come check you over? wink

JD, glad you liked it. It is kind of creepy. I can sort of see him having just committed a murder or something. :p

DJ, man I wish I had a dark Superman/clark story on my mind. I love it when he loses control, too. Unfortunately the only fic on my mind other than teaching indecency is my story for the ficathon and... well... let me just tell you, you'll understand when you read it, but "dark" Clark is the furthest thing away from how he acts in it. smile But maybe you do? Hmm...? I think we need a dark Clark story from you DJ! Plllease?

Lara-- Glad you liked it! If it short circuited your brain, I feel my work has been done.

Catherine! Thanks for using it as your background. It's good to feel that it has a lovely new home and an appreciative owner.

Thanks everyone!

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooooh. Dangerous Dean. laugh

It reminds me of a tentative story plot I once had in mind where Clark/Superman was sprayed/infected/whatever with something by some villain (as you can see, I hadn't gotten as far as working out details goofy ) which made him act out the seven deadly sins, one by one. devil

I never did anything with it and am unlikely to now, so if that sparks anything in anyone, they're welcome to it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ahh! Goodness this:

It reminds me of a tentative story plot I once had in mind where Clark/Superman was sprayed/infected/whatever with something by some villain (as you can see, I hadn't gotten as far as working out details ) which made him act out the seven deadly sins, one by one.
Sounds like it would be phenomenal. I'm sorry you never got started on it LabRat! You would have done an excellent job, I'm sure of it. But with Jojo's post about NaNoWriMo... maybe that could help with someone's idea? I'd love to read a story like it. thanks LabRat. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[QUOTE] I think we need a dark Clark story from you DJ! Plllease?
[/
*ahem*

Uh....

Technically I'm on a hiatus right now. I promised my muse some time off and she ran away to some tropical resort to sip Mai-Tais and learn to hula dance.

However, wouldn't you know that your enthusiasm (and the tidbits that LabRat posted) had her on the first flight back???

<snort>

If no one else takes up this interesting little idea, I just may... <rolls eyes> It's not like I don't have a half dozen other stories that are half-written and sitting on the stove, waiting to be reheated. :p Maybe I can just add this one to the stack. I can start a junkyard of unfinished stories.

Anyway... again... lovely picture. VERY lovely. And thanks the nudge... I'll see what I can do.

-- DJ <who really wishes Labby would finish that story... <pout>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
It reminds me of a tentative story plot I once had in mind where Clark/Superman was sprayed/infected/whatever with something by some villain (as you can see, I hadn't gotten as far as working out details ) which made him act out the seven deadly sins, one by one.
That sounds delicious, LabRat. I hope DJ or somebody picks that one up if you're not going to write it (although I wish you would!)

Laura, great art. But what are the words at the bottom? They're just a little too small for me to make out clearly.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Kerth
Kerth
Dark Clark? thud

Mmmm. Nice picture (although, I also can't quite make out the very last line).

Then again, reading is such a chore when there are yummy images to catch the eye...

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Features Writer
Features Writer
drool
I like it! you are very talented smile

Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
DJ!!! hyper hyper hyper Can this be true?

However, wouldn't you know that your enthusiasm (and the tidbits that LabRat posted) had her on the first flight back???
I sure hope so. smile I'd love to read it!

Lisa-- Hey! Glad you liked it. Actually I didn't write the words. They were on the scan from the magazine. So far as I can tell they say:

"----- in a harness suspended
---- the air and though he wears
the red, yellow and blue costume
---civilization, he is not Superman"

I'm sorry, I actually can't find the picture I used. It was on this website that I stupidly didn't save. It was much easier to read there.

Sue, I'm glad the reading could take second place. I agree. I think I probably just forgot to take it out, I was so taken with the picture. smile But I do kind of like the words "not Superman" since it seems to go so well with his fresh-out-of-jail look.

Vanda blush Thank you. I admit, the credit goes to Dean for being so very attractive and dangerous in that picture. I couldn't not emblazeon it all over my desktop. smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, what a hot-hot-hot picture! Love the red background, it's just so evil looking--yum. And I add my voice to the chorus of voices crying out for a dark Clark story. smile That plot bunny sounds scrumptious. Pity you didn't follow it Labrat mecry But um, yes DJ--I hope I see it around the boards soon!

Any possibility it might have a slice of n?

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Any possibility it might have a slice of n?
Mine did. laugh Actually, I got curious and went back to my old hd and looked it up and to my surprise discovered I actually had 4 pages of snippets and bits and pieces. Quite a chunk of it...ahem...well...

DJ - or anyone else thinking of running with it - if you're interested mail me and I'll send you my file. If there's anything in there you can use - either straight up, as written, or just the idea written your own way, cool. If not, that's cool, too. I won't pout if nothing makes it into the finished version. goofy It's not much, but it might be useful to you.

(I might cut out the bit about the sheep when Superman was hit by the Sin of Lust though... wink )

LabRat smile (watching all those who wanted her to write this one scramble to change their minds... laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Mine did. Actually, I got curious and went back to my old hd and looked it up and to my surprise discovered I actually had 4 pages of snippets and bits and pieces. Quite a chunk of it...ahem...well...
Ah! LabRat! You can't tease us like this! I don't suppose there's any way for you to just um... post the incomplete... notes? Or maybe make it a one shot? We'd pretend there was some lovely backstory and a super good A-plot, even if it hadn't ever been written. I suppose that's frowned upon, isn't it?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL. No, not frowned upon. But, honestly, you'd be disappointed. And I'd have an instant coronary. I'm having palpatations at the very thought. goofy

It's really nothing more than a few very sketchy notes on direction and the first draft of a little bit of steam.

Oh, and the sheep, of course.

LabRat (who hasn't had the nerve to post a first draft sketch of anything without having redrafted it word by word fifty times in her life. laugh )

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay I found the original! Not quite as sexy as Laura's wall, but still VERY drool-worthy!

[Linked Image]

Not sure if image hotlinking is allowed, so here's the link anyway: http://www.deancaincentral.com/Photos/DeanCain75.jpg

Selinde! I hope you've recovered from that fainting spell. Should I send over your friendly neighborhood Superman to come check you over? wink
Oooh could you send the guy that lives about half a mile from here? He's kind of cute blush

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay... you're really stroking my ego here, Laura. How can I pass this up now? Hmmm?

RL is about to pounce on me this month... so it may be a while before you see this story become a reality. But you so inspired my muse that not only did she come back from her retreat, she wrote 2 solid pages on the story and a couple of pages of notes. <g>

DJ - or anyone else thinking of running with it - if you're interested mail me and I'll send you my file. If there's anything in there you can use - either straight up, as written, or just the idea written your own way, cool. If not, that's cool, too. I won't pout if nothing makes it into the finished version. [Goofy] It's not much, but it might be useful to you.

(I might cut out the bit about the sheep when Superman was hit by the Sin of Lust though... [Wink] )
Labby, you are a doll! <g> I've got a few pages written and an idea of what I want to do, but I'd love to see what you had and I'd be honored to incorporate some of it with your permission.

Uh... but I think I'll leave out the sheep - LOL - I actually have a different idea for the "lust" part. <snort> But, on that note, not to disappoint you nfic readers out there... but this isn't going to go far enough to be "n". Sorry.

Thanks Labby! Thanks Laura!

Eeeeeee!

-- DJ

P.S. - Thanks Selinde for posting the original. I'll be using these 2 pictures for inspiration. <g>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard