Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#244582 07/01/06 03:48 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Unrequited ("'Till the Heartache's Gone' by Diamond Rio) is a Maysoncentric MV. I wanted to show her point of view, and hopefully I've succeeded.

I think when I was younger, I didn't much care for her. Now though, she is perhaps my favorite guest character. She knows what she wants (Clark), and she goes for it, but she doesn't use underhanded means to do so. She was brutally honest, even when it meant the possibility of humiliating herself.

*sigh...* If I weren't such a LnC shipper...

I started this video way too long ago (Early May, so I guess it wasn't ALL that long ago...) and would probably still be sitting on my harddive if not for the persuasion of Rachel.

Thanks to both Rachel and Sara, for clips when I discovered that the DVDs with the nesessary episodes were on are MISSING!!! (somewhere in my room...) and for looking it over as I went. And to anyone else I pestered along the way! ^_^

32.6 MB | 9.5 MB

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#244583 07/01/06 05:00 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Um wow that end gave me chills because the heartache only left when she left...

Wow I loved this video, different and well done. Since I just did a trailer that was mostly Mayson clips I appriciate this video quite a bit. I like your style and I want more from you soon...

If Rach has to come after you, then you know it must be good...

*Runs from her biting hehe.... peep

Great job! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#244584 07/02/06 12:58 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow - it's really a great video! clap

Although everyone knows what's coming at the end, I felt my throat thighten and some kind of heartache... it's sooooo sad frown mecry

However: You did a great job and it was a good idea to handle with another topic than "Oh, I love you, Clark" and "I love her but she doesn't love me in return" wink (which doesn't imply that I do not love these too laugh )

Bye,

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#244585 07/02/06 12:54 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I must admit, I really liked this video. Nicely done! thumbsup The clips chosen and the music match the heart wretching pain of unrequited love.

#244586 07/03/06 11:34 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was a great video as soon as I saw it I got an urge to watch The Church of Metropolis and I agree Mayson is definetly one of the best guest characters, I think she's the reason Lois finally decided to give Clark a chance.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
#244587 07/03/06 07:15 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Catherine! This is ...

*cut for incoherent rambling*

... Gah! It's so so so good. I heart Mayson and have always always always been drawn to her character, in part because I'm such an angst masochist. The clips you chose were fantastic and though I've never been a huge Diamond Rio fan, the lyrics resonated perfectly. Besides, nothing takes the taste out of a peanut butter sandwich like unrequited love.

*loves* Seriously, brilliant.

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
#244588 07/12/06 11:08 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Your videos are always something extraordinary, and once again you didn't disappoint! Mayson was a great character on the show, and you did her and her feelings for Clark justice.

Thanks for sharing.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#244589 07/12/06 11:14 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Although I never liked Mayson (well, I'm an absolute Lois fan thumbsup ), I have to say that this video is great. Also the music fits perfectly.
Great work! smile

Lois Lane: Danger is my business!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard