Next Thread
Print Thread
#244216 05/01/06 05:19 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you to all those who have donated to the fundraiser so far. If I have received your donation then you should have received an email from me today that the first round of DVDs have been shipped.

A total of 44 DVDs were shipped across the United States along with 4 that were going to over seas locations.

From this point on out, new DVDs will be shipped the Saturday after I receive your donation of $15 or more.

Keep the donations coming and to those who will be receiving thier DVDs soon ... Enjoy!

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
I'm looking forward to receiving it! hyper hyper hyper

simona smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just a note to add that for those who sent their contributions to a local collector, such as yours truly, Annette will be sending a batch to each of us once we have final-ish numbers. We'll then post them onwards to contributors.

Yvonne

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
As a possible way to cut down on expenses (i.e. material and shipping costs), is it feasible to convert the DVD to a .iso image file that's downloadable? Of course, this would only work if the recipient could burn that image, but I'll bet quite a few of us have DVD burners now.

The second possible challenge would be where you can host this download, but if any FoLC had access to decent bandwidth and wouldn't mind hosting it (leaving out cable modem people since the ISP would shut it down quickly), that could be a possibility.

I got my DVD today! I checked it out and it's about 391MB in size. Pretty big but not completely unreasonable in this day and age of broadband.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Merriwether
Merriwether
Mine came too! Haven't had a chance to do more than admire the pretty cover and pretty DVD yet, but I'm excited! laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for considering this idea, Roger.

We had quite a big and lengthy debate on the merits of sending out DVDs versus putting the material on a download site early on and for various reasons finally decided that there were too many problems (technical and access) so went with the DVD option instead. The download option didn't seem to be too popular with donors either.

There was a poll at some point which touched on the issues, but can't remember where it is now.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard