Print Thread
#244892 09/11/06 09:57 AM
K
Kaylle Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
K
Way back in April I made a fanfic trailer. I wanted to enter it in a video exhibit at my school, because I thought fanfic trailers are notable as a new form of fan creation, and the department that was running the exhibit studies fan culture and such. The exhibit itself turned out to be one of the more humiliating events of my life <g>, but I did emerge with a finished trailer.

The only problem is that the story is not at all finished. Not even close. Maybe years from being done. Maybe will not ever be done. And I don't want you all to think I'm a tease for showing this trailer when I have nothing to back it up, so to speak. On the other hand, I showed it ot a bunch of perfect strangers, so it seems only fair I should show it here to people who might actually enjoy it <g>.

So I debated about it for a few months, and on the advice of some friendly people on IRC I'm posting it today. They said that missing out on the story was better than missing out on both story and trailer, and assured me they'd defend me if anyone called me a tease wink

The other thing is that it's a really dark story. Really, really dark Superfutures story. So if you don't like that sort of thing, you should steer clear.

If you're still with me after all of that, here is the trailer. Watch it at your own risk, and don't say I didn't warn you. wink

Finding Noplace
-
Large (24 MB)
- Small (6 MB)

EDIT: With all those disclaimers, I forgot to thank the people who helped me with this! A big thanks to LauraU, who's my cheerleader on this story wink , and to the FoLCwips ladies and gentleman and my LiveJournal friends, who looked at many many iterations of this and picked me up after my school treated me badly wink

Kaylle wink

#244893 09/11/06 12:05 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Kaylle, this trailer is beautifully heart-wrenching. The music, combined with the images, made me shiver.

I don't know what went wrong at the exhibit, but well, at least we earned this great trailer smile

Now have fun writing! laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#244894 09/11/06 12:33 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was an intriguing trailer, Kaylle. Very well done combination of images, text and music.

If you ever get around to finishing/posting the story (which I hope you do, just because I really enjoy your writing and have read all of your existing stories a couple of times wink ), I'll definitely be checking it out.

Thanks for sharing this trailer!

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
#244895 09/11/06 03:03 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Intriguing is indeed the perfect word. Nice trailer, and now we are all going to have to bug you periodically about finishing the story. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#244896 09/12/06 04:43 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Well, you already know I love it, especially the last line. The title cards are great. The clips perfect. And the music... well, the music is more than perfect. For me, the music is what makes the trailer, and this just fits the story SO well! goofy

Great job on the trailer! I only wish it could have gone better at school, but we FoLCs appreciate it much more than they would anyway. wink

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#244897 09/14/06 10:27 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Uh wow... eek

I love the irony of the title and the music. Wonderful job smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#244898 09/23/06 04:41 PM
K
Kaylle Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
K
I didn't mean to post this and then disappear, honest wink It's th ebeginning of term and things are always hectic around here.

But I did want to come back and thank everyone for their comments and praise! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it smile And I'm sorry I don't have more to offer you in the form of the story frown If the story were anywhere near being done, I'd be happy to show it to you, but as it is it's about a chapter long <g>. If I ever get it finished, you all will be the first to know smile

LoisLaneWannaBe mentioned the title. It's a reference to the fact that Utopia translates literally to "noplace," implying from the beginning that such a place doesn't/can't exist. I always thought that was an interesting bit of trivia smile

Anyway, I'm glad you guys liked the trailer, and I apologize I don't have a story to offer you! I'll work on it, I promise smile

Kaylle

(As for the exhibit... well, I wrote a very nice blurb for the program explaining that my video was a fanfic trailer (and what exactly a fanfic trailer was), but the people organizing the exhibit lost my blurb and presented the trailer with no explanation whatsoever. So people didn't have any idea what to make of it or understand that it was a trailer for a longer story, and mostly they thought it was freakish and weird.

Anyway, one of my more mortifying experiences wink But it did produce this trailer <g>

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard