Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#248276 08/05/07 10:47 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This was done by request. I'm sorry it took me so long to get it done. It "may" have to do with the fact that the clip I chose to go with the "there's a blue horizon" lyrics made me melt into a puddle of goo every single time I watched it.....

Lisa, I hope you'll find I did the song justice and that it's a worthy "reward vid". smile (And I hope everyone else likes it, too!)

Starts With Goodbye, by Carrie Underwood
(temporarily stored on my own server, since FoLC Video seems dead..?)

YouTube version

With thanks to Jessi and Cat, as usual, for listening to me go on and on about this, putting up with me while I ranted forever about the stupid exporter that wouldn't work, but especially for oooh'ing and aaawww'ing when I sent them previews. Thanks girls! *hugs*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#248277 08/05/07 11:09 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Yay!! smile1

I looove this vid! So sweet and sad. mecry Poor Lois. What a false choice! As yummy as Clark looks throughout this video, I want to kick him for putting her through that.

I especially like the part flashing back and forth between Clark and Superman...and the black and white parts...and...well, the whole thing!

With thanks to Jessi and Cat, as usual, for listening to me go on and on about this, putting up with me while I ranted forever about the stupid exporter that wouldn't work, but especially for oooh'ing and aaawww'ing when I sent them previews. Thanks girls! *hugs*
Hey, I'll do anything to make sure I keep getting previews. wink

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#248278 08/05/07 01:52 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Wheee! This is the first L&C vid I've watched in quite a while, and I was not disappointed!! drool I loved it! So sweet and waffy and perfect clip choices and everything! I was melting at that blue horizon bit, too!! *sigh* clap

Sara laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#248279 08/05/07 02:29 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
OH MY FREAKING GOD!

*jumps up and down*

Lara, this... this.... *brain stutters*

Oh my god.

This is the most beautiful video, and it tells the story perfectly. It is exactly what I had in mind, only a hundred times better, more touching, more gorgeous. And it says "For Lisa" at the front! SQUEE!

I especially love the quick flashes between Clark and Superman as the song heads into the first chorus, Lois shutting the window, and all the lovely waffy moments and the heartwrenching ones too. I just love the whole damn thing. I'm going to be playing this every day for weeks!

Thank you, Lara, a million times. Thank you.

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#248280 08/06/07 01:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lara! Lara Lara Lara!!!!!!! sloppy

Sorry, that's all I've got time for this morning. I managed to squeeze in one quick watch before I had to leave. But I promise to watch it again and again and then come back and leave you some decent fdk!

C-ya!!!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#248281 08/06/07 06:23 AM
Columnist
Columnist
oh I love Carrie. Her CD is one of my favorites.

Great and sad video but I love the kissing scene at the end.

It is another great one. Loved it.

#248282 08/06/07 06:51 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
oh, i loved it smile apart from everything else i liked it very much that you've used scenes that aren't used that often - I think some scenes i haven't seen at all until now. great clap

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#248283 08/06/07 07:19 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Woohoo, Lara, that's absolutely AMAZING!

I loved the Clark/Superman switching thing at the beginning of the first chorus and the b/w scenes of Supes and the waffy Clark scenes and... well, EVERYTHING!

You did a wonderful job!

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#248284 08/06/07 07:39 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Awwww!! Thank you! I'm so glad you guys like this video! blush

Jessi - *waves* Thanks for being the first to comment. hehe!
Poor Lois. What a false choice! As yummy as Clark looks throughout this video, I want to kick him for putting her through that.
I knoooooow!! I want to kick him, too. *lol* I mean, I understand the whole "but she needs to pick the man over the superhero" thing, but if he'd only told her... she always did love the man and not his powers, she was just a little blinded by the spandex (and the hip sway, I bet!) *shrugs*

Sara, I'm glad you enjoyed it! And YAY for someone else melting at the same place I did. hehe!

Lisa!! Weeee! *bounces* I'm SO happy that you liked it, you have no idea! And *of course* it says "For Lisa" at the beginning... I did make it for you, didn't I? You picked the song and all, too, so I owe you credit for the inspiration. Thank you for that!

DJ - I'll be looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts. wink

Tahu - thank you! I really like Carrie, too. She's really awesome! I'm happy you liked the vid!

lcfan4ever - thanks for the comments! I did try and use at least some scenes that aren't used by everyone else - I'm glad you liked that!

Jana - awww! thank you! *hugs* I'm happy you liked the little going back and forth between Clark and Superman. When I heard the beat at that moment in the song, I just knew I had to do this. Wasn't easy, but I think it's worth it. smile

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!!

#248285 08/06/07 08:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
EEe!!! I looooooved it! You know, when I watch Lois and Clark, since so much of it is told from Clark's perspective, I often forget that Lois doesn't well, KNOW that Clark and Superman are one and the same. I mean my head does, of course, but in my heart I always think "oh she knows. she knows." but your video totally put it in a new perspective for me. I felt like I was Lois and I could completely see how she believed they were two different people and how difficult the choice was for her. I loved it. And, like everyone else, I loved the beats switching Clark and Superman. smile

Wonderful job!

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#248286 08/06/07 08:51 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Wow! That was amazing. I loved how the music in the beginning had a haunting feel to it, and I especially loved the curtian in the beginning. That was a really nice touch. I also liked the beats that switched back and forth between Clark and Superman. And the end was awesome, I loved the kiss and I also thought that the curtian moving in slow motion at the very last second was a nice touch.

Great job!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#248287 08/06/07 10:49 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Holy freakin' heck! Lara, that was amazing! I had to sit just right on the couch with the laptop balanced on my knees at exactly the right angle for 18 minutes to download it, but it was worth the effort.

I loved the "story" behind the vid, with Lois saying good-bye to Superman in order to have Clark. What a cool idea! I, too, absolutely adored the beats back and forth between Clark and Superman. Awesome!

Do you take requests? laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#248288 08/06/07 02:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay... I'm back. <g>

The "idea" behind the vid was so delicious - Lois thinking that she had to give up her Superman fantasy in order to choose Clark - she guessed it was gonna hurt, I'm gonna have to cry... <waffy sigh>

So her moving on with Clark "starts with goodbye". You picked some really good scenes to show her "saying goodbye" (especially that one from WWW where she says goodbye at the courthouse).

I too loved the beats between Clark and Superman. <g> I like the B & W at the end where she's remembering Superman - kissing him and being rescued... and then it switches to her holding Clark <waffy sigh> And then remembering dancing with Superman and then it switches to their "kiss" -- ooooooh, and it's such a nice kiss. <g>

And the ending with the open fluttering window was just perfect.

Lovely vid, Lara. I know I'll be watching it many more times. laugh

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#248289 08/06/07 07:55 PM
Columnist
Columnist
oooh I love Carrie Underwood, my aunt had the sent the CD from the U.S (apparently the Netherlands arn't very country!)it was her favorite cd and I can't blame her!

Thank you for showing me why I always like your vids!!! This one was well... WOW

I know it's been said before, but I love the idea behind the vid saying good-bye to Superman to have Clark. And the end.. (believe me Lois you made the right choice wink ) the kiss and then the window... the word perfect has ben used and I'll just agree with that!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#248290 08/07/07 02:30 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Awwww!! You guys are making me all teary-eyed this morning with your comments. *hugs* Thank you so, SO much!!

You know... I wish I could take credit for the whole idea - but I really can't. When Lisa requested that I do this song for her, she also gave me an idea of the direction this should take -- Lois saying goodbye to Superman at the end of WWW so that she could be with Clark. That was all her idea, not mine. I just made the story fit with her concept.

Laura - thanks! I know exactly what you mean, we're so used to knowing that Clark is Superman that it's easy to forget that for a good long while Lois didn't know that he was. I'm real glad I could make you see it through her perspective. smile

symbolicangel - thank you!! I'm happy you enjoyed watching the vid. I agree, the music at the very beginning is almost haunting - I get that feeling every time I hear it. It's such a gorgeous song!!

Sue - weee! thank you! You balanced the notebook on your knees for this? ...boy, the things we do for this fandom. *lol* I'm touched that you felt it was worthy of the acrobatics you had to perform to be able to see it. smile1

DJ is back! laugh Yay! Thank you for the comments, they mean a lot to me. I'm thrilled that you liked it!

Camy - aaawww! thank you!! And yes, I think Lois made the right choice, too. Especially since it's *that* Clark. *giggles* He's a lot hotter than the other ones. hehehehe!

#248291 08/08/07 04:16 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Little late...

I love the different perspective placed into this piece. The music is so powerful and it matches the clips soooo well. I haven't seen many (if any) videos where Lois is just chosing Clark (not both him and Superman). It is basically just like how she found out in the series and came to her choice. Little did she know she could have her cake and eat it too. smile

Well done! Great clips, transitions. Loved it! More soon! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.