Next Thread
Print Thread
#247362 04/15/07 07:30 AM
Selinde Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hiyaa folcs smile

I was a little bored and came across this on my pc; it's something I was working on a while ago. It's my very own (and my very first blush ) Windows Media Skin. *if you don't know what a skin is --> look here .*

Ok, it's only the basic stuff, I really don't know how to make any sliders or whatever goofy

Here's a preview (without the background of course):
[Linked Image]

Here's the files: [ click ] [ click ] [ click ] [ click ] (right click and save target as)

And here's how to install it:
1. Place all the files in a map called LCskin (or any other name) in C:/Program Files/Windows Media Player/Skins/.
2. Rename the file called "LCskin.txt" to "LCskin.wms".
3. Open Windows Media Player and go to View > Displays (I think that's what it would be called in English, well, anyway, it's the third option).
4. Somewhere in the list there should be a line saying "LCskin". Double-click on it.
5. Enjoy! wink

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#247363 04/15/07 08:14 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Selinde!

This is really cool. I saved all the files to my skins folder, like you said, and changed the .txt file. I went into the media player and the skin was there and I chose it...

But...

Well, it's not working quite right. I'm missing the upper left corner of the S and the picture (and the buttons) the upper left corner is just a blank white space the shape of the left corner of the shield. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is it because I'm running the newest version of media player? Version 11? Do I need a plugin to make it work?

Thanks Selinde!

-- DJ

(Oh, and none of the buttons work for me... and when I open a file and play it, the skin goes away and it goes into "full" mode???)

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#247364 04/16/07 03:45 AM
Selinde Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hmm.. I dunno.. frown

I use version 11, so that shouldn't be the problem... I really don't know thát much about computers.. goofy

I'll try to see if I can find the problem..

I'm really sorry frown

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#247365 04/16/07 04:25 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oooo! Spiffy!

I'll hafta try this out when I get back to my room. When I do, I'll let you know how it works ^_^

I have ten, so it may not work for me as well, but very very nicey!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#247366 04/16/07 06:02 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Nice I'm gonna try if it works for me!!
You know that the 4th click doesn't work!
I can't get it to work whinging but that could be my own fault I'm not that good with computers. I'm kinda having problems with changing it from txt to wms blush the ones from the site work but that's not Lois and Clark

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard