Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just a little note of encouragement. notworthy

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Agree with MetroRhodes laugh Keep those vids coming people! laugh

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Features Writer
Features Writer
MDL (yes, I know you just posted one... but I wanted to encourage you anyway)
I did more than one actually... there's one just posted now called Virtual Insanity. The others were All star with rachel, La tortura, sympaphy for the devil, we belong together, CSI theme, and rescue me for the fundraising project.

I don't get a lot of feedback and to be honest it kind of let me down sometimes to even bother doing a video. It takes ages to make them and hardly ever I receive fdk. Nonetheless they pay off. smile

Anyway, thanks for remembering I'm around smile1

MDL. angel-devil

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
MDL, I beg you pardon. I rarely give feedback on the board, because just I need many minutes just to write a few lines, so I just do it when I have something to say that anybody had said before me, or when I am too moved that I don't have a choice except saying I loved it.

But I want you to know that "La Tortura" is one of my favourite vid. You did great! I love how you tell the story of Clark cheating on Lois and then trying to ask her to forgive him, but she's heartbroken and angry. I love it! You did really great. When I saw that, I thought "if only someone could write a fanfic with the story of your video", but it never happens. In fanfics, Lois and Clark never cheat on each other, andnever had to overcome that couple problem. It's too bad, that could be really angsty and moving, as your video is.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I posted one video too, once ("Without You"), and I made another one for the fundraiser ("I want you to want me"). I'm working on a third one, but I rarely have time to work on it, a few minutes here, a few minutes there. I almost don't make any progress, so it could be weeks (or months even, who knows?) before I post it, but I'm working on it.

Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MDL --

Ohhh, don't get discouraged! I loved your CSI theme song "Who are you" vid. I *thought* I left you fdk on that one... if I didn't I sincerely apologize. I really liked it.

And yes, I knew you had done more than one - what I meant by saying "I know you just posted one" is that I knew you had just *recently* posted a vid, but I still wanted to include you in my note anyway. laugh

Hi Poussin! Yes, I really liked "Without You" (3 Doors Down right? I love their stuff...) But I'm glad you reminded me about "I Want You To Want Me" because I think I missed watching that one on my fundraiser disk. I need to go back and look at it again. I've been so busy that I haven't given it the thorough look-through that it deserves. :p Same with yours MDL - Rescue Me - I need to drag that DVD out and watch it.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I personally love the vids that everyone makes. I have no clue how to make one and would feel totally inept trying to make one. So I'm always blown away by them.

Thanks everyone!!!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well personally, I loved All Star and CSI!! I'm always terrifically behind on videos since I never have a decent internet connection to watch them. I usually just end up scrolling through the index that gets updated every so often. But hey, now that we can private message, I feel like I can give feedback without bumping up a thread from like 2005. :p

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
But hey, now that we can private message, I feel like I can give feedback without bumping up a thread from like 2005. [Razz]
Hey, nothing wrong with doing that! wink Who knows, it might bring the vid/trailer/poster/fic some more viewers/readers. There are more new people all the time. laugh

And, back on topic, I'd like to add my urgings to the vidders out there... to make more trailers!! I'm going into withdrawal over here! whinging

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Hi Poussin! Yes, I really liked "Without You" (3 Doors Down right? I love their stuff...) But I'm glad you reminded me about "I Want You To Want Me" because I think I missed watching that one on my fundraiser disk.
"Without You" was by Jennifer Cihi.

When you'll watch "I want you to want me", I advice you to watch the .ram version. The .wmv version has a weird ratio, not the one I originally did.

Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Whoops! Wrong one! blush

I like the Jennifer Cihi version you did as well.

Thanks Poussin! I'll keep that in mind (the ratio thing).

laugh

C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
C_A - You dropped a couple of awesome vids on us with "Blaze of Glory" and "Bond" and then you disappeared for a while... are you out there? Please come back.
I'm still around, but very busy with RL. I just spent two months without Internet access. I have no idea when I'll post new vids, but thanks for thinking of me.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Glad to hear from you C_A - sorry RL is such a... well you know... right now.

Okay, you're allowed a break for now wink but we'll be expecting something really good when you come back! goofy

-- DJ angel-devil

Features Writer
Features Writer
And, back on topic, I'd like to add my urgings to the vidders out there... to make more trailers!! I'm going into withdrawal over here!
Mine is good to go... angel-devil

If I dont receive any fdk on that one, I wont bother posting the story. :p kidding.

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Raquel - I haven't seen anything from you in a while. Your last Celine Dion vid 'I Know What Love Is' - I LOVED that one. It was so perfect and so moving.
WOW, you remember? laugh I sure want to make more videos, MetroRhodes and I really appreciated all of your feedbacks. People like you make us vidders want to keep going so thank you very much for this encouragement! thumbsup I just haven't made any more videos because my Muse is hidden somewhere but be sure I want to make more laugh If you have any song you'd like me to make a video tell me so maybe I can give it a try wink

I know what MDL means with lack of feedback and that doesn't help us. I even like when people write they just liked my video... that means a lot and it makes my work worth. I'm bad with feedback too but I'll try to get better because I know how much it means to people to just have their work recognized somewhow smile

Raquel (who is going to chase after her Muse and bring her back laugh )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MDL - Yours is good to go?! A new one? I just checked the folder, where is it? Or have you not posted it yet? I'll watch for it... and for the story. laugh

Raquel - Yes, of course I remembered it! I had requested "Everywhere" by Michelle Branch and you had done that one for me... absolutely loved it. If I can think of another song to suggest I'll let you know. There was one the other day, but I've already forgotten what it was...

Yes, please go wrangle that Muse and get her back to work. wink

Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Raquel -- I just saw that you posted a new one! Yippee! I'll watch it and give fdk just as soon as I can. But you asked if there were any song suggestions, so here's a couple:

ORDINARY DAY
By: Vanessa Carlton

Just a day,
Just an ordinary day.
Just tryin to get by.
Just a boy,
Just an ordinary boy.
But he was looking to the sky.
And as he asked if I would come along
I started to realize
That everyday he finds
Just what he's looking for,
Like a shooting star he shines.

He said take my hand,
Live while you can
Don't you see your dreams are right in the palm of your hand.

As he spoke, he spoke ordinary words
Although they did not feel, now
For I felt what I had not felt before
You'd swear those words couldn't heal.
As I looked up into those eyes
His vision borrows mine
And to know he's no stranger,
For I feel I've held him for all of time.

And he said take my hand,
Live while you can
Don't you see your dreams are right in the palm of your hand
In the palm of your hand

Please come with me,
See what I see.
Touch the stars for time will not flee.
Time will not flee.
Can you see

Just a dream, just an ordinary dream.
As I wake in bed
And the boy, that had, ordinary boy.
Or was it all in my head?
Did he asked if I would come along
It all seemed so real.
But as I looked to the door,
I saw that boy standing there with a deal.
And he said take my hand,
Live while you can,
Don't you see your dreams are right in the palm of your hand
In the palm of your hand
In the palm of your hand
Just a day, just an ordinary day
Just tryin to get by.Just a boy,
Just an ordinary boy.
But he was looking to the sky.

------------------------------------

I also think the song "Are You Happy Now" by Michelle Branch could be done as a good story vid. Rachel has done several story vids where you tell a story by video instead of through words. Look at the words to this song. Can't you see Clark feeling this way after Lois accepted Lex's proposal? And it has really good "beats" I think...

Hotel Paper: Are You Happy Now?

No, don't just walk away
Pretending everything's ok
And you don't care about me
And I know there's just no use
When all your lies become your truths and I don't care
Could you look me in the eye
And tell me that you're happy now
Would you tell it to my face or have I been erased
Are you happy now?
Are you happy now?

You took all there was to take
And left me with an empty plate
And you don't care about it
And I, I've given up this game
And leaving you with all the blame cause I don't care

Could you look me in the eye?
And tell me that you're happy now
Would you tell it to my face or have I been erased
Are you happy now?
Are you happy now?

Do you really have everything you want?
You can never give somethin' you ain't got.
You can't run away from yourself

And tell me that you`re happy now
Come on tell it to my face or have I been erased
Are you happy now?
Are you happy now?

Would you look me in the eye?
I've had that all I can take
And I'm about to break
Cause I'm happy now
Are you happy now?

Back To Lyrics

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you for the encouragement. I'm doing a new video right now. A Christmas one. smile

Kerth
Kerth
I have personal knowledge that Rachel has the beginnings of a new vid...

C'mon Rachel - it's been *months* now and you still haven't finished it!?!?

You don't want to see me beg - it's not at all pretty. whinging

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Columnist
Columnist
I know, I know!

I'll get one out soon enough. My muse hasn't been helpful lately. Don't worry, You'll have one soon. smile

Thanks for the encouragement.

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes - I know of 2 others that Rachel had promised me she was working on (Rach - you know which 2 I'm talking about...)

And as much as I love Sue, sloppy , what I really want to know is if *my* request(s) were given before Sue's? Hmmm? If so, then I expect to see it/them soon. <g>

-- DJ

Merriwether
Merriwether
I only posted two or three of my videos. I thought after getting all four seasons on DVD I would actually post my stuff and make more.

Gee I can't believe that all the want/urge to make vids is gone now.

Also, I never have time to watch vids anymore so I only get to watch the odd one and comment if I can think of something inspiring to say. Most of the time my first thought is WOW or "how did they manage the patience to do that!" Now trying to get my mind to squeeze out more than that is hard smile .

Please post more vids. I'm looking out!!!!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard