Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
So I was playing around with my new video editing software and thought that in order to motivate Sue to post that final part I'd make another trailer for that wonderful story of hers. Now that we're further along in the plot I was able to give it a new angle.

P.S. If you don't want the music to cut off so abruptly at the end, I recommend downloading the file.

FFT: Platonic (2)

Music:
1) "Secret Garden" - Bruce Springsteen
2) "Mend" - Jann Arden (with Jim Cuddy)

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh C_A! This was beautiful! I know Sue will just love it...

As for this...

thought that in order to motivate Sue to post that final part I'd make another trailer for that wonderful story of hers
You don't know how close you are to seeing that final part. <g> I've done 2 betas on it now for the PG side and it's incredible. I think Sue is just futzing with it to get it to her level of "just right". I believe very strongly that if you don't see it posted today... you'll see it posted within the next couple of days. <g>

But what a cool trailer... I loved the voice effects and how nicely the music blended.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Very nice trailer! I loved it, except for the effects on the voices. I had to watch it many times because I didn't understand what they were saying at first. I am not english native speaker, and I am not good with spoken english. So, when the voices are weird, I don't understand a thing!

But now that I did understand, I think it was a wonderful trailer! Good job! I hope it will convince Sue to post the last part wink

I know the first song you used (secret garden), but I never heard the second one. What is it? I like it.

Columnist
Columnist
Very nicely done!! wink I loved the voice-overs.

I just can't wait for the final part of the story!! I hope it will come on the message boards very soon wink

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahhh! That WAS beautiful! I think my favorite part was the voice overs in the beginning, I'm not even sure why. It just seemed to fit. And the songs were just perfect for the trailer. Thanks for that extra bit of motivation for Sue.... I think I might go reread Platonic now. goofy

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Kerth
Kerth
C_A!

I was beyond delighted when I woke up this morning to find an urgent note from DJ in my email to tell me to check out the boards. I let out a little squeal. Then I threw on a jacket over my pj's and went to my office at 6:30 a.m. so I could download the vid without having to wait until tomorrow. And it was soooooo worth the trip!

Thank you so much - I know I teased you about making me another vid, but I wasn't in earnest! It was, however, a very nice push and it convinced me to just post already and quit picking at the final part.

I didn't recognize the second song, but I thought "Secret Garden" was an inspired choice and I adored (ADORED!) all of the voiceovers. Perfect. Absolutely, utterly perfect.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it more than you could ever know. <sniffle>

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Very quick note (I realize I should have included it in the OP): the first song is, as you all noticed, "Secret Garden" by the Boss and the second one, one of my all time favs, is "Mend" by Jann Arden.

And, Sue: you're very welcome. smile

Fanfic | MVs

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, C_A, I love the scenes and the voice overs and the music and the text inbetween - so, yeah, you could say, I kinda liked this trailer laugh

So, okay, honestly, it was absolutely great, sweet yet heart-wrenching!
It's definitely a worthy representative of the story!

Jana

PS: Would you recommend your new editing software? These days, both Studio and Premiere were driving me nuts, so it's time for something new... especially with these cool effects thumbsup

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Columnist
Columnist
Loved it. It was so great and fitted the story perfectly. Loved it even better than the first one and I loved the first one too.

C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
But what a cool trailer... I loved the voice effects and how nicely the music blended.
Thanks, DJ! I did have to loop "Secret Garden" so that it was long enough and I was worried about how well that worked out, but it seems to have worked just fine.

Very nice trailer! I loved it, except for the effects on the voices. I had to watch it many times because I didn't understand what they were saying at first. I am not english native speaker, and I am not good with spoken english. So, when the voices are weird, I don't understand a thing!
Sorry about that, poussin. frown I don't really know what to say except that I didn't think it would be a problem for non-native English speakers. huh

I loved the voice-overs.
That WAS beautiful! I think my favorite part was the voice overs in the beginning, I'm not even sure why. It just seemed to fit
Thanks, another folc and Laura. I do love voice-overs and use them quite a lot, admittedly.

I was beyond delighted when I woke up this morning to find an urgent note from DJ in my email to tell me to check out the boards. I let out a little squeal. Then I threw on a jacket over my pj's and went to my office at 6:30 a.m. so I could download the vid without having to wait until tomorrow. And it was soooooo worth the trip!
Okay, you're making me feel a little guilty for getting you to go to the office on your day off. Next time, I'll wait for Monday to post something smile . I'm very happy you liked it, and I'm glad it motivated you to post the final part (which I loved, as you know!)

Jana, thanks so much. I used Ulead Video Studio 8 for this one and the thing I like about it, compared to WMM, is that it allows for more audio editing. I think VS 10 has even more features, but I'm not sure. I do think it's better than WMM but not ideal.

Tahu, glad you liked it. smile

Thanks, all, I really appreciate the feedback.

Fanfic | MVs

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard