Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#247132 03/31/07 10:53 PM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
As we've mentioned last night during the Kerths - shame on you if you missed our little announcement wink - you all will be thrilled to know that there is going to be a ceremony for the Alt-Kerths this year. As we pondered over everything that's eligible, it appears that we have more than enough to continue all the fun. As it is, we have even decided to stray away from all things fanfic related. We have enough creative FoLCs to make up all the categories.

So if you have a great talent for Music Videos, Trailers, Icons/Banners, Motivational Posters, or any other kind of art, you might be up for an award! Eligibility runs from May 1, 2006 till April 30, 2007. If you have posted anything in that time, it is now eligible. We have already pulled together a list, and will post that soon. If we have forgotten something you made, or want something not to compede, you will have to let us know after the list is published.

We figured there was also a need for a theme again. After long negotiations, we have decided on... <insert drummroll here> The Prankster! He made a brief appearance last night, and promised us that he will be present at the ceremony... with some pranks! So it looks like it will be tons of fun again. Mark your calenders: June 23 is the date for all this fun.

As we have one more month to go, we have also decided that it would be fun to issue a challenge. I'll explain more about that in another post . But Kyle Griffin gets his very own category and we want *you* to contribute to it.

Well, I think that's all you need to know for now. We'll keep you updated about our progress.

I suppose we have some new friends here who are not yet familiar with this great phenomenon. Take a look around this marvelous site . But this is the site for this year. Questions? Just ask us and we'll do our best to answer them. smile

The Alt-Kerth Committee
~Anna, Rachel, Sara and Saskia

PS. For now we are ignoring any and all requests for a broken chairs category. laugh

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I figured it was time for a little update again.

First of all, a big reminder. There are only three days left to get your stuff posted and have it eligible for this year's awards. So come on, you know you want to show off. goofy

A logical result from that is that we are working hard to get the website updated. Most eligibles have been gathered, but it takes some time to get it uploaded to the site. So please be patient with us. Especially since half of the committee is swamped with college and the other half is just plain busy. We'll let you know when the update'll take place.

We have also been discussing categories, and there's one where your opinion can be used. Kerth Presentations. We are aware that they are a great succes and that people really like this one. But this year, we really are focussing on just the creative talents of FoLCs regarding painting, photoshopping and vidding. So presentations don't entirely fit in anymore, and the possibility is that we drop it. Thoughts on that?

And as I am asking for opinions, how do we feel about quizzes? Are they needed? And if so, are there volunteers?

The Alt-Kerth Committee
~Anna, Rachel, Sara and Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard