Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks to Shadow, I managed to find the transparency feature on my photo program. And this weekend I was able to play with it a bit. Anyway, problem is that I also found something called 'negative'. As a result, I made two similar posters for my story Lost In Time and I can't figure out which one I like best.

So I need your help. Which one is better?

Okay, first the one not using the 'negative' feature:

[Linked Image]

The second one is using the 'negative' feature:

[Linked Image]

So which one works (assuming, of course, that either of them do)?

I'd appreciate your help in determining which one looks better. Sometime my eye is pretty good at recognizing art - other times... blush

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Merriwether
Merriwether
First one is better. Second one is like looking at an LCD screen from a bad angle.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
First one, ML.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, I agree with the others: FIRST ONE!
The idea was nice but the result looks scary wink

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
At first, I agreed with everyone else and my inclination was to go with the first one. But then I got to thinking that the second had a kind of spooky quality that said 'lost in time' to me. In the second one, Lois and Clark are clearly not 'in sync' with normality, out of phase...whatever euphemism you want to use for lost in time. goofy

So, the first one is easier on the eye, for me. But the second more completely embraces the idea.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Second one. I'm a sucker for that negative effect, as people who watch my vids will tell you goofy .

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Columnist
Columnist
I'm with Labrat.

The second one screams lost in time and gives me an odd feeling.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, so now we have a tie (you guys aren't helping very much - next time try to all have the same opinion, okay laugh ).

But I think I'm having the problem you all seem to be having. The first one is more pleasing to look at, but the second one seems to tell more of a story.

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, I'm in good company! I love the cleanliness of the first one, but the second one has a conceptual quality to it...like maybe you captured the moment in time when they 'leap'...

And if I make a border, I personally like to make a box with a really thick outline to encompass the work, but there are at least two other ways I can think of–dropping a solid box underneath that's bigger than the design, or making a border out of 4 individual rectangles that each run along a side...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Second one. It works better with the story. <g>

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
(you guys aren't helping very much - next time try to all have the same opinion, okay [Big Grin] ).
rotflol rotflol

Sorry about that, ML. I'm very, very ashamed. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think the second one works better with the theme of the story. You might want to try playing with the colors of the text though--the blue seems to run together a bit.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
SURREAL. I think that's a good word to describe the 2nd poster. It feels very surreal. The first poster is nice but the second one kind of sends a shiver up the spine. <g> I think it works better with the story. But I do like the first one...

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Great, my site is down grumble . Hopefully it will be back shortly - hence, restoring the posters.

In the mean time, thanks for everyone's help. So... it seems poster number two is winning - thanks, at least in part to Labrat's explanation of the poster. Hey, do you think that means that I need to add Labrat's explanation to the poster so that people will see how truly brilliant it is? laugh

ML wave

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard