Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hello all! Bubbles here. I thought in honor of the alt-Kerth ceremony tomorrow, that I would post a new video today. <g> I've been plagued by this one for several months. Every time I heard the song it just called to me. I think when you hear the very first verse you'll understand why. <g>

I hope you enjoy! The song title is Dare You To Move and is by Switchfoot. It's sort of a story about Clark (all first season) --

Dare You To Move

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, I love that song and this was a wonderful video done to it, 'Bubbles'! wink Well done! clap

I particularly liked the very short, fast clips during the drum roll. laugh Awesome.

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I like it! The "welcome to the planet" part made me smile. That was cute. I also really liked the "between how it is and how it could be, between how it is and how it should be" part.

The whole video was very clever. I enjoyed watching it. smile

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
Columnist
Columnist
I really liked it! You picked some really great clips. They went along with the lyrics nicely. Well done!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
DJ here... Bubbles had a few too many after the AltKerths and can't formulate coherent sentences. LOL.

Thanks for the fdk Anna, Lauren, and Symbolic. I'm so glad you all liked it. And you picked some of my favorite parts to comment on. Thanks. It had plagued me for a while now, I feel better now that I got it done. <g>

-- DJ laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is why you are the best new vidder wink

Well done. The beats and transitions rock and I just love the different kind of song used for Lois and Clark. Well done! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is why you are the best new vidder [Wink]
blush blush blush

Awww, Kelly, thank you!

Well done. The beats and transitions rock
Thank you again! Glad you liked it.

-- DJ

Merriwether
Merriwether
Kerth-nom worthy lyrics/image match

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ee! I had to pause it midway and tell you how much I loved the bit with them kissing on Trask's plane and then how it speeded up. It totally caught me by surprise and worked so well! Okay. Back to watching. And the "where do you run to escape from yourself" *pauses again* And the fast parts on the drum! So cool!

Good parting shot... Woody's right. I wouldn't be surprised to see an alt-kerth nom for it!

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DJ! I saw this with Jessi when I was in Alaska - I meant to tell you how much I liked it, but I got sidetracked and forgot... I just watched it again - I really do like what you did with the song - very, very nice! laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
Great vid! It had never occurred to me that that song could work for LnC (though I think The Mummy was still my main obsession while it was on the radio, anyway), but you made it work wonderfully!

Great clip choices, and I love the fastforward thing you did!

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oooooh! Looky, looky! More fdk!

Hi Woody! I've missed seeing you around here! blush Kerth-nom worthy? Wow! Thank you so much!

Hi Laura S! Hee hee... I'm glad you liked the speeding up part. I wanted to fit that kiss in there and yet, I wanted her to be falling out of the plane when the lyrics said "welcome to the fall out" - so I thought 'why not a little fast forward'. Glad it worked. laugh Yay, you enjoyed the beats. Thanks. They are hard to do, but really fun and they really pay off when you get them right. blush Awwww, thanks!

Hi Lara! Thank you! I'm so glad you had such a good time in Alaska with Jessi, and thanks so much for the fdk - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hi Jessi! Ooooh, thanks. You know, that song wouldn't have been my first pic for a vid... but that first line grabbed me. And then everytime I heard the song after that, another part would grab me and a scene would flit through my head. Glad you liked it. Thanks for the fdk!

Thanks again everyone!

-- DJ

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
DJ - er, Bubbles - you were right, I actually laughed at the first verse, it was so perfect! Another great video - you're going to have to start a portfolio!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hee hee hee - thanks Lisa! It was that first verse that kept begging Bubbles to make it into a vid. <g> Glad you enjoyed it.

-- DJ

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard