Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#245420 12/11/06 09:30 PM
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hello everyone! It feels like forever since the last time I was here, but I've been reading around some of the forums and catching up on things, and it feels really nice to be back. I've been overwhelmed with work and school and other committments for the past few months, but with a month-long break from school and most of my weekly shows on hiatus till January, I've got some time on my hands, and I'm hoping to use up a bit of that time here in FoLCdom. smile

I'm posting here to share a trailer I made for a story I've been writing. I've been working on this story on and off since shortly after I joined the fandom about four years ago, and it's finally nearing completion. That's not to say I'll have it done any time soon, of course. I "finished" the story about a year and a half ago, and I've been editing and rewriting in leaps and bounds ever since. I've come to terms with the fact that I might be 80 when I actually finish this thing, and I wanted everyone to be aware that this trailer is teasing a story that may be a long time coming. Still, I'm posting this with the hopes that it will spur me on to finish the story sooner rather than later.

This story is nfic (though there will be a gfic version), and it is definitely not what you would call a WAFFy vignette. The trailer should speak for the rest of it.

Any and all comments, thoughts, suggestions, tomatoes, etc. are greatly appreciated, both on the trailer and on the story when it gets posted.

And without further ado... Someone to Love

~Anna

#245421 12/12/06 07:47 AM
Columnist
Columnist
jawdrop

You just like to tease us, Anna! No fair! OMG! I Looove the echo bit at the beginning. Very good on that. LOVED It.

And ACK!!! Please finish, I would really love to read this. You know that. And now that we have a taste of what's to come....*sniff* Please finish soon. I can't wait.

And OH, Loved the lyric part at the end. Very perfect part to add that. smile Now I'll just sit back and wait for the story...heh. Or email you to death about it. <g>

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#245422 12/12/06 04:43 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Intriguing storyline! I might have to take a look over the break...if, that is, you post it.

I love how you used the parts of Lois's amnesia smile

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#245423 12/12/06 04:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh, Anna! What a tease you are!

I know Rachel already said it, but I LOVED those echos at the beginning, they made my breath catch in my throat. (Poor tortured alt-Clark, sniffle, sniffle).

Look forward to your story Anna.

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#245424 12/12/06 06:56 PM
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks for commenting, you guys! I'm really glad you enjoyed the trailer, and it's great to see that people are interested in reading the story. laugh

I've done some writing today, and I think I only have a few pages left to hammer out. We'll see how it goes, but I think it's very possible that I might be ready to post before I have to go back to school in January. smile

Thanks again for the encouragement! I respond well to feedback, nagging, threats, and bribes of any kind. thumbsup

~Anna

#245425 12/12/06 10:17 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*loves* This is absolutely amazing work!!

Talk about teasing us! I really, really hope you start posting your story soon, Anna!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for early January. smile1

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
#245426 12/13/06 02:56 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I loved this trailer and I am looking forward to reading this story!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#245427 12/14/06 05:20 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
YAY!!! Anna's going to post this!!!!

It's wonderful!!!

Now if I could just get the final copy in advance... wink ...

Love the trailer!
Carol

#245428 12/14/06 11:31 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Ooh! There are a few changes from when I saw it last. They work well!! clap

And now, I'm going to be smug and go do some BRing. devil

Sara wink

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#245429 12/15/06 08:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved it! And I love alt-Clark fics. Please finish it!!! Sending pointy sticks your way... wildguy wildguy

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#245430 12/17/06 07:37 AM
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks SOOOOOOO much to everyone for the wonderful comments!! It's great to hear that people are looking forward to reading it. All comments, speculation, nagging, threatening, and begging are helpful in encouraging me to finish sooner rather than later. laugh

I've been working with a couple of BRs, including Sara, who's been pushing me to finish by BRing far faster than I can write/edit (thanks Sara!!!!!!!). I've put the story on the back burner for a couple of days so that I can finish some other things to get ready for Christmas, but I'm hoping to get back to it really soon. After working on this story for the past four years, I feel like I'm so close to finishing that I can almost taste it. drool Right now I think I'm aiming for early January, but I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again, everyone!!

~Anna

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard