Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#247097 03/19/07 09:07 AM
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Wow, it's been a while since I've posted a vid. I've wanted to do this one for a while, but I was having trouble finding enough clips. I finally figured out what I wanted to do and how I wanted to do it. Hope you enjoy, although I won't blame you if you don't wink .

Why Don\'t You Love Me
Music: Amanda Marshall

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Nice video, C_A! It really makes you feel for Mayson. And goodness, I didn't realize there were so many clips of her!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, I think I just felt more pity for Mayson Drake in that one video than throughout all of season 2! That was really well done and the clips were so well chosen. I don't remember the line exactly--- but when she sang that she was talking to air, and it showed Clark leaving Mayson hanging at dinner, well it was just so well put! Plus I really did feel so sorry for her. When I'd watch the episodes, I'd get so frustrated by her I'd hate her with a passion, but seeing this made me remember how she never stood a chance against Lois Lane! Anyway, great job. smile

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks, you two smile . I realize Mayson's nobody's favorite person around here, but the song fit her so perfectly. I had to use it.

Wow, I think I just felt more pity for Mayson Drake in that one video than throughout all of season 2!
Aww, thank you. That was my intention. The poor woman couldn't catch a break really. Yes, she was a plot contrivance introduced for the sole purpose of keeping our heroes apart, but I did feel sorry for her, especially since she was just so oblivious to the fact that Clark wasn't interested. And then they killed her off.

And goodness, I didn't realize there were so many clips of her!
Believe me, it was a challenge finding enough clips. Since I didn't just want to use any scene with her in it, I looked for moments on the show where some kind of emotion transpired between her and Clark or her, Clark and Lois. At the same time, I wanted it to be from her perspective, so I couldn't use too many with Lois in them, unless they were to emphasize that the reason he doesn't love her (Mayson) is Lois. You'll notice that when the singer goes, "Why don't you love me the way I love you?" I have Clark looking away from Mayson at Lois. wink

I'm sure that's more than you ever wanted to know about my thought processes behind creating this vid wink .

Fanfic | MVs

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, C_A, this song was soooo beautiful.
I'm this kind of touchy-feely, so you hit my nerve wink

Yeah, I didn't particularly like Mayson but I enjoy the few times when someone spent time to chose an unconventional POV - it's really a challenge... from the lack of scenes until the fact that they're not so straight forward like the "happy ever after" tearjerker with L&C smile (I've tried some Lex and even Deter vids and gave up in despair grumble )

And honestly, I liked your explanations about the video making process. These guys like Spielberg and Jackson do "behind the scenes" interviews on their DVDs - so why not reading some of your backround? thumbsup

Anyway, way to go! clap

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks, Jana smile .

Fanfic | MVs

Merriwether
Merriwether
That was great. I actually focused beyond the music and on your clip selection.

It was really touching and I like how you chose clips that showed her feelings for Clark. I never really 'looked' at Mayson. She was pretty and I never let myself admit that. I wasn't one for her hair - it was always a bit off. I always though the clothes she wore did not suit her body/the suits wore her not that other way around. I never liked the shoes and skirt combo. Something just always looked wrong.

The clarity of the video was great and it clip seclection wasn't choppy so it was easy to watch.

The song choice fit the theme in such a great way!

party

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Columnist
Columnist
wow, this really made me look at Mayson very diffently. Really nice job on the vid!!!
Plus a friend of mine is real fan of the singer now I'm just gonna have to ask, if she also has this song on cd :p

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent work!! I really don't like Mayson much at all (eh.) but this was such a great vid! Makes me wonder if I wouldn't have liked her - if she hadn't been after Clark, of course. wink Yep, this almost makes her likeable!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks you guys smile . Wow, a video making Mayson likeable? That's quite a compliment! Thank you. love

Fanfic | MVs

Features Writer
Features Writer
*sputter* Why did no one tell me of a mayson video before now?? *unashamed Mayson fan*

I really loved this laugh Of course, being a fan of one of the least liked characters in the series, it wasn't hard too laugh But man, I really do feel for the girl. Lesigh. Guilty only of being in love with some one who's heart was already taken!

And I loved the way you had Clark remisicing in the end there. Very nicey laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I just saw your comments, Cat. Thanks so much. I'm really happy you liked it. I like Mayson, too. And I'll go even further and admit that I also don't hate Dan /me ducks flying tomatoes

Fanfic | MVs

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard