Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
This idea was first brought up in Paul's AudioFic Experiment thread , and I thought I'd try and see if it could work out.

The idea is this:

We have a fic written in first person, No Excuse . We have a POV switch near the end - most of the story is told by Clark, while the last few lines are told by Lois. We could make an audio version of it, where a male FoLC would be reading Clark, and a female FoLC would be reading Lois.

If you're interested in taking part in this, here's what you have to do:

- Record yourself reading out a small part of the fic (15-20 seconds should be enough). If you're trying out for Lois, it would be better to read out the whole deal (so that the choices are there and ready to choose from).

- Upload the sound file somewhere and reply here with a link to it, or email it to me and I'll do it myself.

- The casting period will be over after a period of three days without a new participant.

- Throughout the casting period, all of you can, and are encouraged to, comment on how you like each voice and which one you prefer for each part. You're also encouraged to explain why (you like the accent, it reminds you of the original actor's voice, it sounds more realistic, anything).

- The two FoLCs that will have the majority's approval will take the parts. If it's a tough choice to make, I'll set up a poll. Do keep in mind, though, that since I'm the author of the story, I reserve the right to act as the casting director and go for the voices I like best laugh

And a very important thing I'm sure goes without saying, but... never hurts to double check:

I would kindly request the participants not to take it personally if they don't get the part. This is for entertainment purposes only. And not participating in the reading of this 3KB story doesn't mean you can't go on and record another story, if you want to wink

So, if you'll allow me, I would like to present the first participant - myself!

Anna Botsakou

(Please note that not everyone trying out for Lois has to be 'colouring' her voice the way I did here - regarding pauses, which words to emphasize, etc.. Read it out in the way you imagine it to sound.)

Hope this will turn out to be fun smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sounds cool, Anna smile

I'm not participating, sorry frown It's just that I don't have time for it, my English pronounctation is so bad, and my microphone is even worse laugh grumble

But I hope other people do have time & skills & good microphones smile

bu-bye wave

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ooooh!!! how cool! this is definitely something I'd like to try. smile

Going to go hunt for a microphone tomorrow and I'll send up a sound file.

Edit:
Hey, Anna - I'm trying to get to your file, but I keep getting errors that it can't connect after I pick the DL and enter the lil password thingy. frown

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Yeah, I see. The Youpload server must be down.

Try this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQ9S7ULL

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Anna!! You have a beautiful voice!

clap

A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Thank you, Lara! smile

Oh, and Selinde - feel free to follow the thread and comment nonetheless smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Here's mine. smile

No Excuse - LaraMoon
(links directly to the WAV file - so right-click and "save link as" is probably a good idea.)

Turns out we had a mic in the house.

Oh, yes, obviously, I have an accent... wink (and a fairly low voice for a girl. eh.)

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Ah, the lengths I'll go to in order to procrastinate. See, like most people, I'm not enamoured with the sound of my own voice, and I tend to trip over my words when reading aloud. But... *cough* here I am with my audition and my literary analysis paper sitting, unfinished, in the corner. I can think of a million different reasons not to like the file I made, but here goes.

No Excuse - Sara Kraft

Sara blush

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh you both have great voices!! laugh

Lara - I like the intonation in your voice, it makes it fun to listen to smile (though it may be just a little over the top sometimes) and btw; I don't think you have a low voice or something.. smile

Sara - Nice, steady voice & accent smile I'd speak a little slower if I were you, though. That's only a suggestion of course, it already sounds very good (both of you! smile )

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Aha, thanks for the files, girls smile

Selinde is right, both in the points she makes and in saying that you sound great smile (Sara, I didn't exactly love the file I put up either *g*)

Also, Paul sent me a link to his file. Here it is:
Paul-Gabriel Wiener .

(I think we've found our Clark, ladies and gentlemen! Though if anyone else wants to try out, he's welcome to.)

I'm having lots of fun, FoLCs. Thanks for participating to this project!

Any other participants? laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What I like about Paul's voice is that it's slightly reminiscent of the Clark off of Smallville. I never actually watch the show, but something about it reminds me of an actual Clark. Just so you know.

And as far as Lois goes, I actually like that Sara speaks quickly. In the series, especially when babbling is called for, Lois's speeches fly.

Although so far nobody seems to have the right accent going for Lois. If there's anyone out there who says "allus" sometimes instead of "always", you'd be perfect!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lara - I like the intonation in your voice, it makes it fun to listen to [Smile] (though it may be just a little over the top sometimes) and btw; I don't think you have a low voice or something..
Yeah, I think I tried a little too much to "act it out"... which I probably should not have done. Oh well. wink I had a lot of fun doing this, no matter what - reminded me of the "good old days" when I had a sideline recording messages for phone systems (you know "To reach the customer service department, please press One." and that sort of thing. *lol*).

Although so far nobody seems to have the right accent going for Lois. If there's anyone out there who says "allus" sometimes instead of "always", you'd be perfect!
Yeah, imho, she'd have a higher pitched voice than mine is. I'd probably be great as Cat, though. ...and she's the type of character I would LOVE to voice, too. hehehe! smile

I gotta ask, though... "allus" ?? That's how she pronounces it? gee, I gotta pop s DVD in and check that out.

Sara - I think you have a lovely voice. You talk a lil too fast, if you don't mind my saying so.. if it were just a touch slower, I think it would be perfect. smile

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Thanks, guys. blush I was probably a little faster than normal because I was nervous. laugh There goes my acting career! :p

I can try to record it a little more slowly if you like, but it's definitely something I'll keep in mind for future recordings.

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ahem... I think I can now officially forget every thought I had about becoming an actress. ...Not that I had any, but still.

Yes, I know I sound like Minnie Mouse on helium and that I'm speaking very rapidly, buuuut... I just wanted to try. I just hope I don't have that Swedish accent. razz

Okay, so here we go No Excuse - Cherry

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Cherry- I think you sound great!!

A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Ah, thanks for the file, Cherry! Your voice is cute smile

You all (well, 'we all', since I put up a file too goofy ) are making it hard to decide! Though I wouldn't have it any other way! smile

I'll admit Sara has a little bit of an advantage in my book, being the only native American English speaker, but whoever wants to try out is welcome to, wherever they're coming from! (We FoLCs pride in being a universal fandom, after all! And see how the four of us who have 'auditioned' are from four different countries and natively speak four different languages? wink )

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
The casting period is over! Thanks to everyone who participated!

Clark's part goes to Paul, obviously laugh Lois's part goes to Sara. Kudos to you guys! Sara - expect an email laugh

Lara and Cherry, thanks for sending audio files. You were great too smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Darn, I finally got my 'good' computer fixed and wanted to listen to all these voices, but now most of the files are expired. frown

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard