Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#244899 09/13/06 02:04 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
hey there laugh

I posted a drawing in my newbie introduction, but Sara suggested I opened a topic here... Actually I have more stuff to come, (hopefully LOL), so here is just a very very very quick drawing I did tonight between two animations.
As I was saying in the post, my scanner is dumb, lines aren't even straight, and I didn't really finish it LOL... Not to mention I'm sooooo out of it(it's 3 in the morning), so it's not that good :S
But then again, the idea bunny hits me hard, I just had to put it on paper LOL, and share it with ya. Tee hee laugh

Hope you'll like it nonetheless laugh

It's called "Mornin with Daddy"

[Linked Image]

Merriwether
Merriwether
That's cool - thanks for sharing!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm so depressed. This drawing is fantastic AND you did it at three in the morning?! I can't wait to see more! laugh

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Wow! That's great! I can't believe you did it at 3am! And it looks so good!

Julie

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh, that's just so sweet!! I love that the little one is floating!!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh I love it!! You did this at 3 am *just between two animations*? eek It's really good!! I'm jealous! goofy

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Oh, this is just so great! I wish I could draw like that.

Excellent job, Marie, and I'm hoping to see more soon! laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow Marie, I really love it! thumbsup
The little kid floating is so sweet smile

If you have more, don't hesitate to share with us hyper

Oh, and welcome to the boards wave

Greets,

~ An ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is very very good Marie! clap
Thanks for sharing and welcome!

Simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, so cute that the kid is floating! smile1

Killer! And sadly enough I have so little concept of when a line is "straight"... I always felt bad for my drawing I prof in college. She'd get this rather exasperated look on her face... :p

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Amazing, If this is your "not good" I'd be scared to see what you think is.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh Marie, that's adorable! And it's brilliant, too! Thanks a billion for sharing it with us. smile1

Ann

Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
OOoooh, i'm sorry for not having answered sooner, I was running around like crazy to bring my stuff in the South of France, before moving at the end of the week...

So, it's kinda late, but THANK YOU, I'm totally amazed by your enthusiasm, and very very happy you liked the drawing blush I love imagining Clark being a daddy, it just kills me every time at the end of the season 4!!!

And here is a photoshop painting I finished this evening, I needed more than a short a break from 3D animation this time(dumb files, slow comp, you know the usual, makes you want to throw your comp by the windows, oooh the happiness LOL!), so it took me around 3 hours, and I ended doing a kinda classic image, but it was fun... Im not so happy about the light on characters, its going everywhere but not super well LOOL!! And I totally used reference for the buildings, I was so lazy laugh

The title is "Just another day with the Kents", nothing fancy laugh

[Linked Image]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Marie! Sorry I didn't post fdk on this sooner.

I absolutely loved your pencil drawing of daddy Clark. Gorgious! I'm really impressed.

And this latest picture? Beautiful.

Thank you so much for sharing these and I'll look forward to more pics from you in the future. clap

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Marie, your last one is absolutely beautiful! Hmmm.... It reminds me a little of Superman Returns, provided Superman and Lois can get past all the things separating them. Ah, well, but I do think we are looking at Lois and Clark, aren't we?

Ann

Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks for the comments O_O !!! I'm so happy to be able to share my L&C geekiness around laugh
And if it reminded you, TOC, of Superman Returns, I can die happy LOL!

It's most definitely Lois and Clark, but I have to admit I'm not quite fond the short haircut of Teri Hatcher in the last seasons, so I went for the "Susan" look instead laugh And Clark is a bit far away, here is a detail because I did work on a huuuuge file laugh

[Linked Image]

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
The look on Superman's face is priceless. Although you have a very good likeness, the work on his face seems different from the work on the other parts of the picture.Not a critcism, just an observation. Thanks for sharing.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
yeah thats very true actually laugh I worked with another technic mostly because of the light coming from the back laugh and it's more "rough" because it's from afar too (ahaha lazy me!)! Didn't put a lot of details on the suit though, that's the problem with drawing real life person, when you have the face, suddenly the rest is more annoying to do laugh
Thanks for the comment, and criticism is also welcome wink

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great work Marie. goofy .

This would be a mature Lois apparently rather assured of Superman's attention. What are the lady and the bearded guy looking at? If everyone except Lois had stared straight at Superman not really letting us see their faces I think it could have been even stronger.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Aahha funny you mention that laugh Since I've posted it I've been considering turning at least the woman which is looking at but too low. Actually the guy on the left was supposed to point at Superman but I got lazy LOL, it made more sense at that time that people were starting to wonder what was going on, and looking for Sup' in the sky laugh
And you got it alright with the mature Lois, it's kind of daily routine for them, she knows he's "always around" ehehe!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard