Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
If you're not reading this, you really should be.

FFT: Platonic by Sue S.

ETA: Fixed the link. Sorry about that.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great trailer!! Wow! smile Nice choice of music and the images really work. What a great way to start the day!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ack! C_A! That was totally awesome! Loved the voice over clips (you're the queen at that) and all the scenes you chose. Sue is going to be so excited. Just between you and me, she's been lacking a little motivation. I've sent the pointy stick men after her though and with this vid, I'm sure something will be gracing my inbox soon. <g>

I'm not sure Sue can access this link from work but I'll make sure she gets it. Yeah!!!

Great job! (Oh, and I love that song by SnowPatrol)

dance -- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Kerth
Kerth
C_A!!!!

Just when I think I couldn't possibly worship and adore you any more than I already do, you go and sneak this one in on me.

I never thought this fic could have a trailer. There was just too much... camping. I will never discount your creative genius again. Wow!

<very long and contented sigh>

You know what? This was perfect. Perfect scenes, perfect titles, perfect bits of dialogue, absolutely perfect song choices.

Thank you, C_A, for making me cry (tears of joy!). I've been stuck in a rut for the past couple of weeks and haven't done squat on the story. I start out every night with the best of intentions but I'm easily distracted by anything shiny or, you know, the fame-whores on American Idol. blush

I'm feeling much more inspired now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! notworthy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Oh. Wow. Brilliant, C_A! I SO teared up at that! *snuffle* I know I really should be reading Platonic, and I want to... I'm going to... but dang that school and Kerth Reading List! I'll definitely have to see if I can work it into my busy schedule now, though!

At first, I wasn't too keen on the white title cards with the stills, but it ends up working really well. goofy

Speaking of Chasing Cars... curse you for using it!! wink I have a trailer in the works and that was one of my picks for the second half of it! *pout* But you know what? I think it works WAAAAY better here that it would have in my trailer (which I'll hopefully finish sooner rather than later.

Well, done, C_A!! clap

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
a great video for a great story. Fitted the story perfect. I loved it.

smile1

C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Lara, I'm happy you liked it. Thanks for pointing out the broken link. I usually check, but this time I didn't and, well. It figures.

DJ,

Sue is going to be so excited. Just between you and me, she's been lacking a little motivation.
You have shown her the motivational poster thread, right? I mean, how much more motivation does a person need? goofy Thanks for the nice comments.

Sue, I'm really happy you liked it. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the story and am enjoying it a lot. smile I'm glad this little trailer inspired you. So, when's the next part? laugh

Sara,

The first song you chose is great! Can I ask what it was?
"Cuzco" by ES Posthumus. They're my go-to band for trailers (mine and Hollywood's).

Speaking of Chasing Cars... curse you for using it!!
Hee! wink Well, there's no law that says you can't use it, too. Honestly, it's so funny. I have yet to meet a person who does not adore that song. Even the fact that it's been totally overplayed hasn't yet been able to ruin it for me.

Tahu, thanks for commenting. Glad you liked it.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Kerth
Kerth
You have shown her the motivational poster thread, right? I mean, how much more motivation does a person need?
Alas, I'm having problems bringing up that thread. All those (no doubt) hysterically funny and inspirational posters are just gif markers to me. thumbsup

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You have shown her the motivational poster thread, right?
Heh. She posted one there - remember 'Breakfast in Bed'? (Because every day is mother's day at her house - ha ha). Actually though, she can't see most of the pictures posted there because her server at work blocks sites like photobucket.

However, I do occasionally download some of the good ones and send them to her... you know... for inspiration. <g>

Actually she promised me that she would have the next part for me to look at sometime today - yippee!

Anyway, I loved the trailer. I had been toying with the idea of making one myself - now I don't have to (the height of laziness...wait around until someone else does it. <g>)

Thanks C_A!!!

-- DJ

***EDIT**** Sue! I've sent you some of the good, juicy ones!!! I've been trying to be a good little beta. <g>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This is really great, C_A! You always make such enticing vids. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging

Can I tell you how much I freaking worship Chasing Cars? Forget the rest of the world, it's the most overplayed song in my apartment let alone everywhere else LOL! I've just always thought it was one of those 'Lois and Clark' songs so this was perfect. (I'm not crazy right?...Do other people hear songs and automatically think, this needs to be in a video?) wink

Anyway great job.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
clap

And of course I read the story and I'm waiting for the next part wink

Barb

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I'm not crazy right?...Do other people hear songs and automatically think, this needs to be in a video?
No, Jen, I do this, too. And what's more, once someone makes a really good video, that song is forever branded. Like DJ's "What Hurts the Most" video. That song was written for L&C, I swear it. (/me runs off to watch it now!)

lisa in the sky with diamonds
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I'm not crazy right?...Do other people hear songs and automatically think, this needs to be in a video?
LOL! You have no idea, Jen! This summer I got to hang out with Doranwen, BanAnna, Hatman, and Kaylle... I swear, 80% of the songs we listened to, someone said, "OMG we should so vid this." Well, it was more like, "Anna! You have to vid this!" but we tried to spread the love. goofy

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome trailer. The pictures were all just right, and the voice-overs were *brilliant.* Excellent work -- and if it's helping to motivate Sue, then so much the better! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great vid!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Outstanding video for an outstanding story. thumbsup

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awesome video! I found the fic yesterday and now I'm in love with that and your video too.

Hugs from Brazil

Can you read my mind?
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
this is such a great vid!

i had been hoping that someone would use Chasing Cars for L&C soon - & you did such an awesome job!

thanks!

shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Merriwether
Merriwether
I watched it and I like the music selection. I also like the gray background and black font selection.

*sniffle* must read story again.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard