Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm kinda sorta working on a vid (don't get too excited; it's pretty out there, even for me), but I need some help finding clips.

First and foremost, I need as many clips as possible of Clark opening his shirt to reveal the S. (In a pinch, Clark changing into Superman on screen will do.)

I could also use shots of Clark wearing a hat. Are there any instances other than Soul Mates at the Pilot?

Continuing the shopping list:

Superman lifting someone by the neck. I have a clear memory of him doing it (and then the guy says "oh, you gonna lift me again?") but I can't remember who it was or what ep it was in.

(Please don't ask about this one...) Something that focuses on Superman's briefs.

Lois driving off a cliff (was that Contact?)

Clark wearing something red other than the Suit.

Clark (or Superman) putting his feet up (while wearing shoes or boots)

I'll be skimming through a bunch of eps, but whatever you've got would be helpful.

Thanks, FoLCs! smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
You just need us to name episodes, right?

In that case:

First and foremost, I need as many clips as possible of Clark opening his shirt to reveal the S. (In a pinch, Clark changing into Superman on screen will do.)
Off the top of my head (and I know this because I've used most of those clips myself, I'm not that obsessed with the show):
  • in HiM before the tidal wave hits
  • in ASU after he regains his memory
  • in Lucky Leon after Lois calls him interrupting Mayson's declaration of love
  • in TaGD after Clark tells Lois that he doesn't care where they live as long as they're together--it's Lois who opens his shirt for him
  • there's another one that they use in the credits, but I don't remember the episode--it's the one where he jumps the barricade, ripping open his shirt
  • in Tempus Fugitive after they've stopped Tempus
  • in Contact when he dives after Lois who's just jumped out the helicopter
  • in BACALAC there's that scene where both he and Lois are dressed in leather jackets and she has that hideous hairdo and he hears a call for help and needs to leave, so he rips open the shirt and she's like, "I love it when you do that!" or something to that effect

I'll let you know if I think of any more.

I could also use shots of Clark wearing a hat. Are there any instances other than Soul Mates at the Pilot?
As Clark, he rarely wore hats. Your best bet would be to check episodes where he went undercover, like IGACOY, where he wore a hat when he was pretending to be Charlie King or in Operation Blackout when he dressed in that military get-up. In LotF he wore a baseball cap.

Superman lifting someone by the neck. I have a clear memory of him doing it (and then the guy says "oh, you gonna lift me again?") but I can't remember who it was or what ep it was in.
He does that a lot but at the moment I can think of only one specific instance: in Meet John Doe he does it to Tempus when he tells him to stay away from Lois. Edited to add: I think the scene you're thinking of involved the Prankster--it sounds just like something he would say. Check those episodes.

Lois driving off a cliff (was that Contact?)
Nope, that was MJD.

I'll think about the others and get back to you.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
don't get too excited; it's pretty out there, even for me
But Paul, that's precisely why I like your stuff so much laugh

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Exactly how he's grabbing him I can't remember, but I think the scene you're picturing is from CoM, with Martin Snell in the park.

He grabs Tempus by the throat in MJD, so that Tempus spits out the hard candy he has in his mouth.

there's another one that they use in the credits, but I don't remember the episode--it's the one where he jumps the barricade, ripping open his shirt
I think this one is from The Source, when he's racing to stop the subway.

Other "ripping the shirt open" moments:
« in Top Copy, at his apartment when Diana Stride is on the balcony peering in
« in Ultra Woman, when he and Lois have been testing her powers and he starts to race off after the out-of-control truck
« in Ultra Woman, when he and Lois go off in separate directions after Lucille has taken Lois' powers
« in IGYUMS, when Woody Samms is in Clark's body and he realizes that he's now Superman

Then of course Lex's Quantum Disruptor in Seconds dissolves the front of the shirt so that the 'S' appears very nicely...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Exactly how he's grabbing him I can't remember, but I think the scene you're picturing is from CoM, with Martin Snell in the park.
Yes! That's right, it was CoM.

Clark wearing something red other than the Suit.
The teaser at the beginning of Witness when they're playing golf--he's wearing a bright red sweater.

Fanfic | MVs

Kerth
Kerth
In "Man of Steel Bars" he picks up a guy by the throat and moves him sideways (after his first court appearance). I just saw the ep again, so it's fresh in my mind.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Blogger
Blogger
Looking forward to this vid already!

In CoM, Clark wears a hat when he's pretending to be a cop.

There are two quick scenes that I can think of off the top of my head that might qualify for the brief thing. In Bolt From the Blue, when Resplendent Man is watching the women in the locker room, Superman floats downward into his field of vision and there's a magnificent--ahem, I mean there's a glimpse of red brief. Another one, just as quick is in Madame Ex where he flies home to Kansas, and just before (?) he startles Jonathan on the ladder there's a quick glimpse of briefs...and now, oh my, I think I'm as red as those briefs! I'm sure there are a million better ones, but those are the two that came to mind first.

Hope this helps a little!

Emrys

It's only with the heart that one can see clearly. What's essential is invisible to the eye. ~The Little Prince~
Features Writer
Features Writer
For
Clark (or Superman) putting his feet up (while wearing shoes or boots)
in "I've Got You Under My Skin", isn't there a scene where Lois puts "Clark's" (actually Woody's) feet up? I don't have the video (only the DVDs from S1 and S2), so I can't confirm if we actually see his feet, but this is what the script says:
gently sets some HEADPHONES on Woody's (well, Superman's)
head. WE HEAR CLASSICAL MUSIC coming out of them. He's got his feet up and a drink in one hand. His eyes are closed.
She tip-toes as she backs away, moves to --
malu wave

C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
in "I've Got You Under My Skin", isn't there a scene where Lois puts "Clark's" (actually Woody's) feet up?
Excellent thinking there, malu thumbsup . I checked and, yes, he does put his feet up and he's dressed as Superman so he's wearing boots.

I also thought of another instance when Clark wears a hat: in ATAI when he robs the jewelry store.

Fanfic | MVs

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow, thanks for all the help, everyone! I've got a lot to work with now. (I think I've solved the red thing, but the sweater may well come in handy.)

Time to get to work harvesting clips!

If you have any other thoughts, feel free to keep 'em coming. I think I've got enough to work with now, but it never hurts to have more options. smile

Thanks again for all the help! You'll probably regret it, but thanks anyway. wink

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
... Actually, I'm back with another.

There's an ep entitled "Don't Tug On Superman's Cape," but I could use a good clip of someone doing exactly that. Any suggestions?

(Sheesh, I feel like I'm making you guys do all the work for me. ... You know, it's kind of fun... wink )

EDIT: Never Mind. I've got something.

Paul

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Originally posted by HatMan:
In TF Clark lifts Tempus.And then Tempus says: ''Show off'' . I know this one because I love the scene ^^

I don't know if somebody has said this one , or you probely know it already
but I'm just gonna post it wink

Sara

God , I love irony! oh, super..

Clark: Good morning Lois.
Lois: You’re late.
Clark: Good morning Clark.
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks. Might have been cool. Might have been the one I was thinking of but couldn't find. Good to know it's there. But, in any case, it\'s done . smile

Paul

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Yes , I saw it yesterday ,amazing!
Where did you get the idea , and then the song:p
amazing:p

sara

God , I love irony! oh, super..

Clark: Good morning Lois.
Lois: You’re late.
Clark: Good morning Clark.
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Glad you liked it. smile

The song is from an episode of The Simpsons. The ep was a parody of 101 Dalmations (though some elements, such as this song, obviously parody other Disney films).

The idea... I don't know. It just came to me one day. Best explanation I've ever found for it was an Isaac Asimov story in which it was revealed that the Earth is a giant Petri dish for alien scientists, and that (in much the same way as we play around with bacteria to see what'll happen) they inject humor into certain individuals as part of some grand experiment. So when you hear one of those great jokes that goes around but that no one ever claims to have authored ("Where'd you come up with that?" "Oh, I must have heard it somewhere or other, I don't really remember..."), it's because the experimenters subtly dropped the idea into one or more peoples' minds.

It would also explain why C_A and I apparantly both had the same seemingly very random idea.

Or maybe it was just an Idea whose time had come. Who knows?

Paul

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard