Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#244569 06/30/06 04:17 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
This is going to be a long intro paragraph so either bear with me or just click the link to go right to the trailer. smile

About two years ago, I became intrigued by the amazing videos and trailers of the L&C fans. I was so excited and I knew I wanted to join in on the fun. So I made A New Day Has Come. That video was my first and was nominated for an Alt-Kerth. To me, that was the best honor of all. Knowing that so many people were supportive and liked my video made me want to continue doing it. So I put most of my writings on hold and did.

Unfortunately, L&C clips were hard to come by for me. I lacked the technology at the time and the resources to make the videos with. Luckily, I had a few "angels" give me clips and I was able to produce two more videos and two trailers.

Recently, I was looking back at those works and saw that I was using many of the same ones over and over. It was hard to create the scenes I wanted with so little. I then just stopped making videos for awhile and went back to writing.

After coming back from a short absence, I was ready to complete my latest story when I noticed the other writers who had stepped up to the plate. Their stories were, funny, sad, and brilliant. I wanted to be able to do something to pay tribute to those writers once again.

That’s when another angel named Alysehn came to my rescue. She had posted how to take the clips from DVD's and put them on your PC. I remember for about three days straight I was extracting clips like a mad woman but I was sooo happy to finally be able to give back without groveling and asking for clips.

I had now a bunch of clips, but of course, no ideas came to mind of what to do with them. Then I read DJ's story Remember Me and suddenly a trailer came to me. This was my promise for lack of commenting to show how much this story meant to me.

I tell you this story because I know our real lives are sometimes crazier than Lois and Clark's and that sometimes we get so busy we forget to comment or tell people how much we appreciate them.

This video is dedicated to Alysehn, DJ and all the other angels apart of this fandom who inspire us to do better, to do what we love and appreciate each other.

Now without any further speaking blush here is

Remember Me Trailer

and the link to the story

Remember Me: Complete Story

The song used is "Remember" by Josh Groban from the "Troy" soundtrack. smile

Enjoy! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#244570 06/30/06 06:57 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Originally posted by LoisLaneWannaBe:
I tell you this story because I know our real lives are sometimes crazier than Lois and Clark's and that sometimes we get so busy we forget to comment or tell people how much we appreciate them.

This video is dedicated to Alysehn, DJ and all the other angels apart of this fandom who inspire us to do better, to do what we love and appreciate each other.
Thanks so much for the dedication! You really didn't have to, I'm just glad that the programs worked for you. And that is so true, everyone's lives do get a tad insane at times, but we should still show our appreciation to the people who work so hard on this site because I don't know what I'd do without my daily intake of FoLC Productions or fanfiction. Thanks for spreading this message, you have inspired me to do better hyper

I used to be on here as Alysehn. Now I'm back using my real name, Karyssa smile
#244571 07/01/06 01:22 AM
Columnist
Columnist
whoa I loved the story and the trailer is perfect. Thank you and the song and the scence fit the story as if they were made for each other.

#244572 07/01/06 02:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OMG Kelly! I just saw this post (stayed up to late going to see Superman Returns :-)

<Thanks to Rachel for directing my attention>

Okay, I'm off to watch it now. I just had to post this first to say thank you for all your hard work on this. I really am blown away that my story inspired this vid from you. WOW!

Okay, back shortly...

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#244573 07/01/06 02:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
notworthy

That was awesome! I haven't heard that song by Josh Groban! What a perfect song!!! And your clips...WOW! I had forgotten how many good clips there were out there of Clark and Mayson, and those *strange* or different looks Clark would give her, that made you wonder what was going on in his mind.

I'm so flattered! blush And so floored! hail

**edit** - oh and ditto to what Alysehn said above. What would we do without this awesome site and all the talented and wonderful people who share their creative works here - whether they are stories, vids, trailers, artwork, etc... Thank you to all those who make it possible to share our creations.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#244574 07/01/06 03:18 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Wow. I don't know the story, but I loved the trailer. I'll read it!

#244575 07/05/06 02:00 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
eek Wow, I'm definately going to read that story! eek
The trailer was so beautiful whinging mecry *sniff*

PS I'm going to download that song I love it jump

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#244576 07/09/06 06:17 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
My computers acting up today but it won't stop me from thanking you all for your wonderful comments. smile

Thanks so much for the dedication! You really didn't have to, I'm just glad that the programs worked for you.
Alysehn, I did because you got me back into the grove of making my own videos and thats great for me. So yes it is for you and DJ! smile

Thanks for spreading this message, you have inspired me to do better
It is nice to know I too have made a difference smile

whoa I loved the story and the trailer is perfect. Thank you and the song and the scence fit the story as if they were made for each
Tahu thank you so much and I hope to have my story ready soon for you to finish it smile

Oh thank you, thank you! Gosh, thank you doesn't seem quite adequate...

That was awesome! I haven't heard that song by Josh Groban! What a perfect song!!! And your clips...WOW! I had forgotten how many good clips there were out there of Clark and Mayson, and those *strange* or different looks Clark would give her, that made you wonder what was going on in his mind.
DJ thank you for all your thanks and e-mails of thanks. Your story was the inspiration. I am a big season 2 junkie so as I was reading your story I remembered a lot of Mayson/Clark scenes that would fit. Then "remembering" the Josh Groban song put it all together and the rest is history. Again thank you and keep writing smile

Wow. I don't know the story, but I loved the trailer. I'll read it!
Glad to inspire another reader of a great story. Thank you smile

Wow, I'm definately going to read that story!
The trailer was so beautiful *sniff*

PS I'm going to download that song I love it
I love Josh too hehe blush and I am glad you liked it enough to check out the story. Thank you!

Thanks to all those who have commented already and/or have watched it but not left a note. I am just glad to be able to make videos for you all once again. smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#244577 07/09/06 07:01 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
wow thumbsup thumbsup . Loved the song you used. Also a very good story, defently going to read it smile !!!!

x-x-x Nathalie -x-x-x
#244578 07/14/06 06:22 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Nathalie I am glad you liked it and will read the story smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#244579 07/27/06 01:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kelly thank you again so much for doing this trailer for me. I'm so ecstatic that my story inspired you.

I wanted to let you know that the story is on the archive now, here: Remember Me

Are you planning to upload your trailer to the trailers page on the FoLC video website? (I didn't see it listed there yet). I hope you are.

Thanks again! You're awesome! notworthy

#244580 07/29/06 05:00 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
When they update the tralier page it will be there. Thats whenever the site decides to do it. smile

Congrats on getting it uploaded. It's a great story and I hope (when I get a chance) to read more from you soon smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
~Mary Anne Radmacher
#244581 11/01/07 10:52 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Woody brought up this trailer in the Fanfic folder, so I wanted to add my praise to the others that commented on it. I loved how you were able to use the clips of Clark and Mayson to set up the story. The song fits wonderfully with the story.

Great job!
BJ

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard