Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#248145 07/09/07 03:24 AM
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
<nervous giggle> I've had all sorts ideas for videos but I lacked the expertise and, frankly, the nerve, to try and make one. It seemed so complicated and involved and I have a very low patience threshold.

I've been MIA because I've been remodeling my kitchen which necessitated borrowing my brother's truck. He had the Mika CD in the player and I flipped out when I heard this song. OMG! I *saw* it - completely saw it as a L&C song and I just had to try. So I pestered DJ into holding my hand and explaining in detail how to do the darn thing. This was done in bits and pieces over the last week and a half when I would sit down late at night, utterly exhausted, and try to squeeze in a few minutes more of coherence.

Here's the result. Be kind, it's my first (and possibly last) effort. It's a lot easier to make words bend to your will than to time a friggin' video. My utmost admiration goes out to everyone else who make this look so easy.

Any Other World

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#248146 07/09/07 03:32 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, never mind...

I had a smart remark to make about not being able to see the link, but you fixed that before I could post - darn. laugh

You know how awesome I thought this vid was, right? Especially for your first one!!! But that aside, this vid was awesome all on its own. I've never heard the song before, but you were right... it was perfect for a Tempus vid.

<hugs>

And I didn't have to hold your hand too much, you were a quick study!

Brava, Sue! And this had better not be your last attempt. Don't make me get the whip. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#248147 07/09/07 05:23 AM
Columnist
Columnist
When I saw you made a video I just had to watch it.. your stories are always so great so I was curious how your videos would be wink

..and it really was a great video!! I like how it envolves around the tempus episodes laugh

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#248148 07/09/07 06:27 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wow ... I'm speechless ... and it's so unfair that you are not only a great writer but also a great vidder *booohoooohooo* whinging . no, sorry ... just kidding with the last part wink but the video is really fantastic hail

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#248149 07/09/07 08:08 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, well, well... isn't this the woman who said she couldn't do videos? I don't remember the exact words from the Alt-Kerth ceremony, but it went something like not being able to make a vid to save her life - or something.

AH!!!!

That was actually really good, miss S. Especially considering it's your first try, I say you did really very well!! You're going to have to make more of these, now... Though I won't insist too much: I've caught the vid bug big time and as a result, in the last two weeks, I've made 3 vids but haven't written a single line of text - we don't want that to happen to *you*! (I'm a little more expandable, you'd be way too sorely missed!!)

Well done, Sue!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#248150 07/11/07 03:08 AM
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Well, well, well... isn't this the woman who said she couldn't do videos? I don't remember the exact words from the Alt-Kerth ceremony, but it went something like not being able to make a vid to save her life - or something.
Heh. And now that I've proved my point, you can quit teasing me about it. <g>

Thanks guys for taking the time to leave FDK! This was seriously harder for me to do than *anything* I've written. Words are easy - technology is hard.

Now I'm off to finish painting the rest of my house before the new carpet arrives. By the end of the month I'll have that glorious thing I used to refer to as "spare time" back. It was very nice to take a break and find your comments. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#248151 07/12/07 09:26 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Heh. And now that I've proved my point, you can quit teasing me about it.
Never! goofy

Seriously, that was good. It was different and the music really played well with the scenes. It wasn't Waffy or Dramatic. It was more matter of fact kind of video, a kind we don't get to see too often. My only critique is not to have such a long opening title card. If you are waiting for words during the musical interlude, put your thanks or credits right after that. Just my two cents wink

Well done smile I hope you "try" again soon because I really liked your first video.

"Say goodbye..."

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#248152 07/12/07 03:54 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Darn it, Sue, can't you be bad at *something*? wink

Wonderful vid! And you've got me completely obsessed with this song. Puh-leeeez make more!!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#248153 07/19/07 01:03 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Can't make a vid??? *blows raspberry* This is a lovely vid!

I agree that vid creation is very time consuming though; I've got one or two idea of my own that just aren't going anywhere because I know how long it will take. But I'm so glad you did this one!

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard