Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#245149 10/19/06 11:27 AM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I am so nervous! This is the first trailer I've done and this is such a wonderful story that, oh, I hope I got this right...

<DJ's vid muse shoves her roughly out of the thread>

"Ooooh, hello everyone! I'm new here! But I've come bearing gifts!!!"

<DJ tries to clasp her hand over the muse's mouth>

"Hey! I'm talking here. You do plenty of talking - all the time... and so does that other muse of yours... it's my turn. Hmm, now where was I...?"

The muse taps her head and finally smiles.

"Oh, yes, I remember now. Hee hee. I have something to share with all of you. No it's not feedback comments, or a story... I'm not that kind of muse..." She throws an irritated glance at DJ.

"DJ hardly ever lets me out to play, but I broke out! And boy do I have something to share with you!!!"

The muse grins expectantly waiting for someone to ask her what.

<DJ pokes her in the back>

"Ouch! Okay, okay. Ahem... I am finally finished with *my* creation. It was hard work, let me tell you. Since DJ never lets me out to play, I was rusty, and then I had to learn all sorts of new things, and download all kinds of stuff..."

<DJ pokes her in the back harder this time>

"OUCH! All right! Sheesh! So much for letting me have my moment here... I now proudly present... a trailer for Sue's Faustian Bargain!!!"

<DJ wrestles the muse to the floor and stuffs a sock in her mouth>

Okay, enough of that silliness... Sue!!! Thank you so much for this wonderful story. I truly appreciated the opportunity to be a beta reader on it for you. So here's a little thank you from me to you.

It's my first attempt but I hope it's still good.

P.S. - Thank you Poussin for the windows movie maker help thread that you created. It was a big help.

-- DJ angel-devil

Faustian Trailer - Large (22 mgs)

Faustian Trailer - Small (9 mgs)

Or if you don't have access to download from Rapidshare, I have also posted it to the Vid Archive:
Faustian Small Archive

And for those of you out there who haven't read this amazing story... Sue is currently posting the PG version on the boards here: Faustian Bargain TOC

For the more adventuresome (and those of age) the story is now complete on the nfic side.

And in case you hadn't seen the poster I did for this story, here's a link to the poster: Faustian Poster

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#245150 10/19/06 11:41 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Oh wow, DJ!

I don't even know what to say and I'm getting all teary-eyed... That was absolutely lovely! What is the music? It sounds familiar but I can't place it.

Thank you, sweetie, a million times over. drool

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#245151 10/19/06 11:43 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Wow is right. Gawd, DJ, that was almost as sad as the story itself. You did an amazing job.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#245152 10/19/06 12:42 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
See, DJ, I told you Sue would love it! And you were worried.

I love this trailer, and, as promised, here are the reasons why: smile

#1 Beautiful music. Like Sue, I recognize it but can't place it. You'll have to fill us in.

#2 The clips fit the story so, so perfectly. The PML clip was right on for the supply closet, the telephone call for the brain on the counter, Lois looking at Clark a little teary after she was locked in the tunnels, and where the heck did you get that underground tunnel clip? Because it had the perfect tone and atmosphere.

#3 The from life to loss scene... that is just unspeakably perfect. I will never be able to watch The Phoenix again without thinking of that brown eyed baby. whinging I swear, from watching that clip in your trailer, you'd think it really was from an episode where they had found out that Lois was pregnant.

Now I have got to go read the whole story again!

And, DJ, for heaven's sake, let your vid muse set up housekeeping. I think Supermen United could use a nice trailer... wink

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#245153 10/19/06 02:13 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow!!!! You did an awesome job for that!! I was so replaying all the scenes in my head as I watched it. Lovely!!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#245154 10/19/06 02:20 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Great job, DJ! Perfect clip selection! I love the alliteration in the titles, and I agree, the music was lovely! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#245155 10/19/06 03:02 PM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! So glad you all enjoyed it. I had a blast making it. Took me back - no seriously - way back... I had to re-read a few of those first posts. laugh

Sue, I'm so glad you loved it. After all, it was for you. And "teary-eyed" - you know I always feel accomplished if I can get *you* teary-eyed.

The music is from the soundtrack to "Pearl Harbor". I wanted to have an emotionally moving piece of music for the trailer... so I broke out a bunch of my classical CD's a while back and began playing them while I was doing other things (cleaning, driving, working) and that one just really stuck out in my mind. It really seemed to fit and wasn't too long, or too short. I'm glad you liked it.

Hi Jackie! Thank you! Almost as sad as the story? Wow, thanks. And thanks to Sue for writing such an emotionally moving fic.

Lisa! Thank you for doing that "first look" for me. It was just what I needed before I made the leap to put it out here. laugh And thank you so much for pointing out all those "little things" I tried to hard to incorporate.

1. Music from Pearl Harbor soundtrack, glad you liked it.

2. Thank you. I loved how close the PML scene was to the supply closet scene (at least in my head). And the telephone scene - yeah, that was one of the very first scenes I had picked out. That teary-eyed scene where Lois gets teary-eyed and Clark squeezes her to him - that was from Witness and I LOVE that scene - Yes, I thought it fit well with the part where she told Clark that she just wanted to be held (after she'd been trapped in the tunnels). The tunnel clip? Hee hee - that was from "Man of Steel Bars" - when the scientist takes Lois down under the city into the aquifer system to show her the 'boiling water'. Glad you liked it. I had a little 'vidder's block' trying to come up with a tunnel scene. I was pretty excited when I thought of that one.

3. Perfect? Thank you. Kudos to Sue on that one. She had that scene from the Phoenix in her head when she wrote that part. And yes, it does really seem like she was pregnant there, the little tummy rub, and then that sweet smile on Clark's face...

Oh, and just to mention one eensy, weensy, tiny little insignificant scene that I used, but I liked, right before the "supply closet" scene (the scene I used from Pheromone) there's a scene in the boardroom with Clark and Lois sitting at the table - Lois gives him a funny smirk and he shifts, it seems a little uncomfortably... I'm sure you remember that scene from before the "closet" scene when Lois tortures Clark and Perry finally says "Get to it". Hee hee. Oh and the clip comes from them asking Cat how much she had been sprayed with the Pheromone and she says "Spray? What spray? I didn't get sprayed?" Ha ha.

My vid muse is exhausted now, but who knows, once Season 4 comes out and Superman Returns comes out on DVD, she may come back for a visit. wink

Hi Jojo! Thank you so much! I'm so glad it fit so well that you could see the scenes in your head.

Hello Susan! "Alliteration" - yes, not quite the same "L" words as Sue used in her fic, but I tried to keep to the theme... laugh Glad you loved it.

Thank you all so much for the fdk. Sue gave me such a great story to work with to try my first trailer out on. I'm so glad everyone liked it. blush

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#245156 10/19/06 03:51 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Beautiful, beautiful job, Metro. I want lessons please.

wink doublel

#245157 10/19/06 07:05 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great video, DJ! And thank you so much for making it - a story as splendid as Faustian shouldn't go without a great video. I agree that the music was so fitting, and all the little scenes you had chosen were just spot-on!

And yes, like you said in the final Faustian thread over on the nfic side, now you have the perfect gift to bring to Lois and Clark's housewarming party!

Ann

#245158 10/20/06 02:27 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome, new DJ's muse! smile1

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#245159 10/20/06 03:40 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nicely done, DJ! thumbsup

My vid muse is exhausted now, but who knows, once Season 4 comes out and Superman Returns comes out on DVD, she may come back for a visit.
Well, I certainly hope so! Not just because vids this good and talented are fun, but because you do realise that it's a rule of the forum that once you have a shiny new TOC in the FoLC Productions TOC folder, you are legally and dutifully bound to fill it up?

I mean you can't leave this one little trailer all lonesome and on its own in there, can you? That would just be cruel. It needs company! Siblings! wink

So, feed that Muse more chocolate, crack the whip, and let's see more from you soon!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#245160 10/20/06 04:00 AM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh, you all are too kind. blush

Lessons Doublel? Just go to Poussin's movie maker thread and do a little reading. That's where I started at and then I just played around with the software from there. I saw your post about making a movie on a MAC... sorry, I'm no help there. Never had a MAC.

Hi Ann!

Quote: "a story as splendid as Faustian shouldn't go without a great video"

I agree. Glad you enjoyed it and liked all the scene choices. Thanks for the fdk!

Andreia! Hey there! Awww. Thank you so much! I'm glad you were able to relive the story as you watched. Perfect? blush Thank you.

Well, my muse threw on a pair of old sweats, and kicked back in my lazy boy with a big bowl of chocolate icecream and said she was taking a break - but I hid her clothes and shoes from her... so she won't be going anywhere anytime soon. wink

Hi LabRat! Thank you! And - oh no - what did I get myself into? laugh A shiny new vid TOC that needs filling? Siblings? Oh my... I don't know if I have the strength. wink You know in real life with real births, you're at least guaranteed 9 months between deliveries. wink Hee hee. But I'll see what I can do.

I filled the candy dish and got my whip... err... <DJ looks around, nope, don't have one of those> ... my newspaper out and rolled up.

Thanks so much for all the encouraging comments everyone! Wow! laugh

-- DJ angel-devil

#245161 10/20/06 08:04 AM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ack! Sue!

I was just re-reading my fdk (yes, sad, I know...) and saw that you had edited your post from before...

ETA: Okay, so when I got home last night and could turn the volume up I heard the "whispers" that you have at the end. Omg! Chills! It gave me chills! Thanks, DJ!
Hee hee. Yeah! Chills! dance I worked really hard to find those specific words and to get them to blend together like that. laugh Glad you liked it... and so excited that it gave you "chills".

-- DJ angel-devil

#245162 10/20/06 11:55 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Dj oh my God, this video was perfect. I've watched it three times so far and the end still gives me chills. I love the scences from "The Phoenix" and the scene from "Home is where the hurt is" the most. Perfect capture of the feelings and emotions.

Oh I hope your muse stays and you'll do some more. Should I send you some chocolate?

This was so great for the perfect story.

Your everlasting fan.

Pamela

#245163 10/21/06 10:53 AM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Pamela! I'm just tickled pink that you've already watched it three times... not to mention that you think it's perfect. WOW! Thank you so much for the sweet words.

My vid muse has announced her intentions to stick around and maybe try something again in the future - but for right now she's taking her due vacation... plus my writing muse kicked her out of the lazy boy because she had some new ideas to write on.

They have to be good little muses and take turns. wink

"My everlasting fan?"

Awwwww.... blush sloppy

Thanks again everyone! I loved every single comment!!!

-- DJ angel-devil

#245164 10/21/06 01:47 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ooooh! It was excellent!! thumbsup

Great choice of music and the scenes you picked work SO well for this story. Wonderful!!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#245165 10/22/06 01:50 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful...makes me feel guilty about not having my stuff ready. blush

Great scene choices DJ, and wonderful storytelling. The music fit in really well too.

Nice first video and keep up the good work. There should be more from you soon. smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be (who needs to get her muse back soon) wink

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#245166 10/22/06 04:29 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't usually watch fanvids, but I finally broke down and watched this one, just 'cause I couldn't not think about it and it was there. GREAT video, DJ. I didn't know about the whispers until I saw the post where Sue mentioned them, and I've already deleted the file. What were they whispers of?

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#245167 10/23/06 12:49 AM
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Lara! Thanks so much for the fdk and I'm so glad you liked it. Thank you!

LLWB!!! Ooooh, thank you! Good, glad I could infuse a little guilt on you - watch out or I'll send the guys with pointy sticks after you wildguy Ha ha! Just teasing - I know you're waiting for Season 4 to come out on DVD...

Glad you liked the scenes and music though and thanks for the praise for my first vid. I hope to make another one in the future - this one was way too much fun. Hope you get your muse soon!

Hi there DSDragon! I'm flattered that you broke down and watched my vid. What a compliment! Thanks. Okay, the whispers at the end went like this:

Lois: "Tell Clark that I love him..."
Clark: "I'm here, I'm right here, I'm right here..."

And if you've read all of Faustian, you know what that scene is from... when Superman finds Lois after (ahem you know) and there's the little revelation scene.

Anyway, I stole the "voice clips" from Lois saying that to Superman in "And The Answer Is" when he's going to freeze her... and I stole Clark's clip from him saying that to Lois in "Witness" after she's attacked and she asked him to stay.

Thank you again so much for all the lovely comments and fdk!!!

-- DJ angel-devil

#245168 11/19/06 05:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, DJ, I wanted to watch, but the file has been deleted. Is there anyway you can reload it? I couldn't watch at the time you put it out because of computer issues and only having a dial-up connection.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard