Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wow, Gerry!

This is great. I love Anna'a raw emotions; her childhood is so sad. She has some similarities to Clark; feeling like a freak, an outsider, not understanding why she was so different. I just love that even though they were similar, they have turned out so differently. Dealt with things so differently. He grew to accept himself and use his powers to help, even when he didn't understand why he had them. At that same time, she was growing more ashamed of who she was, it seemed, never wanting anyone to know. Never wanting to openly help.

The recollection for her of conversations w/ her mother where they talk about her "talent" was beautiful.

And her struggles to understand who she was, and how Clark affected it was fantastic:

When you appeared and I realized we had the same powers, I lost my mythology. I wasn’t a human experiment, a human being. Instead, I was an alien from outer space. I was a little green man...okay, woman. There was nothing my parents could say or do to make me see that I was the same person after that revelation. How could I be? I wasn’t me anymore."
It's just a great great section! Well done!

~NICOLE smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like the multiple revelations, Anne's childhood, her reasons for not contacting Superman, David connecting Clark and Superman.

All very well done and believable.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup Take a DNA test!

"Oh...my...god." David’s heart jumped into his throat. "Breathe. Slow down. Count to ten..." David listened to his heart slowly return to its normal rhythm. "Clark Kent is Superman," he whispered. "I don’t think I’m supposed to know that." He shook his head.
thumbsup Bingo!!!

Get back here! hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
"Clark Kent is Superman," he whispered. "I don’t think I’m supposed to know that."
Giggle. I loved that the first time I read it and I love it just as much now. It's a great response.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow David get a grip! Story is good keep it coming. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, you know how much I like your story, Gerry, and this is such a moving part. This especially:
-oh, god please let me be able to die
The most powerful line in your story, I think - its implications, both for Anna, and, by extension, for Superman, too, as well as for the people who love them, staggering.

c.

Top Banana
Top Banana
You're definitely going to give CC Aiken a little competition in the "new characters" part of next year's Kerth competition with Anna and David. YOu can't help but feel for them!

Post again reallly reeeaalllly sooooooon!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Top Banana
Top Banana
sorry hit the button 2x/s

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Gerry

Another superb part! smile1 Please post it soon.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, I'll make this one short: love how David figures everything out, love his 'not supposed to know'-comment, love the bits of Anna's childhood and family history.

That was an interesting chapter with some things to really think about. Like for example, how'd you feel if you learn from the media that you're not human but extra-terrestrian and that there's someone like you out there? I like Anna, because you picture her as a different kind of 'hero', a person who is not controlled by her abilities/powers/talents.

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Thanks for the comments. It's interesting how sometimes a writer has one view of a character while the readers sees something else.

Nicole wrote::
I love Anna'a raw emotions; her childhood is so sad
Funny, in my mind, Anna had a good childhood, as good as any one who is the only sister to four brothers. goofy Check out what Lois says in part thirteen. I have more to say about this, but maybe I should wait.

LOL Maria. Never thought of Lois lending Anna the suit. But does Anna want to put on a suit?

Yikes, I keep pressing the wrong buttons today and what I've written has landed in cyberspace (or the nearest trash can.)

I had written all these nice things to the rest of you, but I've lost them. I don't get it. I have a bit of a fever, but that shouldn't affect my typing fingers. So why am I losing everything?

Sorry, am too muddled. Suffice it to say that Bettina's comments let me know that I'm on the right track.

Thanks James, Laura, Tricia, Chris (I'm flattered), and my supporters ML and Carol.

Why don't we get the whole thread when I'm editing the post? :rolleyes:

I'm posting Part Thirteen and then I'm going back to bed because I've forgotten all the intelligent things I was going to say. dizzy

It's a long one...and then one more.

gerry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard