Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Selinde Windows Media Skin - 04/15/07 11:30 AM
Hiyaa folcs smile

I was a little bored and came across this on my pc; it's something I was working on a while ago. It's my very own (and my very first blush ) Windows Media Skin. *if you don't know what a skin is --> look here .*

Ok, it's only the basic stuff, I really don't know how to make any sliders or whatever goofy

Here's a preview (without the background of course):
[Linked Image]

Here's the files: [ click ] [ click ] [ click ] [ click ] (right click and save target as)

And here's how to install it:
1. Place all the files in a map called LCskin (or any other name) in C:/Program Files/Windows Media Player/Skins/.
2. Rename the file called "LCskin.txt" to "LCskin.wms".
3. Open Windows Media Player and go to View > Displays (I think that's what it would be called in English, well, anyway, it's the third option).
4. Somewhere in the list there should be a line saying "LCskin". Double-click on it.
5. Enjoy! wink
Posted By: Matrix Re: Windows Media Skin - 04/15/07 12:14 PM
Hi Selinde!

This is really cool. I saved all the files to my skins folder, like you said, and changed the .txt file. I went into the media player and the skin was there and I chose it...

But...

Well, it's not working quite right. I'm missing the upper left corner of the S and the picture (and the buttons) the upper left corner is just a blank white space the shape of the left corner of the shield. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is it because I'm running the newest version of media player? Version 11? Do I need a plugin to make it work?

Thanks Selinde!

-- DJ

(Oh, and none of the buttons work for me... and when I open a file and play it, the skin goes away and it goes into "full" mode???)
Posted By: Selinde Re: Windows Media Skin - 04/16/07 07:45 AM
Hmm.. I dunno.. frown

I use version 11, so that shouldn't be the problem... I really don't know thát much about computers.. goofy

I'll try to see if I can find the problem..

I'm really sorry frown
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: Windows Media Skin - 04/16/07 08:25 AM
Oooo! Spiffy!

I'll hafta try this out when I get back to my room. When I do, I'll let you know how it works ^_^

I have ten, so it may not work for me as well, but very very nicey!
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: Windows Media Skin - 04/16/07 10:02 AM
Nice I'm gonna try if it works for me!!
You know that the 4th click doesn't work!
I can't get it to work whinging but that could be my own fault I'm not that good with computers. I'm kinda having problems with changing it from txt to wms blush the ones from the site work but that's not Lois and Clark
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards