Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
If you've kept a close eye on the dates for the Alt-Kerths, you already know nominating has started as of today. If you didn't know that yet, then by reading this post now, you do. wink

Nominations run from May 21st until June 3rd midnight EST. Which means you have two weeks left to read/view/watch on whatever you want to nominate. You do not have to nominate in every category. Even if you just want to nominate one thing, that's perfectly fine.

Now the question is, how do you nominate? This year, we've made it a bit easier for you all. We've created a special nominating form that can be downloaded from our site. You can find the form here. If, for whatever reason, you cannot use the form, you can send your nominations to us by email, to alt_kerths at hotmail dot com (please remove all spaces and replace at by @ and dot by .) The nominations form should also be emailed to that address.

For any questions, feel free to email us (private emails to one of the committee members is also possible) or post here. We'll get back to you as soon as possible then.

Because I'm no good at keeping a diary, I'll give you the important dates for the rest of this year's Alt-Kerths.

Nominating: May 21 - June 3
Voting: June 11 - June 17
Ceremony: June 24

I think that covers about everything for now. All that's left then is for me to wish you good luck!

The Alt-Kerth Committee
~Anna, Rachel, Sara and Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOOOHOOOOOOO! notworthy notworthy notworthy party

Tempus: Because you are, in a
word, looney toons!.

Inmate: Looney toons is two words.

Tempus: Not if you say it fast.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yahoo! Let the noming begin! party

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Got a question. In the categories section:

This is not a complete list of categories. It is merely a list of the eligible graphics, videos, etc. For this year's category list, please visit the categories page.
Does that mean that everything eligible is on this list? For the categories mentioned, I mean. Or are there eligible items which may not be on this list in these categories?

Thanks!
LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Aah, now I can explain this.

Last year, we had a list of categories and a list of eligibles. Not every category had a list of eligibles. So when people went to nominate, they just looked at the eligble list and thus forgot a few categories while they had wanted to nominate for those as well.

Now, we tried to come up with a way to prevent that this year. That warning is one. The nominating form is the second. If you use the form, you can't miss any of the categories, wether you want to nominate in them or not. That's the whole point.

So on the category page you find all the categories for this year's ceremony. On the eligible list, you find all the eligbles we've gathered for most categories. For something like Best Comments Giver, there is no nice list, so you have to think for yourself there. wink Of course, in the other categories, it is possible we've missed something, but overall, I'd say those lists are complete.

I hope that helped. smile

Saskia

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I understood perfectly about the categories, Saskia. It was whether the eligibles list was complete or not I was fuzzy on. Or whether I'd have to go looking for eligible items here on the mbs that weren't included in the list on the website.

Thanks! I'll just assume that the eligibles list is complete then and start working my way through everything I've missed. laugh

I love it when things are simple. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just bumping this up again to remind you that there are only two days left for nominating your favourites. So what are you waiting for? Rush over to www.2006.altkerthawards.com and download the nomination form!

Saskia

Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Last day! Just 15 hours left at this point.

So if you were thinking about sending in your nominations, now is the time! One category, all of them and anything in between is welcome. But it's your nomination we'd like to see.

Nominating ends today (June 3rd) at midnight EST. Don't forget that time flies when you still need loads of it!

Saskia ( wildguy )

Columnist
Columnist
Nominations have now closed! You can see the short list of nominees in the Fanfic Related folder or on The Official Alt-Kerth Awards Website . Congratulations to the nominees, and thanks to everyone who participated! Remember that voting runs June 11-17, and the ceremony will be held on June 24th. We hope to see you there!

The Alt-Kerth Committee
Anna, Rachel, Sara, and Saskia

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard