Hey you smile

Well, as the subject reveals, I have some questions concerning how to save a video file after finishing it.

I use Pinnacle Studio and have several different formats to choose... avi, wmv, mpg, div x, something from the real player etc.

Now: Which one should I take?

Looking at the files I loaded from here, the majority seems to be wmv but maybe someone could explain the difference to me... all I know is that I probably shouldn't choose avi cause they seem to be pretty large.

And: There are several different properties like PAL, HDV, DV and several others.

I thought about the one which offers the best compromises between file size and loss of quality... is that everything I have to consider?
Cause somehow I hardly get it under 100 MB which is a little bit too much for a 4 min vid. dizzy
(just for comparison: avi with best quality would be 800 MB...)

I hope that there's someone out there who can help me with this creepy programme... somehow I thought that actually making the vid would be more dificult than saving it afterwards...

Best and thanks!

Jana

EDIT: Wow, cool, I think, I fixed at least the file size problem. though he told me something about 95 MB to be needed on my hard drive, the file has only 7MB now (well, with the minimum quality), so maybe the programme included the space needed for the temp files or so... who knows wink
Well, what's left is the question: Which format would be the best?

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady