Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#245405 12/02/06 03:04 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I'm done.
At first, I have to say: If you are interested in watching what I did, then you’ll find the file below.
But being a prattler, I have to explain what I did and why and how and so on.
I didn’t want this to be published as my first work cause it’s kinda my baby. I intended to start this new area of vidding with something I wouldn’t be disappointed about if it didn’t work out. I started with a song that would be pretty easy to find matching scenes for – but I quitted cause *this* special song didn’t go out of my mind (well, I didn’t try very hard wink ).
Please, don’t get me wrong: I don’t emphasize this “my-first-MV”-thing to request you to be nice to me wink – as a matter of fact I appreciate all kind of constructive criticism smile
Wah, I’m babbling...how can anyone think that listening to that might be funny?!?
So, cutting a long story short, I especially want to thank poussin (who explained this getting-avi-out-of-DVDs-thing) und Lynn (who encouraged me (maybe unwittingly) not to quit the FoLC-Productions because of some compulsive copyright fear). So, if you don’t like this, you now know who’s the one to be blamed laugh
Okay, here you go smile

We are One (16 MB)

Song: by Westlife
Video: © by Warner Bros.

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#245406 12/02/06 06:22 AM
Columnist
Columnist
*Big puddle of goo*

Ack! You made something stir up inside. I'm not suppose to have these feelings. Why? Oh, Why?

Very beautiful video! And I can't believe you almost didn't post it. Don't hide stuff like this. Post it,So you can get pretty fdk like this. <g>

Loved the video! Good job! thumbsup

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#245407 12/02/06 10:19 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Beautiful!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#245408 12/02/06 10:22 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, Rach, thanks a lot smile
I really love your work, so it means a lot to me!

Yeah, I often have these feelings of "oh my god, what if that's not right...?!?"
When I got that notification that you posted here I got like "oh great, the queen of evil vids stumbled across my sticky work" wink

Yeah, maybe I should on my work on my optimism - feedback like yours helps a lot <eg>

Lisa, thanks aswell - I'm sooo happy, you won't believe me smile

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

#245409 12/03/06 08:11 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This amazing! laugh (I can't even type properly anymore goofy )

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#245410 12/03/06 11:17 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just wanted to applaud your use of Westlife for the video. Most people in the US seem to have never heard of them.

But, Westlife was my Backstreet Boys blush

For a first-timer, your transitions are done very well. Good job.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#245411 12/03/06 06:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Uh, yep, I would be one of those who hadn't heard of them...

But lovely! What a wonderful waffy video. I'm off to bed now to dream happy dreams. laugh

Thanks for sharing Jana!

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#245412 12/03/06 07:35 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooooh, what a wonderful way to start a day -
Selinde, Capes, MR, thank you so much, guys, I'm thrilled smile1

But, Westlife was my Backstreet Boys
Ditto laugh
But my friends still wait for the day when I grow out of this boygroup phase wink

I just wanted to applaud your use of Westlife for the video. Most people in the US seem to have never heard of them.
The same applies for many artists I get to know and love here: I've never heard of Hoobastank, KT Tunstall, Yazoo or Rascal Flatts wink
But looking at my vidding schedule there are sooo many great songs to be made with Westlife (Flying without wings, Tonight, Puzzle of my heart, Uptown Girl...) - hopefully I'll find time to go to university at all laugh

Anyway, thanks again - you made my day!

Best,
Jana

#245413 12/05/06 08:23 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Awwww yay! That was so cute! I love me a really fluffy vid and I love the way this ends. Also, hearing this song brought back lots of memories. I grew up on Backstreet Boys, but once I heard my first Westlife song, I was hooked, and now I have all of their albumns. Anyways, great job!

--Fanfiction--
The cure to bad TV writing
#245414 12/05/06 03:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I'd never heard of this group, either, but I'm hooked. And the vid was pretty great, too. And here you were afraid to post.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#245415 12/05/06 05:41 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Awwwww! I loved the vid! My only complaint is that you don't have it somewhere that it can be downloaded and saved so that I can watch again and again until my eyes bug out. Any chance you'll load it here?

For what it's worth, I knew who Westlife were. <g>

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#245416 12/05/06 07:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue, I downloaded it just fine (and I'm pretty lousy at this stuff). If you are using a browser other than Internet Explorer, open the site with IE, then right click on the vid link and then click on 'save target as'. I opened it with Windows Media Player.

#245417 12/07/06 07:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just keep watching this and watching this. It's just awesome!!

#245418 12/08/06 08:53 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Oooooh, guys, I'm so sorry for not having found time yet to answer to your sweet feedback.

Thanks a lot, Sarsa, Sue and Classicalla, your comments made me sooo happy.

Well, this not-downloading thing really bothered me. I didn't understand why he wouldn't ask me whether I'd like to save the file.
I guess, I'll still have to figure out some of these things.

But I'm glad that you watched it nevertheless wink

Best,
Jana
(who is grateful to have found this wonderful community dance )

#245419 01/23/07 04:17 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi Jana!

I've never heard that song before, but I really like it! Great work smile

Nur weiter so!
Barb

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard