K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
You're welcome, Wendy. Glad to help. smile

Okay... when I wasn't laughing, I was "AWWWWWW"ing. So I left most of those out. laugh

He didn’t hang around once he’d deposited Lois in front of her apartment building. For one thing, she thought he was supposed to be answering a cry for help. For another... he didn’t know what to say.
Well, no kidding! "Here's your shovel back, I don't think I'll need it any longer. Can't dig any deeper than that." ... Just a suggestion. wink

He’d never intended to scare her. But it was too late to undo the damage now. Not without undoing the rest of what he’d done, too. If he reverted back to his normal Superman manner, she’d realise that it had all been an act. And, knowing Lois and her Superman crush, there was even a chance that she’d forgive him. He couldn’t risk that.
Argh!!!!! Maybe he can dig deeper after all...

SUPER SLEAZEBALL

“To the world, he's a hero in Spandex. Gentle, courteous, the saviour of hundreds. But the truth about Superman is far from heroic. In his private life, he’s a jerk...”
Whoops! Tsk, tsk. smile1

Superman, a thug? Not so far, at least in his dealings with criminals and with the public at large. But now she knew that he was capable of overruling someone’s wishes. And of using his strength against someone.

What if he started doing that to other people?
Uh oh! You'd better write an expose, then! Forty point head line that reads something like... SUPER SLEAZEBALL.... for example. razz

He looked at her again. The shock was wearing off, he could see, and disillusionment was beginning to set in. Why hadn’t he realised he’d feel this much of a heel?
Not exactly sure... because when you shoot yourself in the foot, the heel's kinda all you got left...

His *mother* had... She pictured the very tight, very figure-hugging spandex. “I think I’d like to meet your mother.”
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She continued to study him as he sat facing her. He looked uncomfortable under her scrutiny, but said nothing. This was Clark Kent, the geeky-looking guy she’d complained about having foisted upon her, the hick from the sticks, the too-innocent-to-be-true farmboy who hid an impressive physique behind over-large clothes, too-long hair and old-fashioned glasses.
I really love this description of Clark. Can we frame it? razz )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, what she said wink

Nothing like an abject confession and grovelling to clear the air! It took me by surprise when he said he was Superman, and then even more by surprise when he admitted he was interested in her. But it seems to have worked out for him...

And yes, that was a seriously cute ending -- loved it.

Thanks for writing & posting, Wendy smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
A bit of a jerk.
That was my thought too. wink

Lois stood outside her apartment building for several moments before she realised that she was shaking.
I love this image... frown Poor Lois.

I loved the revelation, Wendy - the way he resigned himself to confessing without preparing himself or her or anything. Just... "I'm superman."

She was shallow; he was a jerk. Maybe that made them even.
LOL!! Fair is fair. <g>

“Babe,” he murmured against her lips.

“Jerk,” she whispered back.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! I join Sara in Cutest Ending camp!!! Awesome ending!!!!!

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

An excellent finish! smile1 Hopefully, there'll be another Wendy story soon.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well that was resolved nicely. What is blinkered? Never heard that expression before. I love the little humor at the end "Babe", "Jerk"! LOL! Very cute little story Wendy. I am glad Clark came clean. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
A nice little diddy. The fortress of solitude almost became just that! With Leopardskin no less!

Top Banana
Top Banana
That was cute. I like the way things came together.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Fred and Wilma -the continuing adventures

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute story! thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Since there were two threads, I combined them. smile

Great Fic, Wendy ... though you got my reaction first hand. <G> notworthy

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I like this story. Lois is very Lois, attacking Clark when she finds out who Superman really is. She's lucky she didn't hurt herself while beating on him.

And Clark's reaction to Lois's attack - to stand there and let her whack on him - is so very Clark. He made a huge mistake, and now he has to pay the price.

I have to agree that the "Babe/Jerk" ending was hysterical. It also shows that they've both worked through the emotional impact of this episode. They'll be fine. I can see them exchanging these endearments in the newsroom, then smiling privately, then refusing to explain to Perry or Jimmy or Cat what the heck's going on.

Oh, "blinkered" refers to the things horses wear to limit their field of vision so they don't get distracted by things that aren't directly in front of them. Another name for them is "blinders" and you can see them today on horse-drawn carriages in cities. It's a great metaphor for Lois, a woman who focuses on what's right in front of her and ignores the peripheral stuff (like Clark) until she trips over it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
I couldn't believe Clark told Lois he was Superman so fast, but then I realized the story was only a two-parter and you had to get on with it. hyper hyper

Thanks a lot for the fun.

gerry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great story, Wendy!

I agree with everybody else - that was a great revelation, and their reactions very believable.

Lois gets out of her apartment - acts first, and then realizes she's reacting: shaking. She runs to Clark. Where else would she possibly go? And he realizes it - she's run to him, not to collaborate on the story to end all stories, but because he is her support system.

And he had to tell her the truth. He didn't even have to think about it, he knew
“I had to. You came here looking for comfort, expecting me to sympathise with you over what Superman had done to you. I’d have felt like a hypocrite if I’d continued pretending that we’re two separate people. I did that to you. I had to take responsibility for my actions.”
I thought this exchange:
“I’d feel a lot better if I thought you’d actually get a couple of bruises.”

He grimaced. “Sorry. I can’t - ever since I was about ten I couldn’t get hurt.”
was particularly revealing for Clark. Lois is angry, and she says the kind of thing people say - almost inane - when they start to take a breath from reacting, start to think. She's grumbling as she winds down: 'I can't even hurt you and you deserve it.' And Clark takes her literally: 'Sorry, I can't since I was little.' And she sort of has to do a quick mental double take, and it gets her thinking about something besides her anger. And they start to talk.

And I'm happy to cast my vote for Best Ending Lines - maybe there should be a new Kerth category? goofy

Well done! Thank you for another great story!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, Wendy. When you fix things, you fix them well! laugh I love the whole discussion, and glad that Clark fessed up (good boy *pets*). And of coruse, the last two lines were great. Once again, excellent! clap

/me quietly takes the shovel for her garden since Clark had better not be using it again!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wendy, loved it, loved it, loved it!! The cave was hilarious, the whole babe, upside down, butt patting was too funny for words, especially since Clark knew darn well she would HATE every second of it - I was seriously waiting for the Don't-mess-with-me-Lois to break free from the But-it's-Superman-and-I-idolize- him-Lois, but this was even better. I'm glad she went to Clark and I'm glad he told her who he really is. Wonderful conversation with the mingled vulnerability on both their parts, with honest disclosure and introspection, and humor.

The very final exchange "Babe" "Jerk" was the perfect ending.

Did I mention that I loved it? What's next? smile

Vicki (who misses this site and everyone on it)

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! A happy ending. laugh

Like the others said, cute last lines. thumbsup

Yvonne

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Babe, meet Jerk.

“Babe,” he murmured against her lips.

“Jerk,” she whispered back.
Love at first sight.... well, not quite. This was great! And so so funny! I like how you handled the revelation (between babe and jerk, there was some wonderful 'swine' and 'bastard'). laugh

Truly original and completely fun!

~NICOLE smile1

Kerth
Kerth
Cute Wendy... more soon? wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great story, Wendy, that was so funny, where Superman took Lois to the cave.

Top Banana
Top Banana
My favorite scene:-
Lois let a slow smile creep across her face. "Just tell me one thing, Clark. Do you always kiss like that?"

His eyes widened; she'd shocked the innocent spaceman from Kansas. But then he smiled too. "No, and you already know that."

"I do?" But then she remembered. Trask's plane. Kissing Clark goodbye - a kiss that had scorched her soul. "Oh, yes."

"You look like you need some convincing." Was it her imagination, or had his smile turned sensual?
Nice story(Superman discourages-> Lois disillusioned -> Lois seeks Clark -> Clark confesses -> Lois reluctantly forgives -> WAFFs)

Loved your lunkheadedly righteous Clark and intelligently fiesty Lois.

smile1 smile cool

~ Ankit

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard