Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#247408 04/21/07 10:02 AM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hello all. When I saw the fdk thread that was reawakened for "A Gift for Life" and saw all the good comments I decided it was something I should read. It had been written well before I had ever come to the boards.

So I sat down and read it and was completely blown away by it. I sniffled, teared up, laughed, whimpered, smiled, and cried. I was so moved that I knew I just had to do a trailer for it.

I assumed that someone had probably already done a trailer for this but I knew I had to do my own trailer anyway. So I didn't look first. Once I got my trailer all done and ready to post, I went to see if another trailer had been done.

It had. Poussin did an amazingly beautiful and awesome trailer for this fic. You can find her trailer here.

You can find the trailer that I made here: A GIFT FOR LIFE - WMV TRAILER.

I hope you enjoy - and if you haven't read this story... what are you waiting for??? Go read it!!! HERE!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Both trailers are absolutely fantastic and fit the story perfect. The only difference in both your trailes might be, that Poussin tells right at the beginning what illness Clark has, but otherwise both trailers are great clap and if I hadn't already read the story, I would do it now!

Thanks for making the trailer hail

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Columnist
Columnist
I'd always believed the ultimate satisfaction for a fanfic writer was seeing tons and tons of comments in the feedback folders. Don't get me wrong- that is very, very satisfying. But to have a two year old thread opened and more than one new response is even more satisfying. It makes me want to write more fics!

And getting a new (a total of two! hyper clap jawdrop

SQD (I'm still... jawdrop )

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Oh, DJ! Wow, wow and wow! I'll admit I was a little unsure of the music stops in the beginning, but overall the trailer was just brilliant! Perfect song choice, *perfect* clip choices, and what I'm really, really impressed with... It's the way the emotion of the trailer - clips and title cards - seemed to swell along with the music (if that makes sense...). That's just brilliant! thumbsup

This really makes me want to read the story that's sadly been on my To Read list for too long! Two more weeks of school, and then I'm all over it!

Thanks for the awesome trailer, DJ!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
Hi DJ,

SQD beat me to it this time, but I've just watched your trailer for our story and thought it was amazing. smile

Thank you so much, both for your fdk in the fic folder and for being inspired by our words to make this wonderful trailer.

I can only repeat what SQD said... the fact that A Gift For Life is still remembered makes me feel so good about the story and the hard work and many hours we spent writing it. smile

Yours Jenni

Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
HI lcfan4ever! Thanks so much for the fdk. I'm so glad you enjoyed the trailer. Yes, I was toying with just saying right up front that Clark had cancer... <shrug> After seeing Poussin's vid though, I'm kind of glad I didn't. She named it in her vid and that's another way that the two vids can be a little different. <g> Thanks!

Hi SQD!!! Yes, tons of fdk is very satisfying. But so are vids and every so often I read one that just moves me so much that fdk just doesn't do it justice for me. So I'm glad you enjoyed your vid. Thanks.

Hi Sara! Oooooh, 3 wows! Thanks! Yeah, I was a little unsure of the music stops myself... but the muse said it should be done. <g> That was sort of how the story made me feel. I would read along for a bit and then all the sudden something would happen that would make me catch my breath. <g> That, and I really wanted the dialogue to be heard at the beginning. <g> I'm totally squeeing over the "brilliant" and "perfect".... awwww, thank you! Yes, I totally understand the "swelling with the music" thing and I'm glad it came off that way. You should DEFINITELY read this story. It was really very good. I'm excited for you! Just 2 more weeks of school -yay!!!

Thanks for that awesome fdk, Sara! <g>

Hi Jenni! Awwww! Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! That was the whole point, to try and thank you and SQD for such an amazing story. I can only imagine how long it took you guys to write that story. It was a long one... and it was wonderful.

Thanks for the fdk!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great video, DJ! I'm very glad to see a video for this story, which is one of my favorites. Thanks a lot!

Ann

M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
DJ,

Wonderful job for a wonderful story! thumbsup Yes, I read it, bawled my eyes out, then read it again. It's got a permanent home on my e-reader so that I can take it with me where ever I go. And that you for the link to Poisson's vid, too. I'm such a newbie that I haven't seen much of the older stuff.

Anyway, I'm so glad that you did this. The music went really well with the clips, and I love the scenes you chose. I also liked the rising of the music towards the end, since it made the whole video more intense. mecry

And SQD and Jenni. It's a classic story, and I can't thank you enough for the work you put into it. Just know that it's still one of the best reads in the archives. notworthy

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Columnist
Columnist
great job for this great story. Loved it. Off to watch it again. smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging

You just had to use the Fray; that's such a cryer!

I loved it. wink I'll probably read the story for the nth time later!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I felt like I was "watching" the fic.

Although I love Poussin's yours had a different twist. Well done. Sorry I don't have time for more feeback. smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my goodness! I've been a little busy and I haven't been able to watch this like I've wanted to. But now that I finally had the time... That was beautiful! And I definitely want to go read that story now, though I'm pretty sure it'll be a real tearjerker.... Anyway, thanks for making such a wonderful video and letting me know of the existence of the story. smile

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh wow! Look at all of this additional fdk! Thanks everyone!

Hi Ann. You are welcome. It's one of my favorites now too. <g>

Hi mmouse! Thanks for all that fdk. I'm so glad you enjoyed the trailer and thought the scenes and music were a good match. I agree, it is a classic - I'll definitely be reading it again.

Hi Pamela! Long time no see! Hope you are doing well. Thanks for the fdk. Glad you liked it.

Poor Jen <pat, pat>. I know. I just love the Fray's songs... they are already moving songs, but when you pair them with Lois & Clark... well... <sniffle> Glad you enjoyed it. <g>

Ooooh, wow, Kelly! You felt like you were watching the fic? How cool is that!? Thank you! What a compliment. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Laura S! Thank you. I'm so glad you found time to watch it and enjoyed it. Yes! Go! Go read it! It is a total tearjerker, you'll need kleenex, but it is so so good. You're welcome and I hope you enjoy the story. Thanks for the fdk!

Thanks again everyone!

-- DJ

Columnist
Columnist
Oh I love how you've done the clip!! Absolutely love it! I've seen Poussin's trailer to, and I love that one to (they're both great goofy )

But I actually havn't read it yet so thank you for making a new trailer and letting me know that this story exists and I'm definitely gonna read it now!!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I'm a little late but great trailer. This story is so great it definitely deservces to have a second trailer, and you did it wonderfully. I particularly love the second half of your video. Really great.

I saw that a few people made a comparison between your trailer and mine. But personally, I don't think they are too much alike. They have some similarities, right (unavoidable when we're both trying to promote the same story), but I feel like they take the story under different angles. And that is a very good thing, because that shows other aspects of the story. I feel more as if our trailers were complementing each other than looking alike.

Bravo for your work. I really enjoyed watching it.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! thumbsup

Poussin, I loved your trailer, too. This story is an all-time classic and deserves these great trailers. clap

If you didn't read this story, please, do it. I'm sure you'll love it. wink

Thank you for your job, girls. And thank you, Jenni and SQD, for this incredible story. notworthy notworthy

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
More reviews? Woo-hoo!

Hi another folc. Thanks so much. You haven't read it? dizzy Oh my gosh. You so have to go read it. It's so good. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Poussin. Awwww, thank you so much for the fdk. That was so sweet of you. I personally was so happy that our two trailers turned out different - it wouldn't be fun if they were too much alike. <g> I think yours is beautiful and I agree that they compliment each other. Thank you for that sweet fdk.

Hi Andreia! I've missed you! Thank you for the fdk and I'm glad I did it justice. This was the first time I had read the story and it was awesome, I'll definitely be re-reading it.

Thanks again everyone!

-- DJ

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
If you haven't read it, stop everything, take time off work, etc. and go read it right now! It is life changing, really. Just watching the trailers makes me want to go read it again. mecry

thanks!

rkn
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, DJ, that was AWESOME!
I haven't read the story but I remember watching poussin's trailer and honestly I wasn't so much into this cancer thing.

But watching your new creation and re-watching poussin's great trailer, I guess I have to re-think my decision... wink

Yor really did a wonderful job, the images matched perfectly (at least from what I know and can imagine about the story) and the song was great!

Way to go!!!

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Schnuffichen:
I haven't read the story
WHAT?????????

Originally posted by Schnuffichen:
I guess I have to re-think my decision... wink
definitely !!! - no really ... do it smile . it's one of the best stories i've read so far hail

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard