Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#2442 06/05/03 04:48 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Gabrielle wrote:
Even before Lois, wouln't Clark jr., being a well-mannered boy, introduce himself because he knows - via Conner's letter - that Conner didn't know his name?
Actually, Gabrielle, I think he would have, but he didn't have the time. Clark Jr. sees Conner arrive at the party, calls out to him, thanks him for the puppy right away and says how much he loves him and that he named him Jerry. This strikes Conner as an odd name, but he makes a comment about the Superman Foundation.
Instead of asking, he waved his hand around the room. "This is really some event."

"Gets bigger every year." The boy beamed even brighter, happy to show off his mother's organizational skills. He was about to say something else when a voice caught his attention.
Perhaps the correction to his name was what Clark Jr. would have said if Lois hadn't walked by at that moment...

And then it was time to begin the festivities.

Not forgetting, of course, that it was most convenient for SQD to write it this way. grumble grumble

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#2443 06/05/03 05:17 AM
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
SDQ,
So very, very powerful. The emotions are real and heart wretching as well as fulfilling. This story is one of the best I have read and, believe me, I have tried to read them all!

I appreciate your rush to get out part 10, but now I have to have part 11, 12, and however many more you've got! Okay? I mean it's been almost 2 days since you posted 10!

Anyway, this is absolutely beautiful.
Thanks,
Catherine

#2444 06/05/03 05:57 AM
neo Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Hello SQD,

Well I read your story since the first part, but I never had time to tell you ( but now I'm taking it) that this is AWESOME.
thumbsup
I hope I will be reading you soon. Thanks for the entertainemt.
Bye. Lucie

#2445 06/05/03 09:13 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
It's hard to be the devil's advocate, especially since I really loved Part 10. It was beautiful and poignant. *surreptitiously wipes away a tear*

About Lois discovering that Clark was still alive. I think it’s far too soon. She may have felt the attraction to Connor and compared that with what she felt to Clark. She may have noticed that Connor reacted strongly to CK Jr’s speech. She may even notice a more than passing resemblance of Connor with Clark, but to infer from all that, that Clark was still alive is a little incredible. The soul mates theory can only go so far, and frankly I think this is not quite in the realm of its possibility. What it comes down to is this: For one decade, Lois truly believed that Clark had died. She reversed something she believed for 10 solid years barely half an hour into meeting Connor Devon, somebody whom she thought was a virtual stranger.

In any case, while I'm not advocating that you milk the angst for all it's worth, for a guy as driven by vengeance as Connor, I think that he "cracked" far too easily. It's one thing for him to finally acknowledge that he will be always Clark, and to have personal doubts about seeking revenge vs seeking justice. It's quite another to crumble in front of Lois just like that. I do believe that Clark did not make the decision to take the name “Connor” lightly, and as such he would have been strong enough to deny his original identity at least this first time round. SQD, I do think you could have held off the Confession for a few more parts.

All that said, I reiterate that I enjoyed the part very much and I am looking forward to Part 11 (and the rest of the story).

--meclone2--

#2446 06/06/03 03:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Salut from France Lucie! wave

T'es originaire d'où si ce n'est pas indiscret?

Carole

#2447 06/06/03 06:06 AM
neo Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Salut CArole,

J'habite dans l'essonne à 30 km de Paris. Et Toi? Je suppose que tu n'habites pas à Metropolis !!!

#2448 06/06/03 12:12 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Again, I guess, I'll be the one to rudely nag....

WHERE IS PART 11???

Ja-10

#2449 06/06/03 12:19 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
nag, nag!

Me too, where is Part 11?

I'll have to send the troops in!

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

malu

#2450 06/06/03 09:24 PM
neo Offline
Blogger
Blogger
I'm going to nag too. So where is part 11, and you can post part 12 too because it's been a long time.
NAG NAG NAG NAG... wildguy wildguy

Lucie

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard